Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hotrodladycruzer for OFFICIAL H.A.M.B. representive.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimC, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Ditto what Ryan said..........Denise YOU ARE THE KOOLEST!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Can't add much to whats been said, haven't met you yet Denise, but you are the best that our hobby has to offer.

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Boy! I just discovered this thread and its already 3+ pages. There are over 3000 regestered on this board and anyone who hasn't met Denise is missing one of the best elements of the HAMB. You CAN'T be around her and be down, she's one of those people who who just makes you feel good. The first time I met her I got a big hug and if I ever see her and don't get one it will be the low point of the day. She is someone who doesn't NEED a title but surely deserves one. The only problem is finding one that will do an adequate job to cover her many talents.
    What ever comes of this idea count me in for a couple of dozen votes, they are well deserved.

Frank

4. beatnik

beatnik

Damn this thread moved fast, there’s not a whole lot I can add to what’s already been said, I was lucky enough to spend the summer running around from show to show with Denise, so I speak from experience when I say, she is a die hard.

I’ve seen her checking the car out, at gas stops.
    I’ve seen her change exhaust manifold gaskets and refuse any help.
    I’ve seen her pull over to help another rodder out.
    I've seen her lend out tools/parts to people who needed them at events.
    I’ve seen her passing trucks on the highway in the middle of a thunderstorm with no top and no wipers.
    She’s never to tired or to busy, to help someone out or talk to someone new.

She’s pretty great, and best of all she’s always smiling, and the fact that she’s always topless and can bake some cookies, doesn’t hurt either.

[​IMG]

5. Spike!

Spike!

I had the honor of meeting Denise this year at the York Nats. Everything said about her is true and maybe then some. its been said here that her enthusiasm is infectious and that is very true. You can't help but smile when youre around her. When problems arose on this board, i stuck by her having only met her once. But once is all it takes to know shes the real deal. Very few people have made such a strong impression on me as she has. VIVA LA HRLC! VIVA LA HAMB!

Spike

6. My favorite photo of Denise having "breakfast" of cookies and ice cream while catching up on my computer....fun, fun!

Attached Files:

7. just steve

just steve
    Member Emeritus

Maybe an unofficial Hambassador position is in order.

Denise has been a joy to know for the last two years, ever since I first called her about maybe selling the Big Olds.

That car and I had a complicated relationship . .. convertible lust, followed by megarust letdown, followed by project denial, followed by grim determination to get it running before the magazine went tits up -- and then some very nice drives in a very large, ruggedly handsome roadster with world-spinning torque. Selling the car was not an easy decision . . . we had a lot of sweat equity into that thing, and after putting a couple thousand miles on it I was just starting to form an attachment to that garage-hogging hunk of sheetmetal. It had grown an attitude.

After she bought it I was concerned for a bit -- she didn't like that bitchin' finned air cleaner. She wanted to paint it purple. She thought about a small-block. I was afraid the car was going to turn into . . . A STREET ROD! Visions of lawn chairs and crybaby dolls swam through my nightmares . . .

Then she started driving it. And driving it. She bought a rain suit. She filled it with passengers and cruised all the events. She did salty donuts. She made a run for the EgoRama. She drag raced it. She's damn near wore the thing out before it was even finished the first time. And for just about every one of those 30,000 topless miles she was smilin', rain or shine.

And I think she's taken a liking to finned aluminum and flat black paint.

In short, Denise is one Kick-Ass Long-Haul Hot Rodder, one with more balls than 99 percent of the guys out there. You do me proud, girl!

Here's to another 30,000 miles of smiles. I'm glad you like the car.

Steve.

8. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

She's from Michigan.

I'm from Texas.

We've met. God does she get around! More engergy than any two guys I know.

When's the next time we're gonna bounce into each other? LSRU?

9. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Oh yea!! Denise get my vote in a heart beat!! Met her at the pile-up and she was just HAPPY [​IMG]. Giving hugs and getting the good folks together, for pics or just to have fun!! As for a name well ???? <font color="red"> </font> HAPPIST HAMBER.
    <font color="black"> </font> Yep , she is the true meaning of hot rodding!

10. hatch

hatch
    from house

My vote is up for sale.....COOKIES!!!!!!!(massive quantities)

[​IMG]

11. Rix2Six

Rix2Six
    from So. Cal.

I haven't been here long, nor have I met HRLC outside of my 'puter, but I learned early on that Denise is a class act as well as about as hard-core a hot rodder I've had the pleasure of knowing. I loved seeing pics of BO all over this summer with it's smiling care free driver. I hope I get the pleasure of meeting up with her someday... especially if she has cookies!

On a side note, I was mailing a check to her for the CD today. My wife saw the letter and asked me who Denise Sheldon was. I replied "my topless cruisin' buddy." The look I got was worth it! [​IMG] I did explain to her who Denise was though. Had to get myself out of the dog house.
    [​IMG]

12. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

13. She knows more of the rest of us than any one else -thats for sure- I just met Denise at Hamb Drags - and I was Impressed!-Yes my friend you are the Rep if you wanna be! [​IMG]

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I wanna shake her hand AND grab her behind one day.
    Who says I don't have ambition?

15. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Gotta love a chick like that from Michigan!

16. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

While I'm against anything official, other than Ryan officially being the boss, I must say that Denise rocks. There doesn't seem that there could be much doubt that she is a great ambassador for the HAMB, and rodding in general.

I hope to make it to the HAMB Drags next year to meet her and maybe get one of these cookies I've been reading so much about!!!

17. quickrod

quickrod

ya know,i've been involved with the HAMB for a little less than a month offically,lurked for a while prior and i gotta say she's one of the first ones to set me straight and welcome me aboard.shit man a chick into cars WITH her own car?how can you not love that.she seems helpful,knowledgableand dependable.as far as an offical title if she wants it,and ryan deams it fitting,she's got my vote under one condition,she's gotta wear a shirt that says"HAMBASSADOR"and it's gotta be YELLOW the brightest fuckin yellow there is. [​IMG]{she knows why}bottom line denise rocks,i'd do er.......quickrod

18. jdubbya

jdubbya

Great post, I'll agree with you all, Denise is way cool! She is the opposite of your average chic, when it comes to hot rodding, and that is what makes her the coolest. [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. moparrodder

moparrodder

Yup, Denise rocks the house!! I met her a little over two years ago on another board and she makes you feel right at home. I finally got to meet her in person when she was driving to Lincoln, Nebraska for Power Tour, we had a deck party for her with some friends that were on that other board. We had a blast ridin in Big Olds all over our small town, when we parked in the front lawn some of the locals turned out and we had a mini car show in our lawn and it was like she knew everyone and made everybody feel like family. She has spent a few nights at our place while bouncing from show to show and she is the best!!! As some have said the weather don't slow her down one bit!! If ya haven't had the pleasure of eating some of her cookies, my gawd your life aint complete!! Denise sure gets my vote thats for sure!!! I count myself lucky to have Denise for a friend!! She's one cool lady [​IMG] Bill

20. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

HRLC RULES, everyone agrees. No doubt about it. I met her at BTT50's and she was telling me about Big Olds and pointing things out, as I thought to myself "holy SHIT!" she knows her stuff and is TOTALLY dedicated to the HAMB.

its unanimous...................................

21. uncleAud

uncleAud

so what you doin New Years day Denise?:)

22. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

Its hard to say anything new here. Denise you are great and if you are running I'll be voting for you. You've helped me feel welcome everywhere I've found you and I hope to enjoy that famous smile in person some day.

I did see you at lunch today. You and the Big Olds are on page 16 of the brand new collector's edition of Rodder's Digest.

23. Leon

Leon

Denise - you've got our vote!
    We met her on Power Tour 2001, she opened up her house to us for Woodward last year and we got to spend time with her at B'ville this year. She gets around and is a joy to be near!
    We love you.

24. When I met Denise at the Hunnert Car Pile Up, she was everything I thought she was and more.

She's warm,sweet,caring,lovable,knowledgable,tough,tireless,and pretty.

She's a total credit to Hotrodding and the H.A.M.B.

25. BELLM

BELLM

When I did my intro Denise was one of the first people to respond with a warm welcome. Denise, any chance you could make it down to Austin, Tx last weekend in March for the Lonestar Roundup? I'm sure the Kontinentals would show you a good time, give a bunch of us who don't venture far from home a chance to meet you. [​IMG]

26. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Yeah, I've only talked to her a couple of times, and while I think she was actually frightened of me, she tried really hard to hide it! [​IMG] SHe seems like a super cool chick, more like one of the guys, only not as bitchy as most of the guys on here! [​IMG]

27. lulabelle

lulabelle

A big YES!!!Thanks for the ride in "BIG OLDS"!It was an honor!2004 huh?Going to york again? [​IMG]

28. About 11pm after the first HAMB drags. We were benchracing in the hotel parking lot. Goodbyes/goodnights were being said. I did my normal hand shake "nice to meet you" When Denise grabbed me and said "I dont do handshakes"!!!! Then gave me a huge hug! All I can say is cool, she is tops.

29. purplepickup

purplepickup

[ QUOTE ]

I'll say this. There are a lot of folks on this board with chests puffed up and egos flaring. It amazes me that prolly the most dedicated pure ass hot rodder is a lady from michigan. I have nothing put the utmost and pure respect for that woman... So sweet and so dedicated and so in love with this hobby. Refreshing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got to agree with Ryan...Denise is one of the most dedicated rodders I know. I think these pics tell a lot about her and how she lives rodding almost every day, all year long.

She drives everywhere in any weather...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is at Bo Huff's. Modernbeat is in the cowboy hat in front.

.......or she's bummin' a ride...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...or modelling a new pair of panties...
    [​IMG]

....or cleaning her K&amp;N filter in the shower...
    [​IMG]

.....or rock climbing on a cruise into the Utah boonies....
    [​IMG]

.....or cooking breakfast for the gang...and her....
    [​IMG]

.....or giving George Barris a hug....
    [​IMG]

BTW, I hosted these pics from another site so it's not using Ryan's bandwidth.

30. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

.....or giving George Barris a hug....

[/ QUOTE ]

...lucky George Barris.

I had the pleasure of enjoying her company twice this summer; once in B'Ville and once at the Pileup. Would have liked to talk to her more. Kinda shy around the girlies... [​IMG] Missed my chance for 'the hug' at the Pileup cause I was 'contagious.' [​IMG]

Can someone whittle her up a cooler hood prop? We should have tossed that in the fire at the bend in the road!

I'll up the ante: Deniese for President.

...and at the HAMB drags, I'll sponsor her a nitrous kit to get that big Olds a-runnin hard.

Thanks for everything!