Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good seller alert

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falcongeorge, Mar 5, 2012.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

A while back, HAMBer, 32bowtie posted a thread about parting out a '57 Ford. I wanted a '57 Ford steering wheel for a project I am starting on, so I responded and sent him a pm. He came back with a good description, photos, and an asking price that I thought was very fair, so we made a deal. The deal did not go smoothly, not my fault or 32bowtie, US post dropped the ball, thats the way it goes sometimes. Throughout it all he was totally polite, patient, and kept me up to date with emails, and responded quickly every time I emailed him. Its not the deals that go smoothly that show someones character, its how they act when things go sideways that really says alot about them, and he was a class act right through to the end.
    I got my steering wheel today, and it was EXACTLY as he described it. I would do business with him again in a heartbeat. Two thumbs up.

2. Willy301

Willy301

Glad to hear good outcomes! Seems like we only hear the bad stuff on here.

3. metal man

metal man

Good to hear. We hear a lot more bad than good for some reason.

4. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Man, nice to hear about the good out come for a change. Thing is, the ratio is likely 98% good 2% bad. Need to throw in my two cents now. Had a GOOD transaction with "japar" last week on here.

5. That's good to hear , All too often we only hear about deals that have gone wrong I myself have purchased many parts here off the classifieds and have never (knock wood) had the slightest problem with anyone.. Well there was the one guy who wanted to charge me for packaging but that's another story ....

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Well I figure if you are someone who is gonna bitch when it goes bad, then you better say something when it goes good too. Seems fair.

7. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I'll join in.
    Bought some Houdaille shocks from Brandon a couple years ago. Perfect transaction!
    Had 296V8 sell me a dropped Ford axle. Absolutely beautiful!
    Bought something from Sgtlethargic (oil pan rails)? All good!
    Sold some reversed rims to a new guy here - sorry forgot name- Excellent sale!

I'm sure there's more.............

8. 5window

5window

Great to hear, good to know. But isn't it a sad commentary on us when we feel we have to even mention someone who did the right thing?

9. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Thats great...

10. Oh no not another one of them someone didn't rip me off threads. George you are such a drama queen. :D:D

There is a fella up in BC, I think Pistinbroke is his name that I bought an axle from a few years back. It took forever for the axle to get here, like a month. it went to Pheonix forst then back to Canada etc. He paid shipping on it twice. It got here in perfect shape (NOS), he never even skipped a beat, took it all in stride and was totally honest about the whole ordeal with me.

A lotta good fellas on here and it is damned good of you to point that out my friend. :cool:

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Well, I'll tell you what happened, its pretty funny actually. I sent him a M/O about a week before I left for Vietnam, and told him when I got back, I would send him a PM and he could ship the wheel then. So I am 3000 miles away when this all went down.
    He pm's me after about two weeks, no money order. I told him it often takes longer than that when I send stuff to the US, if theres still nothing after 3 weeks, THEN I would start to worry. Three weeks later, still no M/O. A month, still no M/O. We are keeping in touch by email the whole time. So I tell him, "well, I guess its lost, when I get back, I'll cancel it, and send you a new M/O.
    So almost a month and a half after all this started, I get home from Vietnam, and theres an envelope from a medical clinic in the same town he is in. The clinic has the same number address, but on a different street. In the envelope is my money order, endorsed on the back to some medical supply company, & a letter apologizing profusely. My M/O had been sent to them in error, they then sent it on to thier accounts recievable dept. who had endorsed it before they finally realized it didnt belong to them! At least they returned it to me! So, a month and a half later, Chuck FINALLY got his M/O, and I got my steering wheel.

12. putz

putz
    from wisc.

Refreshing to read in todays world !

13. Koz

Koz

I've done well over a hundred deals here and I've only had two bad experiences. One where the guy went to jail for non support to his Ex before he could ship the stuff. Even though he got banned because of a bunch of other people bitching he took care of the problem as soon as he got out and has my respect, (Moonman). The other just screwed me and he knows who he is!

The HAMB is a great place to exchange resources! Lots of integrety here.

14. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Good deal, pleased to hear & be part of the H.A.M.B.
    B.B.
    I just bought a set of skirts & the guy sent them to me first to see if they fit ....they do.
    (SKIRTS ON THE GALAXIE)(sic)
    PACKARDBLUE is his name, good man.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  15. aeropaw

aeropaw
    from McDonald

Pistinbroke is out of Montgomery Il. His car club is the Hambers and dollies, couldn't find a better person to do business with in the world!