Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Flatz?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gromit, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Gromit

Gromit

So I THINK I found the paint I want on my Fairlane:

Hot Rod Flatz Daytona Blue pearl

http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/HRF271.aspx

Has anyone used this or seen the Flatz pearls? It appears to me to be a semigloss with a hint of pearl.. exactly what would make the car pop.

Any info would be appreciated.

2. luckyuhaul

luckyuhaul

Looks like it's popping now!

3. Gromit

Gromit

Yeah but adjusting the timing helped stop that.

4. Gromit

Gromit

Well through the power of the search function.. seems i should just forget about it. I have a good paint guy willing to do the work, but from the threads i read it seems the stuff is not exactly good. I saw a job he did using the Hotrod Black and it looked killer, but maybe the pearl semi glosses aren't all they are cracked up to be.

5. 77powerwagon

77powerwagon

my buddy did his Harley with it and it sits outside all the time (winter too) and still looks great it all comes down to prep and a decent painter

6. jazz1

jazz1

I have posted plenty about HRF on a couple threads,,,If I were wanting to paint a whole vehicle with a flat pearl paint I would go to my local paint shop and have a bucket custom mixed using a quality paint. I am not sure what the daytona blue looks like because their colour chips are not so accurate..The body of my truck in my avatar is passion purple pearl and it looks absolutely nothing like the colour chip

7. I painted my mod with the midnight green pearl. It was hard for me to get the gloss even. I ended up clearing it to get it all the same which worked but.the pearl went away and showed the metalic that was in it. Not what I was expecting but I like it.

8. 52carsontop

52carsontop
    from East TN

Just had my 52 chevy painted with the copper pearl flatz and it looks pretty good. It took about a gallon and half for everything that I needed to paint. About three coats on it. The copper is a little darker than I would like but brightens up when you get it in the sun. Just make sure to shake it well have filters it 2 times! Mine had small particles of pearl? maybe floating in it. That's even after being shaken for 30 minutes!