Register now to get rid of these ads!

back seat delete lets see what yall got

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wayne421, Mar 8, 2012.

1. wayne421

wayne421
    BANNED

Im wanting to delete my back seat I'm my fairlane to give it that a/fx super stock look so I wanted to see what everybody else is doing for ideas

2. no pics, I just used black cut-loop carpet in the O/T car. I cut it and stitched it by hand to make it fit kind of...looks OK from outside the car.

3. Judd

Judd

Wayne
    You can just make out the back of my Comet. It has a package shelf with 1" overhang and a flat panel down joined by 1" wood strip and screws. Panels are cardboard with vinyl glued on just like the door and quarter panels. I've removed the carpet covered piece and floor panels less weight.

Attached Files:

4. Craven Moorhead

Craven Moorhead
    from New Berlin

Best pic I can find right now, same materials as the door panels.

Attached Files:

5. wayne421

wayne421
    BANNED

Judd is that a100 seats .and craven nice color scheme the red an silver looks great what is the color of the seat vinal

6. Craven Moorhead

Craven Moorhead
    from New Berlin

Mine are A100 seats, I pulled them out of the 64 Dodge van. The vinyl is the same seats, door panels and rear delete it is a current marine based product. I chose that for the color, durability and period style. Not certain what they called it, my upholstery guy told me all Mopar guys pick the ugliest colors all from the same pallet range. I tried to get it as close to the carpet and headliner as possible and it is close.

7. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Did mine on the Austin by building thin plywood panels and a base. Then covered the back panel with black naugahyde, and base with black wool felt carpetting:
    [​IMG]

This is my OT '71 Camaro that I did in a similar way, but bases are hinged to store small things out of sight:
    [​IMG]

8. wayne421

wayne421
    BANNED

9. wayne421

wayne421
    BANNED

10. Muttley

Muttley

I'll be paying close attention to this thread.

11. C'mon , you must be joking ! Rip it out and chuck it up in the attic. That,s the traditional way !!

12. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I'm not too far along with my Henry J, but I built the floor to follow the frame contour. A previous owner had cut the floor and wheelwells out. I plan to put bedliner coating on it.

Blue

Attached Files:

13. Judd

Judd

Wayne
    Not they came out of a school bus. A friend had like 40 of them and sold them all. They are about 1/3 the weight of the Dodge Omni seats the car came with, smaller and I like the look a lot better. They look like they may be the same as A100 just different pattern on the vinyl.

14. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Here is mine..Pic should enlarge ok...

Attached Files:

15. wayne421

wayne421
    BANNED

16. amphicar

amphicar
    BANNED

I thought this referred to when I broke up with my girlfriend in high school! :)

17. Falconred

Falconred

This is the back of the Dick Brannon '64 Falcon A/FX car:

Attached Files:

18. Falconred

Falconred

The '65 Comet /FX cars had a unique molded rear seat delete panel. No one reproduces these that I know of.

Attached Files: