Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods my weekend purchase! 2 owner 1936 Dodge Pickup.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trailer-Ed, Mar 4, 2012.

1. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Well, I sold my 41 Ford pickup, was too street roddy for me, and just too clean and nice for a shop truck. So with money burning a hole in my pocket I was on the hunt for a "Barn Find" truck for a new shop truck. I wanted something pre 56 and with good patina and most of all solid and complete. Well friday morning I was chatting with a friend and this little truck popped up in conversation, and may be for sale? well I contacted the owner, who was the second owner and went to look. Well a deal was struck. I got it for a fair price, I did not steal it, but could make a few $'s if needed. Truck has 50,000 actual miles, no rust, all original paint, a FRESH flathead 6 bored .040, fresh crank etc, everything works radiator was cleaned and tested, all new brakes etc, all about 2 yrs ago, only driven about 500 miles since. Needs a tune up etc, but I drove it the 15 miles home with no issues at all. Plans call for smaller front tires, convert to 12 volt, add a pertronix and a good hot coil, add an alternator, turn signals and put in a higher geared rear end possibly from a Ford Ranger. It has 4.10 gears now and 55-60 mph she is winding out so I plan for about a 3.38 ranger reaend, then she should be highway friendly. Body will stay as-is!! watcha all think??

Attached Files:

2. I like it just the way it is, very nice!

3. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

a few more. This truck never left Jefferson City.

Attached Files:

4. argand

argand
    from New Jersey

Excellent ! Nicer looking than a Ford and I like Fords. Just don't chop it.

5. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

Nice find , great truck!

6. wow!! nice score man!

7. choptruck

choptruck

Wow, I been working in Jeff City for two weeks and haven't seen a pre 64 car. I was starting to thing nothing was here! Great truck, I have always loved that grill.

8. im gonna kick my friends ass for not finding it sooner so I could have been the 3rd owner. Nice truck.

9. Babyearl

Babyearl

Well it looks like I was too late,, is that color envy green?

10. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

shweeet find , will be one fun parts chaser

11. nice bought a 36 4 door in SF in a basement same collor 56000 mi
    they were going to do brakes and could not get ehe drums off
    21 years ago $600.00

12. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Lots of hot rods in and near Jeff City, just the wrong time of year to see them. I had been driving my 41 pickup nearly everyday the past few weeks, suprised you didn't see it. I'm more of a Ford guy but this little truck was just too cool to leave behind!

13. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Great, take care of it and you can drive it forever. Better front brakes ie disc may be a good option if you will be driving it everyday.

14. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

WOW! That great grill is now worth twice what the truck cost new in '36. Don't ask me how I know. I search 9 years for the grill in my '36 Humpback. Perfect shop truck, congrats.

15. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Great find. Even better shape then my 47. (see my photo album) Don't know what you had to give, but it was well worth it. Keep it as is. Since the engine has been gone through, maybe ,split exhaust, dual carbs and cam and drive the hell out of it. Good luck to ya.

16. You did good!!!!

17. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Sweeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttt !!!

18. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Oh, I also got the original owners manual, title, pictures of t from the thities/ fourties , the original lein papers etc. lots of cool history.

19. Roadsir

Roadsir

Thats a nice little truck. It won't take much to make a nice little driver

20. scramble96

scramble96

Awesome Truck!!

21. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

Very nice truck! Hard to find in that condition, although you wouldn't know it from looking on the HAMB. Between your truck and Mike Hamel's I'm pretty jealous, my '37 is pretty used up. Amazing that it was a work truck and still is in that great of shape, the fenders aren't even cracked at the tops of the wheelwells!

Awesome find, good luck with the work you've got planned. I'll second the improved brakes in the front if its going to be a regular driver. It does have hydraulic brakes, but they're a little lacking by today's standards.

22. sweet little truck !

23. elitecustombody

elitecustombody

Great score! Wish my 36 was that complete. Just bought 37 PT50 and 38 RC to keep it company. They're still out there.

24. Man that thing is nice!!! It's yours to do want you want but I wouldn't do alot to it.I have a 36 dodge coupe and drove it stock for awhile,then I hot rodded it,kinda miss the way it was some times.

25. hotrodtodd1960

hotrodtodd1960

Nice score Rusty !!

26. mike hamel

mike hamel

Wow what a great find! I don't know if you saw the thread of the all original 1936 dodge 1/2 ton with optional 20" accessory wheels that I found about 6 months ago or so. I'll post a couple of pictures. That's great and I have the same story! I am the second owner, I bought it from the original family who purchased my truck new in 1936. They drove it till 1949 and parked it and I found it and brought it back to life. Everything is original on my truck. I hope you don't change too much stuff. They make new rear end ring and pinion gears so you can change the ratio. That truck is a just like my original barn find and hopefully that is how it will remain. Anyways fantastic find! Can't believe somebody found one similar condition as mine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Nice find, I'm jealous. I couldn't be so lucky

28. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

wow ....great find... cool truck..

29. I would leave the taller wheels. Better gas mileage and the way things are going your going to need the beat gas mileage that you can get.

30. tunram2quad

tunram2quad

cool truck,enjoy it:D