Register now to get rid of these ads!

NE Kansas Hamb-Bq

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FarmallPete, Jun 29, 2005.

1. As much as I hate to do this, I'm going to have to call off having this at my place. To make a long story short, I've been told at work that in 3 months they are going to cut my hours in half, or go and find a new job.
    Looks like we will be putting our house on the market in the next couple of weeks and possibly make our move to the Gulf Coast of Alabama. My parents live there and we love it. Maybe this is Kelly and I's opportunity to go do something we want to do.

I'm sorry for having to back out, but I've got to try and do what I can do for my family and throwing a party just isn't in the works right now.

Farmall

PS If you work for the State of Kansas, find a new job. They treat their employees like shit. Civil Service Board here I come.

2. raven

raven

Aww, too bad.
    That sucks (maybe).
    Sounds like you have a good plan to do something you want to do, that's priceless.
    I used to work for the state of Kansas for eight years.
    I know what it's like.
    r

3. All employers in Kansas treat their employees like shit, pay them shit, property taxes are stupid high, etc. etc.....Make the move, you'll be glad you did. 10 years later in California and I never looked back

4. The sucky part is my wife has 22 years in the State, I've got 15. She is 9 years from getting a check every month. If we leave know she won't get it until she's 62, another 21 years. Hard decisions, as for a plan, don't really have one. I don't want to bug out until I've got some kind of employment on the hook. Of course she's not worried.

Farmall

5. JasonK

JasonK

6. bummer...

I was looking foward to it. Well, the hot rod barn will be done in the next few weeks (i hope) so maybe we can still do something this summer...

btw.... do all the kansas hambers work for the state :D?

7. N8, apparently so. They will have a difficult time getting rid of me. It basically boils down to a high up doesn't like me, of course they always say it isn't job related, I do my job and do it well. It's a personal issue. I've already been in contact with the Union and they say I have a dang good case. I'm just gathering up all my emails, and additional paperwork, hey maybe I'll get some face time on KSNT. :D

Farmall

8. Hey at least we can claim that the Civil War basically got it's start here.

Farmall

9. guiseart

guiseart

HOLY CRAP... My wife is applying for a STATE JOB!!! She is up for a state "old folks home" examiner type job. Hmmmm... better let her read this post!

10. that's right, the Civil war did start in Kansas.....John Brown helped get the ball rolling.....They even have a beer named after him....John Brown's Free state ale

11. Farmer, Free State Brewing in Larryville has some great brew. My favorite is Ad Astra - taken from the state logo.

I'm not saying the State of Kansas isn't a good place to work, my agency use to be a great place. I just depends on who you end up working for. I'm just fed up with the system.

The legislature says the agency's can do what they want with the positions they have....The Civil Service Board says no you can't. So now the courts will decide. Hopefully in my favor. Although I'm still ready to bug out, I'd like to put a thorn in the side of this agency for allowing one person to basically decide who gets promotions and who get cast aside(out of jealously or just plain dislike).

Rant over

I still want to meet you guys, we just can't do it at my place, that's all.

Farmall

12. Yeah, I like my job a lot. It all depends on the people I guess. I also agree that free state beer is pretty tasty.

13. NoSurf

NoSurf

Wow. I guess I have been busy at work and I missed this post.

I am sorry about your work woes Farmallpete.

We can have the BBQ at my place. I am in Abilene so I have a fairly central location.

When do we want to have it? Same day as scheduled? Or have it the Saturday early evening of the KKOA show in Salina? Everyone can check out cars at the show, then head over to my place, about 20 miles east, and cookout/hangout for awhile, then plowboy can go find some adult entertainment.

Should I start a new thread?

Jay

14. raven

raven

What day is the KKOA show in Salina?
    r

15. gman

gman

"btw.... do all the kansas hambers work for the state ?" (N8links)

Sure seems like it. (I don't) When was this bbq supposed to take place?

16. Roothawg

Roothawg

Isn't KKOA on July 29th? I live in Oklahoma but I work for the feds. Not much different though......

17. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

Im up in north east ks we could always do it at my place no neighbors and a long black top straight away out front lots of parking and plenty of room for people crash if they dont wanna drive home...(crash as in sleep not wreck)

18. Anchor

Anchor
    from N/A

Just as long as we get something going in Kansas.