Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features traditional t bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by merles_garage, Feb 23, 2012.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Makes you wonder. Maybe its sitting in the back of some shop somewhere with a tarp over it on four flat blue streaks...

Or maybe its been turned into some horrendous '80s fad tee. Be interesting to find out. Wouldn't it be cool if it was the first one?

2. Here is my old bucket

[​IMG]

There are more in my blog as well

EVL401 likes this.
  3. Sonny48

Sonny48
    from Mo.

I'll admit my 25 does :eek:

4. paintcan54

paintcan54

I love this one, all the right stuff, and great stance.

5. Thanks I rescued it from a street rod T

The before
    [​IMG]

6. Copy "gaspumpers", it's killer!

7. Harms Way

Harms Way

I think our own Royalshifter's T just plain nailed the classic traditional T Bucket look !,... I actually like it better than Tommy or Norms T's,.... But that's me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EVL401 and brett4christ like this.
  8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

The Kookie? HELL yes. Ivos, well thats a little harder sell for me. But yes, I sure like it alot too.

9. I think that is Blacky Gegian's(sp)car.

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Isnt there some debate about that? The car, not the spelling...:D
    Does kinda look like him though.

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

For the classic, short bed "T" bucket, Ivo's is pretty close to tops. Royal shifter's, the one Steel Rebel has been showing pictures of, and the black one I was yammering about earlier pretty much round out my top five less one.

If your talking a turtle deck car though, that little purple one from New Zealand pretty much nails it! Trtle decks have to be quite a bit longer in my opinion, and a bit lower too.

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nope, that isn't Blackie's car. His was on a '34 frame and quite a bit longer. That picture has been credited as Dick Kraft too, but I think that was debated as well.
    Thing that kills me though, that isn't a "T" bucket... It's a modified, pure and simple. Love those too! I have one as well, but a Modified and a bucket aren't the same thing. Seems just lately, if it wears a "T" body someone says "T" bucket.

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yup.Agreed

14. orangecoupe

orangecoupe
    from florida

here is mine, would go the traditional route

Attached Files:

chessterd5 likes this.
  15. Owning and driving a roadster is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

16. Larry T

Larry T

Sig line I stole from Dragon over on the Jockey Journal years ago. I still use it over there.

"I foresee yet another closely defined historic term being corrupted, aborted and ruined."-Dragon
    Larry T

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

"I foresee yet another closely defined historic term being corrupted, aborted and ruined."-Dragon
    Larry T[/QUOTE]

I see that sig line over there all the time and love it! So true!

I don't know why the terminology thing drives me so nuts. Probably because the guys that mentored me back in the late seventies as a kid (they were old then... maybe 30 or so!) teased me so mercilessly when I got it wrong. I only uttered "Model A five window coupe" once - in 1977. Those same old guys, (now about 70 or so) still tease me about it and being the new kid...

18. Captain Carson

Captain Carson
    from N.Z

Lightning Bug is my fav. I had/have pics of that, Ivo's and Kookie on the garage wall for inspiration. Here's a couple of pics of mine...

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I see that sig line over there all the time and love it! So true!

I don't know why the terminology thing drives me so nuts. Probably because the guys that mentored me back in the late seventies as a kid (they were old then... maybe 30 or so!) teased me so mercilessly when I got it wrong. I only uttered "Model A five window coupe" once - in 1977. Those same old guys, (now about 70 or so) still tease me about it and being the new kid...[/QUOTE]

Look what has happened to "gasser". Kind of says it all that I feel the need to put quotation marks around it. And CRIPES, its OUR language! Alot of historians say that a language and the culture that goes with it are integral. So in the end, its our culture these guys are corrupting.

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

OH DAMN!!! Must see more of this one! What is it in the water over there?

21. weez

weez

The two from NZ are the proportions that I like in a T.

Speed's blue one from OZ is good too!

(I've driven the purple one and the blue one too!)

Always dug Dan Collins' (John Dejeer built) T- I remember when Dejeer pulled into Paso with a $3,500 price tag on it! I think it was about ten minutes later that John LaBelle bought it-

Geez, I gotta do one and get it out of my system!

22. fordman1

fordman1

Mine is traditional with a few deviations, which I plan on rectifying. Ditch the radials, alternator, fiberglass body and a few other items. A blast to drive though I would like to change the gears in the banjo or the 48 trans as 70+ creates a lot of RPMs. What is interesting is that my folder of T pictures includes most of the ones posted up here.

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Fiberglass bodies are traditional on t-buckets. At least, they have been since the very early sixties...

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey weez,

I dug a little at you on another thread the other day... It stemmed from the word "pushed" in you mad fabricators interveiw!

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Big 2x that! Hell, I even own an early sixties Almquist bucket with the extra little flip for the turtle deck on it... Vintage fiberglass?

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey weez?
    After I just dug at you a bit, can I ask a favor of you? The painting you did of the "T" bucket with the mummy chick and Frankenstein's monster that was packaged with Mad fabricators is another favorite, is there any chance you could post it here? I know your business IS the art you do, but I wouldn't ask unless the print was given away free at one point. My Almquist bucket mentioned above will some day be a loose interpatation of that car...

27. evt

evt
    from so-ore

Here's mine in progress. I've photo shopped the completed track T but "real progress" is a bit slower.

28. tjm73

tjm73

Please post more (lots more) pics of your car. :D :cool:

29. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I just bought one of the two new, never used, T roadster bodies that were for sale at the Decatur swap meet last weekend. Mine was right next door to us and was bought at Decatur by the seller some years ago and still never used, just notched for the frame it was sitting on a couple months ago. The other showed up just across the aisle was on a 4WD chassis and was cut down the middle spread 6" and then held together with plywood slats and sheet metal screws but never touched again. They are chopper-gun shot glass with white gelcoat and have the ducktail all the way across the back. Almquist? I tell you the moulds were in great shape when both these bodies were shot as the parting lines are thin and sharp, no chunks and almost no fall through anywhere.

My old roadster has a handlaid glass body that has the two narrow stock style ducktails out back. Was sold as a Cal Automotive body by a speed shop in Pasadena TX in 1969. No other ID other than the ducktails.

30. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

No debate at all...it didn't belong to Blackie or Dick Kraft.
    it was owned by a man named Proulx.
    Heres the thread where we first learned about it...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=340344&highlight=grandfathers+modified

The car is awesome!