Register now to get rid of these ads!

MAS Roadster Components

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by eagle_011, Mar 22, 2005.

1. eagle_011

eagle_011
    from NC

Hey guys, i'm new here. I was wondering if anybody had ever used parts from MAS? They have the same advertisement in Rod&Custom and StreetRodder and seem to have decent prices. I am interested in the 23 T body they have since i want to build a low-buck mean hotrod using a build 302/c6 and 9" rearend that i already have. Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason

2. The body is OK, but it is just a hollow shell. There is a lot of work to make them usable. That said, I have helped on one and would buy one.....tradeoff labor vs dollars.

Their stuff is simple but decent.

3. Winfab

Winfab

I used their '23 body was happy with it, and made perimeter bracing/reinforcement with 1/2" X .065 square tubing and glassed it in. For the money I guess it was OK. I'd like to take a close look at more expensive ones sometime to see if they're worth the extra $$. I also bought a tube axle, front spring and radius rod brackets. Again, I was satisfied. You'll probably also get, at no extra charge, some 10 year old product catalogs with your shipment......anyway, I did!

4. eagle_011

eagle_011
    from NC

Thanks for the info guys! I'm thinking of going with the 23 T body, 20" bed, and fiberglass grill shell. This isn't going to be a wild show car, just a wild ride. And i'm willing to put work into the body so i'm thinking that MAS may be just what i need.

I had heard somewhere else about the old catalogs they send, i've also heard that if you request a catalog and send the $3 you get that same catalog. MAS seems to be a pretty simple company, no website or anything.

Once again, Thanks for the information, it is much appreciated.

5. butch27

butch27

SOME: of their stuff is just Speedway parts. I bought headlight stands and sent them back ( too rough). I also think their axles etc. are Speedway.

6. Not sure about now, but Rich and they guys there previously made all their own axles.

7. Rand Man

Rand Man

Their prices look good. I've heard they have a long lead (shipping) time. Is that true?

8. Lionheart

Lionheart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have been buying parts from them for 40 years, some real good, other shit NOT so good.
    They moved from Mpls to St. Paul and downsized their store quite a few years ago but they must do good enough to stay in business ALL these years.

9. titus

titus

Ive boughten alot of stuff from them also in the past few years, my t-bucket body came from them and i think the t my dad built many years ago came from them too.

mine worked fine for me, like Tman said, cheaper body youll spend a bit more time and money reinforcing it, plus you get to say you got to play with fiborglass.

10. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

I have bought suspension components from them and been happy with them.

11. brandon

brandon

i got a axle from them for my anglia....pretty quick turn around ...i think i had it in a week .....i often wondered who was get their parts from whom ......as i have got hair pins from both .....and they are dead on.......and you gotta dig the early 80's catalog.......brandon

12. nobux

nobux

That's where I got my T body too. Nice guys. I always kinda wished that I had gotten one of Main St.s 27 T roadster pick-up bodys. Anyone have experience with those?

Karl

13. Karl:I have one of Main Street Rod's 27 RPU bodies( made by Charlie Thomas before he sold out to Old Dog Street Rods) and it's not any better/worse than others. It does seem to be thicker & heavier. Old Dog took the molds and reworked the dash & doorhinges ,so I upgraded to those. I bought the upgraded dash from O.D. and they gave me the new doors at no charge!.. However ,be aware there's a lot of work to make a shell-type body w/ doors ,solid enough not to flex. I used a combo of round & square tubing to build an interior frame and bonded it to the body with SEM epoxy. ($$$$!!!).I actually now have more in this body than one of Darrell Zippers RPU bodies,that's ready to paint..So sometimes price isn't everything

14. A Boner

A Boner

As of a few years ago, their 23T body was the cheapest, and the lowest quality I have EVER seen!!!

Don't bother, try ANYONE else!!! :(

15. stan292

stan292

I've never bought anything from MAS, but I sent for their "catalog" in hopes of getting some details about their straight axles. No luck, only another teeny little picture like the one they run in their ads. They don't seem to be trying very hard to convince potential customers that their stuff is worth while.

Anyway, I don't think their straight axles come from Speedway because MAS offers straight axles for Chevy spindles - and Speedway doesn't (Ford spindles only - at least in their catalog). Also, MAS offers them in varying lengths - again, Speedway doesn't.

I've also heard (I believe here on the HAMB) that the MAS folks aren't much for service and follow-up if there are glitches. It was a while back, so things may have gotten better.

Just my two cents.

16. cdmorman

cdmorman
    from Myrtle ms

Is there a website for this company? I ordered some stuff from years ago but don't have any contact for them anymore. Any info would be appreciated.

17. Phil1934

Phil1934

They are out of business