Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Back from the ashes. The 36 lives

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot-rod roadster, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Like a phoenix from the ashes! So glad she is running again, Gary. Can't wait to see it in person!

2. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

wanted to come up at some point.need to set up an appointment with dick at his tattoo shop, and was thinking if there was something else going on in town also. but been so busy with wrestling that i haven't even thought about it again since nick and i spoke about it![/QUOTE]
    Saturday the 18th Scott Keaton is gonna be in town at one of the local bars. Will be a great show

Thanks, been putting in a bunch of hours on it and now the weather's gone to crap. Just picked up a dropped axle for it. Gonna wheel it out to Dave Schiemanns and change axles out there

3. NoSurf

NoSurf

Looks great!

4. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Now this bitch sits right. First pic's are the way it was when I got it. Then the dropped pic's.
    Wheeled it out to my friends (Roadburner 1) and helped me install new true 3" dropped axle (from our own 296V8 Greg Haynes) Greg does great work and I would strongly recommend him. New spindles, dropped steering arms, kingpins etc. and got the front right but when I got it home the rear was to high and the front tires rubbed. Called Coker and ordered a set of 4.50/4.75-16 Firestone bias plys. Fixed the front.
    In the rear had a new reverse eye main leaf made and took out 2 leafs, added new Pete and Jake shackles while it was apart. That got the rear tires up just inside the wheel wells and left some rake.
    Goes to the upholstery shop Monday and be ready to cruise. Gary

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012

5. I'll be needing a dropped axle for the 38 soon as well! Hopefully I'll be diving into that project in the next few weeks.

Your new stance looks GREAT! Looks like you'll have some good weather for it here real soon.

6. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Thanks, you should contact 296V8 here on the HAMB. His dropped axles are as good as it gets. Gary

7. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Glad to see you up and running again Gary. That's a way cool car.

Ryno,If not in Omaha I'll be down for Mokan. Could come a day early to take care of buisness.

wanted to come up at some point.need to set up an appointment with dick at his tattoo shop, and was thinking if there was something else going on in town also. but been so busy with wrestling that i haven't even thought about it again since nick and i spoke about it![/QUOTE]

8. flathead48

flathead48

Wow, love this car. Stance is right on now. Glad the fire didn't get outa control.-Matt