Register now to get rid of these ads!

54 ford guys i need help motor mounts...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 49Chevysled, Mar 6, 2012.

1. 49Chevysled

49Chevysled

im putting a 302 out off a 72 maverick in my 54 ford victoria im trying to find sum motor mounts that would bolt in . i heard that the ones from an 84 mustang fit but jus bought sum sum and the part that bolt on to the crossmember dont match. the convertible mustang and the coupe had difrent mounts i got the convert. might the coupe mount be the right ones? or if ya know any conversion cheap kits ?

2. 49Chevysled

49Chevysled

and if u have pics would help alot thnx. and the part number from those mustang mount i got are 2725 and 2726

3. 49Chevysled

49Chevysled

kool maybe u can let me check it out sometime . i think i firured out those mustang mount. but wat are u doing with ur steering ? stock or power?

4. Rebuilt stock steering box....running bias plys, so steering effort shouldn't be that hard.

Stop by anytime. (bring that 49 Chevy....I'd love to see it)

I'm currently fighting with my ignition system, but I think I've traced it to a bad coil.

Don

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  5. austinhunt

austinhunt

1. Early style ford, bolt through, from so-cal. Buy the frame mount from them too.
    2. Sock style from speedway, looks like a flat plate for bicuit pad.
    3. Make your own (cheaper) as lond as they clear your starter, headers, and steering.

3/16x2x2 looks ugly but works, 1/4 flat plate with some style will look better.