Register now to get rid of these ads!

Headliner help please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cp sizemore, Mar 5, 2012.

1. cp sizemore

cp sizemore

Needing some advice on prepping & installing a headliner in my '50 ht.i'v removed old original cloth one.questions;what in your experience should i do toget the prepping of the inside roof surface right?what sound/insulation?cloth or vinyl?or any other advice would help.thanks in advance!

2. stichbitch

stichbitch

I don't suggest to use insulation. If the adhesive ever decides to let go you get a lumpy headliner. I myself usually prefer vinyl. I guess it depends on the look your going for.

3. 30over200

30over200

Does it have a back board or loops?

4. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Pay a pro to fit it [ that part is cheap! ]

5. stichbitch

stichbitch

I talk to people now and again at shows who want to take on their own headliner. What I usually tell them is I will order it for you (I know it's well made then). Then hang it in the car and try to get it centered. Normally by then they know whether or not they fell confident enough to go forward and start stapling. More times the not I get the job. But if you are patient and take your time most usually do fine.

The hardest part about the headliner for your car is slipping the chrome bows onto the headliner. Being that this headliner staples all the way around I would say it is great for a beginner.

Are the chrome bows in nice shape? I love them on a headliner!

6. theylive

theylive

7. theylive

theylive

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012