Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. 63401nailhead

63401nailhead
    from DE

Ford wagon in the woods behind my house...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. amphicar

amphicar
    BANNED

Thanks! Truely a dream-car come true for me. It is a truely solid rust free Colorado car. Only bodywork we did was a credit card size patch at the bottom of the left fender. We painted it wit Wimbledon white sealer for now to hide the scratches and just to clean it up. One day it'll get a better finish on it. I felt like a 5 yr old at Christmas looking at a brand new bike!

I did a thread on my Skyliner build at the AACA forum site. I am (as usual) starting off going the restoration route, but end up veering off into Custome-land! I have a 64 Ford 3x2 setup that needs an air cleaner for her. For now she's a fun cruiser that gets loved at least every week.

I am flattered! I really have had many good things happen in my life with the help of those 3 words and a little confidence.... "you never know"

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  3. scotts52

scotts52

In all seriousness, how badly rusted is this? I need some things off a wagon like that.For instance, the dog leg area of the back door both and the corresponding wheel well area as well as the spare tire holder(floor area). PM me if anything can be salvaged to save mine.

4. 2.40 lamb

2.40 lamb
    from Phoenix Az

Found up in Jerome, Az Same old story.

Attached Files:

5. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

[​IMG]

I love Corbits, I have dreamed about finding a 1935 Corbit with the 1934 Auburn body to make into a 1/2 ton pick up, it would be so sleek and gorgeous even unmodified.

6. Kustom292

Kustom292
    from Winnipeg

The place is Reichert's Auto
    Minerva Rd and Hwy 8 Gimili MB
    642-7778

7. Thumper

Thumper

Fuck me.......:eek:. a gen-u-ine mid 70's Harley XS 250 dirt bike.....damnnnn:D

[​IMG]

8. Wildcycles

Wildcycles

Here's one thats melting into the ground near where I live... Same old story... Not interested in selling it, but doing nothing to help preserve it either... It may look decent in the photo, but floors are gone and bottom edges and firewall have some old fiberglas repairs showing... I will keep asking, as they don't seem to mind my stopping by, but don't think it will ever happen...

[​IMG]

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  9. 63401nailhead

63401nailhead
    from DE

It's BAD. I've already gone through and the only thing salvagable are the trim and the grill. The trim is all dinged up though. I might cut the grill out.

10. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

11. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a willys sitting out like that. Where is it? huh huh huh where is it? I'll help it i promise:D

12. gilles d

gilles d
    from winnipeg

thanks.

13. 29pu

29pu

Not knowing willys every well but is that another one sitting along the bank behind the pick up?

14. C/Gas55

C/Gas55

Take a good look at those pix. It's a Willys nose on something else. Body is not a Willys coupe.

15. careyohio

careyohio

Looks like a fiberglass Willys front end sitting on another make coupe body.

16. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

And isn't that a Henry J just to the right of the "Willys"?

17. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Don't give up I got my 36 after asking about ti like 100 times over 15 years.

18. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Looks like a 46-ish Ford coupe.

19. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Okay,
    I feel better now. Looking at it more i can see a rear window. I also thought that looked like the rear of a Henry J.

20. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

That looks like a Henry J to me.

21. indybail

indybail

I'm thinking Henry J too.

22. pie pie

pie pie
    from missouri

Sitting in a field not for sale

Attached Files:

23. Gromit

Gromit

24. These cars are sitting right along US 101 about 100 miles north of San Francisco, I could use a few trim parts on the 59. ..... bring a chainsaw!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. I was driving 101 thru Hopland all the time when they did that 20 years ago or so. The Caddy and 59 Chevy pissed me off and still do. The trees were planted in the cars on purpose. Dumb asses if you ask me.

26. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

But I thought everyone on the HAMB was infallible? ;) I was just being cute though, I hope I didn't offend.

Was that some sort of art thing?

27. now how could you be offensive with THAT avatar???

28. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Raisin fans might be offended by it. ;)

29. .... tree huggers! It all part of a "sustainable energy" get away for the bay area PC folks.

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  30. I even stopped and talked to them when they did that. I asked them wouldn't it be more "green" to restore them than let them rot into the ground leaching toxins into their ground. The told me that the motors and transmissions had been removed. I laughed at them and said how about the gas tanks,rear ends, tires, etc... Then asked isn't the first part of the "green" mantra reuse. Those cars could have helped others live. LOL sorry for the rant but greenies piss me off, they just don't get it. On a side note about that place though they have a really wierd bathroom, have you ever stopped?

MyCrustyVW likes this.