Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roading to Viva Las Vegas 15!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51MercSuicide, Jan 2, 2012.

1. 51MercSuicide

51MercSuicide
    from Kansas

Here we go boys, here we go!!! My boys and I have started planning our pilgramage to Viva15. The BIG difference this year is that I'm driving my 1930 Model A coupe from Wichita, Kansas to Las Vegas for the show.

Seeing that my boy Frankie is leaving Mob Town by big jet plane and arriving in Las Vegas on Wenesday or Thursday I'll be pulling out of Wichita sometime on the second of April. I'm not gong to push it to hard, but I'm also not looking to spend a ton of time at the truck stops looking for lizards.

So, my reason for the posting is three fold; 1) to see if anyone else wants to hook up along the way and come along for the trip, 2) to start getting some "shop" contacts along the route in case I get into trouble, and 3) have a place to let my crew check in on me, and see the progress of preping the car and the trip ittself is going!!! ---Ray Gun---

VEGAS OR BUSTED!!!

2. axle

axle
    from Drag City

There are guys driving out from all over the U.S. The Lonely Knights Car Club will be driving out from Colorado Springs, Denver, and Gunnison Colorado. You might be able to meet them in their neck of the woods then caravan with them the rest of the way? Johnnie?

3. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

We've got a few on this thread...I plan to head out from east Tennessee on March 31 driving this...

[​IMG]

4. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

Assuming I finish up in time, and I should be able to, I will be coming from New Orleans.

5. A bunch of us are caravaning down from Montreal,Canada with our rides. My '56 Cad, two chopped '51 Hudsons and a Model A sedan. We'll probably head towards hwy 40.

6. 51MercSuicide

51MercSuicide
    from Kansas

Anyone know some must stop locations along I-40 from Oklahoma City heading west. I was in Amarillo this fall and missed the Cad Ranch because of weather, so that's already on the list, as is the Route 66 museum. Thanks in advance for any hot spots!

7. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

8. osidebarrel

osidebarrel
    from San Diego

HTML:
    Here is our thread from last year, and we are doing it again this year.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=581231
    Tinman your thread last year was great. Seein' the car in Vegas had a whole different feel after watching the updates of your journey.

9. 51MercSuicide

51MercSuicide
    from Kansas

After busting my ass to put some new shit on my car I just got nailed with an issue with the law... Looks like I'm gonna be in a plane after all and enjoy the show as a spectator again this year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though and maybe I'll luck out?!?

10. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB