Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest How is that even possible? Dynamat Donut.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, Mar 4, 2012.

1. S.F.

S.F.

save the tent people!

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soxtQ2tMTf4

We all do stupid shit. Those of us with any sense learn from our mistakes.

If the funny looking roadster had run over someone, how many of us would be here this morning talking about how cool those donuts were?

Right time, right place.

JH

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I wish I had a car that would do a burn out. :(

4. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

that should have put an end to all the stupidity when it comes to burnouts/doughnuts and folks standing close by.

Too bad folks dont learn from others mistakes.

5. Damn maybe I need to change my handle!!!! NOT
    Burn Out Bob

6. Tent People do it in the dirt...

7. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

So when do I get my t-shirt?? LOL

8. Fenders

Fenders

Ryan: " At the end of it all, I'm left with only questions. Not so much about right and wrong. Folks should answer that for themselves. "

Here are the answers:

Les was having fun, no one got hurt, so it's RIGHT.
    Les was a jerk, people could have been hurt or worse, so it's WRONG.

Answer it for ourselves? There is no objective truth? Do anything you want and if no one gets hurt it's OK?

Gimme a break.

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I wouldn't dare answer for you... And I won't shit on you simply because of your opinion either. Who am I to judge? Who are you for the matter? And who really cares?

I think that's the point and the reason why this thread is pretty entertaining.

10. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

I will paypal Bob Bleed $20 for gas money to go do donuts in or around the Smithsonian. As long as Evel gets it on video.

Who's with me?

11. S.F.

S.F.

I like donuts. they are always bad for your health.

12. bb on da roof

13. slammed

slammed

I throw down a twenty. And a round of GLAZED donuts for Ed whose Special!

14. I say HURRAY FOR DONUTS

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Right time, right place? What about the crowd deaths that have occured at race and or drag strips? Not to down play tragedies, but unfortunatly sometimes shit DOES happen and sometimes it doesn't. Should burn outs be outlawed forever, where ever?

Most of us here drive vehicles that we built ourselves and on the first drive we HOPE we didn't forget something. How many took a first drive on a closed track with a Safety Safari truck standing by? Just how safe is safe? Do we regulate ourselves to the point we build cars and then prop 'em in the garage to only look at? Do we add 35 MPH bumpers and full roll cages? Pad the inside with 2' of foam and air bags?

While what this guy did was not a good idea, just what the hell is? There is no totally SAFE place, car or person. If a hot rodder is going to regulate himself to only do stuff that is safe, then he needs to lock his keys away and take up stamp collecting. But wait, that glue may be toxic.

People can't live thier lives like a scene from "Final Destination". What if, what if. :rolleyes:

16. zep058

zep058

$20 pledged for donuts by Bleed at the smithsonian.

17. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Im actually laughing my ass off. Thats funny.

18. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

It seemed like pretty dumb stunt to me, particularly after he almost nailed the concrete pillar. A big, open space with no people around would have been a more appropriate place than a roof top parking structure, but then, I don't have as much money or ego...

19. Doesn't matter when the cop with the airbags and 5mph bumpers hits your T bucket anyway!?:rolleyes::D:( Does it? I see your fatalistic stance.

And the boss had an event 15? years ago that many of us applaud at an NSRA event but I see it as different times, different venues. I don't see it as hypocracy, just holding the magnifying glass on two completely different situations.

20. BCR

BCR

This thread is similar to the one where the biker layed his bike down while riding a wheelie at the show in New York.

Oh yea, the "Funny looking roadster" comment cracks me up.

21. I wonder if that qualifies him for donut derelicts membership?

22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

And this is relative to the topic, how? It's a fatalistic stance to not live like death is waiting around every corner?

23. I guess "Stupid" as well as "Cool" are in the eye of the beholder.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  24. I read plenty of the comments here before viewing the video clip. I have done my share of donuts and I gotta say ... (based on the video clip) the driver was definitely NOT in control of that car. I seriously question the "no alcohol involved" comment.

I do understand the need to state "no alcohol involved" for damage control reasons ... but that video clearly suggests otherwise.

25. You read me wrong, I agreed with you while showing my sliding scale of ethics based on time, situation and person!:D:eek::p

26. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Hat's off...'cause he don't give a shit." Yes...very honorable.

"Hot rods are dangerous, fellas...not sweet...cinematic...entertaining." Unless loved ones are too close by. Then the point of view changes.

"What about races?...hypocrites." People that go to races know they're assuming a risk. Nobody at this venue was asked if they minded being put at risk.

Go ahead and jeopardize your own welfare...not other's. This guy gave no thought to anything or anybody but himself at that moment.

Ya know...this idea that a tough/badass car makes the owner tough/badass is funny. It's all trappings, that's all. You wanna be tough?...be responsible, diligent, respectful, considerate, selfless, caring, helpful, giving, etc. etc...now you're tough. But that's too "sweet" for some.

27. I'd compare that to those folks who hang out next to a WRCAor Baja course. It's sad that they lose their lives, but, "if you lay down with dogs, you're bound to get fleas". By that I mean that there's a difference between participants, and victims. If you feel that you are in danger in an area, leave. If you are willing to risk your well being in exchange for the show, then by all means hang out, but, accept the risk.

28. You just beat me to the punch.

Well put. It's a different deal when someone goes to watch a show. They have (or should have) made the conscious decision to accept the risks presented by being near dangerous equipment. It's a whole different deal if someone comes in to an area, and starts endangering people who haven't signed up to be part of the deal.

As for the rest of your post, you are certainly a well thought person. Not many left these days.

29. Nuckin Futs but Kool as hell . Hoooyah ..... Get Some.