Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The post-divorce 24 Track/Lakes Roadster Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DirtyWoody28, Mar 8, 2012.

1. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

So since my divorce is finally over with and I have started building cars again, this is what I am modeling my new build after. I fell in love with this car the moment I first saw it.

Attached Files:

2. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

here are some pics of the first mock ups and beginning fab work

3. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

4. ptpdub

ptpdub

totally cool. I am watching with interest.

5. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

I will try to have some more recent pics posted in the next couple days.

6. fleet-master

fleet-master

divorce sucks..... looks like a killer of a project you got there Dirty, real good that your back into your cars.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  7. Matthew

Matthew
    from Burien, WA

8. Never really like these roadster turtle back bodies, but I really dig this! Love the wide 5's and the alloy belly pan thing. Keep up the top work.

9. your object of desire is one of my top 10 T's of all time. go for it! looking forward to the updates!

10. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Thats one of my all time favorites too. If I ever get another early T, I would love to build something like that too. Look forward to seeing this build.

11. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Looking good! I can see from your build pics that the body has a bit of hotrod history. Is anything known about that??

12. Whats the history on that body? Looks pretty neet & I dig those wide 5s

13. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Congratulations on the divorce. :D Single life is good. :cool:

Nice little project, the mockup stage is always the most fun for me. Keep us posted on how it is coming along.

Don

14. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

The body is from a 1960's altered that was found in a barn about 10 miles south of where i live, I have tried to find info on it, but no luck yet. It has been changed so many times over the years, all I know about it is that someone turned the drag car into a street car in the early 70's and gave it the orange paint job and a 327. they also cut the roll bars off and modified a few other things. the 327 was pulled in the late 70s and the car sat in a field until the 90's when it was moved to a barn with a bunch of other cars that the gentleman I bought it off of owned. Its original color was Green and red the chassis and most of the parts have flakes of red still on them. I have no desire to use the chassis due to all of the mods that have been done to it over the years, but the story will remain in the body.

15. Couldnt pick a cooler cor as your model! Was owned by a HAMBer in case you didn't know?