Register now to get rid of these ads!

lookin for pics of cackelfest push car from 2004

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57ford/60thunderbird, Mar 2, 2012.

1. hey all i need some help afriend of mine just bought a 59 ford wagon that was used as apush car for a cackle car the wagon is red and white and at the moment its lettered up as FOSTERS slingshots as in Pat foster(R.I.P)

there is a decal in the wagons rear window from the u.s. nationals in 2004

he would love to find a pic of his new wagon pushing the dragster but any pics would do even if it just shows parts of the wagon or it in the background

thanks for any help

2. here is apic of how it looked awhile ago it doesnt have the mags on it now

this pic was taken at bowling green in 2005

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  3. Da Injun

Da Injun

I know Dave Anglin has a few photos of that car....goes by the name "stuff" here on the HAMB. You might already know him since he lives up in Fairfield.....drives that primered Morris Minor. I'll go through my photos because I know I did take a picture of that car before it was lettered up like that.

4. thanks i know the morris minor but i dont personnelly know him

5. just a morning bumper

6. Da Injun

Da Injun

I talked to him yesterday...he does have photos of the car. I'll get on him to make sure he scans them. I should have photos of this car as well. Wasn't it lettered up in NHRA Safety Safari motif? If I do find them, I'll let you know.

7. as far as i know it was only lettered up as fosters slingshots (says thanks shaw signs on its tailgate) im thinking shaw signs might be some realative of hamber justin shaw but im not certain

sorry i meant joshua shaw not justin

my friend bought the car from dannys hotrod shop

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  8. Tank

Tank

Shaw signs, as in JOSHUA SHAW here on the HAMB, and his dad Dan Shaw. Hit Josh up, He'll fill you in. I remember that wagon.

9. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I don't have any pics but I can give you a little history on the wagon.. I bought the wagon in Greenville,Oh about 2001.. It already had the 302, AOD installed but sat outside for quite a few years before I found it.. Got it running and the trans to shift right, clean it up and put a little yellow flashing light on top since there already was a hole there.. Had Texaco decals on the doors and sold it to a guy whose last name was Coldiron in Cinn.. He than had it lettered up like the HOT ROD safety car from the 50's and used it as a push car at the Hot Rod reunion.. It even had brand new chrome bumpers on it when I bought it.. I hope he enjoys it......

10. scrap metal your describing a different car then the one my friend just bought it doesnt have a light on the roof its almost all original paint his has the original 292 y-blockand the stock trans init and it doesnt have rechromed bumpers on it

my friend just joined the hamb earlier today im sure he will respond on here

11. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

My apologies.. When you said push car and it being a 1959 red and white wagon and by Cincinnati, I just assumed.. I'm sorry......

12. scrap metal , no need for sorrys its cool thanks for tryin to help

13. metal man

metal man

Pretty sure Coldiron had two wagons that were very similar. First one the fake safety safari car, and then later the Fosters car. It's been a few years,but that's how I remember it.

14. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Metal Man is right... There were Two wagons, BOTH owned by Doug Coldiron. I did the Safety safary wagon, and My dad (Shaw Signs) did the Foster wagon. Doug then sold it to Danny Mink of DANNY'S HOT ROD SHOP. I saw the FOSTER car there in DANNY's collection 6 months ago. Guess it's back in Cincy now! ha ha.

Joshua Shaw

15. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

could only find a pic of the Safary wagon in my Lap Top.

Attached Files:

• 9325.jpg
      9325.jpg
      File size:
      180.5 KB
      Views: