Register now to get rid of these ads!

So Much I Wanted To Do (Cancer Sucks)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48flthdf1, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Congrats Scot, been following this thread as my Dad passed away from the same thing and I just had prostrate sugery last month as well. All is OK here. Now for you and anyone else reading this - LISTEN UP. If you are 50+ and have NOT had a colonoscopy yet - PLEASE do. I had one when I turned 50 and they found a mass and removed it in time. There are no symptoms with colon cancer untill its too late!! I would not be here right now if I had not gone. Everyone - please get checked as it could save your life. It did mine.

2. clockwork31

clockwork31

We know you're a badass man cause you have beaten the hell out of this shit! Congrat bro.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  3. congrats! I just hit the 5 year mark last December.

4. God bless ya! Great news to read, it will help fuel my day!

5. Congratulations Scot!
    Your on your way to a long life. I had Prostate Cancer at 58 that was 11 years ago, had the prostate removed, PSA has been .01 and hopefully it will stay there! Recovery was a BITCH!!! I was sore a good 6 months, Doc told my prostate was hooked onto my colon so he had to do extra cutting inside and not cut into the colon, the cancer hadn't gotten out of the capsule (prostate) so we were really happy about that, but doc still removed tissue all around the prostate area and also removed lymph nodes in that area. I had the cath in me for three weeks......drove me crazy! Eight months after surgery I was 300 miles from home doing light work up on our property near Yosemite when I started having problems, I had to take a leak every 10-15 min, lots of pain in my bladder, NOW WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING???? I called my doc and he told me to come right in, DOC I'm 300 miles away!! GET IN HERE NOW! HOLY SHIT WHAT HAVE I DONE?? Scar tissue was closing off my urethra where they reattached it to my bladder. This happened twice after surgery, first time doc fixed it in his office, the pain was the worst ever! next time I went back in for surgery to repair, all is good after that.GOOD LUCK! OH.....one more thing, my doc told me my two sons could have prostate cancer at a younger age than when he found mine. Something else to worry about!!! GOOD LUCK Scott......and TAKE IT EASY FOR A WHILE. cw.

6. jesse1980

jesse1980

7. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great news. Don't get complacent: make sure you get your levels checked frequently.

8. Willy301

Willy301

Cancer is probably one of the only things that we can't fix with duct tape or JB Weld, so we have to kick its ass with attitude... I think we have plenty of that! Congrats on the news!

9. Keep on truckin' buddy...

Remember to develop your faith in Christ. You don't ever know when your gonna need it....

10. kisam

kisam

Congrats! That brought tears to my eyes, so very happy for you and your family!

11. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Thats great news, I'm glad to hear you will be turning wrenches for a long time to come.
    GodSpeed
    MrC.

12. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

is there power in prayer? I think so,, even when you pray for a badass,,:D:p

13. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Congrats man! Live life fully and enjoy every day!

14. Scott

Scott

Congratulations!! Make sure you keep getting checkups regularly, now get to work

15. bamabucket

bamabucket

Just saw this thread today - congrats on beating the Big C! I went back through the posts and saw a number of them that were similar to my experience. I beat prostate cancer that was detected early with robotic surgery. One of the common themes is get regular screening for prostate and colon cancer - they can be successfully treated if detected early. My prostate had enlarged over the last few years and had started to cause me a lot of discomfort, but my PSA stayed steady. As soon as it rose quickly, I had a biopsy that was positive and decided on the surgical option. I carefully researched the three options; 1.watchful waiting - not recommended unless you are old enough that something else will probably get you first, 2. radiation, and 3. surgery. I am glad I opted for surgery because it also got rid of the very large prostate and now I can pee like I was 16 again. We are lucky to live in a time when there are some effective treatments for some cancers and I hope the day comes when all types can be whipped.

16. jazz1

jazz1

Of my many friends who have had cancer they have all survived. Be positive and be proactive!
    Have a good day!

17. hallrods

hallrods

I'm glad to read you made it. I had throat cancer in 2008 it's amazing a guy thinks he's pretty tough until some little doctor kicks your ass.

18. Bounder

Bounder

First 48flthdf1 great news. Bamabucket sounds like we played the same scene with that damn cancer.
    Always hate to let anyone in my cancer club but can't wait to welcome you into my survivors club.

19. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

Good news, glad things are looking up for you. Enjoy the spring!

20. Grateful you've received heeling this side of Heavensville Effie man! Still praying for the others on here walking thru the valley, God Speed you'all!!

21. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Whew!! A little reality check for sure Scott.

Glad to hear you're a cancer survivor. The only guys that have a PSA of zero are those
    that have had prostate cancer treatment.

Love ya man.

22. rld14

rld14

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

That's awesome news man! Now do what I do, make it a point to enjoy life. And trust me, watch sugar and DON'T EVER TOUCH HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP!

Stay healthy and have fun. You made my day!

23. Fantastic news Scot!! Very happy to hear, and a big relief to you and your family for sure. :D

24. On that note.... I'm gonna have a cold one for ya'

25. Live life and be thankful for every day. That goes for the rest of you guys too.

26. MISCONSTUDE

MISCONSTUDE

Congrats Scott, it's amazing the friends we all have here on this board, many of whom we will probably never meet. Never underestimate the power of a bunch of friends praying for you! Now git back to work on those projects!

27. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's great news and I'm happy for you.

Going on 2-years since I ended radiation for my throat cancer and I also recently received a clean bill of health......for now, at least. Live & enjoy each day at a time.

28. Butch M

Butch M

Great news........