Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Seeking Help in Minnesota. Motorcycle Related. PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackedoutiron, Nov 14, 2011.

1. blackedoutiron

blackedoutiron

I need your guys help. Does anyone know a guy named Dave from the Twin Cities area that is into old choppers? I recently came within days of finding the bike and it sold to this guy Dave. The previous owner would not give me his info.

This bike is my Dads first bike and I confirmed it with the guy that sold it. It is a 59 and it has a maroon frame with a black peanut tank on it, as of last week and the pictures he had on his for sale ad. The bike needed some work.

If anyone can help me with any leads I am happy to pay for a lead that can help me get this bike back.

my name is Jordan and my number 507-696-8473
    my email is [email protected]

Thank you

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <!-- / message -->

2. blackedoutiron

blackedoutiron

Thank you, I have an account over there as well and plan to post, just started here. Was hoping someone might know someone. Not like anyone would buy a 59 Chopped Sportster for their first bike I am guessing.

3. blackedoutiron

blackedoutiron

The last few months has been quite the whirlwind...the good news is I found the bike....was able to buy it back and have spent every free minute this winter rebuilding the motor and mechanical portions of the bike to get it back on the road. I know this is not a motorcycle crowd...but I am sure many of you can associate with that "ONE" find that you would give anything to come across. This was mine. I will put the full story together over at the Jockey Journal if anyone wants to hear the LONG story!

4. Royalscadillacs

Royalscadillacs

cool man, glad you got your dads bike back, I'll be looking for your story on the Jockey Journal

5. atch

atch

me 2

6. william.ali.kay

william.ali.kay
    from Milwaukee

Awsome story. Glad you got your Pops bike back.

7. blackedoutiron

blackedoutiron

Here are a couple of sneek peeks just to show the original version and where the bike is today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will try to get some of this together soon over on the JJ

8. Not all of us hate bikes! Ive got five harleys n when my dad died i knew i had to buy his old one back! Congrats on finding yours !

9. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Glad you were able to track down the old bike. I've had two wheeled vehicles also since I was twelve. Still ride a Road King.