Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What was your favorite full fendered, A RPU?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Aug 15, 2011.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yea, I know. There a whole hell of a LOT of stuff that just got "traditional" in the last ten years. But YOU knew that, didnt you? :D

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

That car is actually a T on Model A fenders.

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nah, I think he's refering to Dave Dias' '29 with '30 or '31 fenders and a short bed on wide fives that hit the mags in the late fifties with a Caddy. Oh, the body was slid back a few inches too. It was restored some time in the nineties and hit Rod&Custom about '95 or so.

4. RDR

RDR

a bit over the top...but always loved it from day one...

Attached Files:

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Could be, I was guessing he was thinking of Mike Hemus' '27 on '31 fenders (its full fendered and at least PART Model A), it had a 6x2 cad in it, made Hot Rod in '62 IIRC. I will dig it out and post it tomorrow night. Made R&C in the late sixties, by that time it had Buick wires on it.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

There were some particular features of the Ala Kart I really like, the textured aluminum dash with the late fifties Corvette gauges for instance, and the chromed '40 ford master cylinders. The '57 Ford steering wheel as well, although that was such a popular wheel in so many late fifties rods, its not particular to the Ala Kart. And the injected Dodge red ram of course...

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Heres another REALLY cool shot of Bob Lopez car. Thats it in front of the red t-bucket. I really like this candid street shot, it really shows you how the car actually looked on the street. The stance on this car was PERFECT.
    [​IMG]

A little side note on this car. When it was featured in Hot Rod, the article said he used a flattened '34 crossmember with a '34 spring. I know a lot of the "technical" info in these old articles was questionable, but I have never seen another non-technical type car feature from a Hot Rod of that era that specifically mentioned the rear crossmember and spring used. Considering how nice this car sits, its quite possible that info wound up in the article because he specifically mentioned it, and it is correct. I would REALLY like to see an undercar photo. Needlouvers, any luck on your PHR article?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  8. derelict

derelict

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same old photos...

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Heres the one I thought he might be thinking of. technically, its off-topic for this thread, but what the hell, you only live once.

Attached Files:

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

This ones pretty nice...

Attached Files:

11. brad2v

brad2v

My my, that's very close to the look I'm going for with mine, but I've got a looooong ways to go.

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ha! I finally got my office back! The other-mother-inlaw to be is off to Oklahoma... Falcongoerge, this is the one I was refering to that I see every yera at LARS and Grand National Roadster Show. Now check youir other thread for more stuff!

Attached Files:

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Thanks louvers. Will do. Did you come up with a rear suspension shot?

14. 60 ford

60 ford

Great thread, love RPU's