Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wives and the cost of our hobby

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChefMike, Jan 13, 2012.

1. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

God Bless her, adding her to the prayer list...... my wife also, GREAT, met her at a car show, drove her Nova right in the middle of our Falcon show....the 15th, we will be married 2 years!!!

I asked the same kinda question, a while back......

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233346&highlight=falconwagon62

2. good woman!

3. 1oldschool1 what do you where while she wears the pants at your house ??

4. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Like this....

[​IMG]

5. NuckinFutz

NuckinFutz
    from GA

I'm am a lucky man also. My wife would rather work on and drive old tin than new junk. She has a new car that she uses for work, but on her days off,she drives my parts chasser truck. We have a great system for money management. We both get paid every 2 week, but not the same weeks. Both checks go in the joint account and then they are devided into bill/house money, savings, my account and her account. I spend whatever is in my account of whatever I want and she does the same. In the 8 years we have been married,she has never asked for anything until this past fall. SHe wanted a new house. The drive from this one to her work is getting old. I sold a few of my cars and bought her a new house with the money for our 8th anniversary May 13th. We close on the 20th of April. I'm glad my hoarding cars and parts allowed me to give her this present.

I know 100% if it wasn't for her, I would be dead or in prison. She was/is the balance I needed in my life. She is my better half.

6. eddie1

eddie1

My wife supports my hobby 100% percent. She does not know how much is spent & does not care as long as the mortgage is paid & we eat regularly. I her own words, as long as I am in the garage she knows where I am.

I am also smart enough to listen to what she likes as well. I was looking for a truck we could take to a few rod runs, have some fun with & still run to Home Depot etc when needed. I was looking for a shortbox 61-66 F-100 but she found a 63 Chevy C10 on craigslist. I have a 63 C10 in my garage now.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  7. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

I dont know I am cutoff again for buying car parts and leaving the toliet seat up !!

8. RAVENS29

RAVENS29
    from n/a

see asked me when I was going to stop buying parts for my pru, I told her " when it go's vvrrooom!

9. This reminds me of a recent story...

I had just saved us a shitload of money by doing a timing belt job on our Audi and I was all proud of myself. The water pump was leaking and that means a TB job as well. Being a 2004 A8L and I figured I saved myself at least $2000 in labor. In my glee I posted on facebook proposing the theoredically saved money would be best suited to buy hot rod parts with. Anybody who knows me understands that I almost always never say anything serious. However... apparantly 2 of the people I am "friends" with on facebook turn out to be feminist radicals and they were PISSED with a capital P and proceeded let me know it... saying my wife saves money by watching kids, doing laundry, making meals, cleaning the house etc etc. and I should not be allowed to spend such money if she can't either.

My wife laughed it off... I thought it was funny that the 2 women assumed my wife did all that stuff.

10. A Rodder

A Rodder

My wife is quite pissed we sold our tudor yesterday. I sold it to help finance my home shop.
    And, I sold it to her dad!

I told her later well do a tudor, we still have our 56 nine passenger wagon and my 30 coupe i'm building.

She is well aware that this stuff costs money. It also makes money if your sharp with it.