Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some work from my shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptvan, Oct 12, 2011.

1. choptvan

choptvan

Thanks for trashing my thread. I appreciate it. Again, I explained before, these are NOT done yet. The green truck has a long way to go. Been in the buisness? Then you should know what mock up is. As for the dodge, it was going to be blood red with a gloss black frame, grille, headlights, tailights and interior. But again, things have changed for him. He isnt able to finish it as he wanted to. and how it is ratty? Cause there is no paint? I see no barbwire, rebard for sttering, shitty welds, chicken wire or any of that stuff. I would appreciate it if you would just let it lie. If you have something else to say, plaese PM me. This thread is to assist in promoting my shop. Not a discussion about rat rods. It doesnt belong here. Thank you.

2. Choptophudson

Choptophudson

And that green 38 GMC is mine "pal" and trust me I have spent more money on speedway parts and having choptvan do great fabrication work.... The hot rod is no where near done, I still have another 6-10 grand to put into it.. I dont want a rat rod, nor is the 38 that choptvan and I are building now going to be one.... "Mock up stage" mean anything to ya? Read the dam thread before you going bashing some one car, and especially bashing someones business. Choptvan has done some amazing work, and is exactly the reason why I'm using his company to build my 38, that trust me will NOT be a rat rod. thank you

3. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

I didn't mean to offend your sensibilities. Not my intention at all. Sounds like you have a problem with the term "Rat Rod"......why do you care so much? I just asked if you found something hard to sell - you threw it back at me.

On the related note of "mock ups" - I don't take my mock-ups to car shows and put them in photo-spreads.... just saying.

Back to the metal fab work - it's decent, clean work. How's the wifes welding? Not sure I'd want mine working on a customers rod! ;) Good luck with your business, it looks booming.

4. choptvan

choptvan

If you look up te rat rod term on here, you will see soem fine examples of what I described. Literally using rebarb to build steering and welding barbwire to the door to make it look cool.

The customer took the truck to the show. I see no problem with that. He just wanted to have a chance to appreciate it. Wehad been working on it about a year by then on a real tight budget.

If you didn't notice, the sheetmetal work you are commenting on, is also mocked up. So???

She welds great. Thanks.

5. choptvan

choptvan

I meant for the draglink and tierods. Then used grade 5 bolts to bolt it all together through the rebarb and through steering arms meant for tapered ends

6. cowboyinachair

cowboyinachair
    from colorado

shannon sadly if it dont have paint or its flat black ppl lump it in the rr let it slide everyone knows ur work isnt rr sh!t

7. choptvan

choptvan

Thanks. I appreciate it. You are right. I should know better

8. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  9. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

you bringing anything to the Roundup this year ?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  10. choptvan

choptvan

Damnit. Might just start another thread. Can you ask someone to clean it up?? Not sure how to go about that.

Would love to. Depends on what shows up at the shop. When is the round up?

11. cowboyinachair

cowboyinachair
    from colorado

shannon easy way is to ask each op of the posts to delete it if u want i will remove my post

12. choptvan

choptvan

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! I know! I get the " pleasure " of working on a mustang today... luckily it is an in and out job...

13. NuckinFutz

NuckinFutz
    from GA

Man, I love your work. You are a prime examlpe of what a good shop/builder should be like. The only problem I have with you and your shop is, it's so far away. LOL. Keep up the great work. I would love to see more!

14. Dude going out of town again. This time it's Clarkville, TN. Do you know of any shows in the area? Well you know how to get a hold of me.

15. choptvan

choptvan

Got some more accomplished on the 51 today. Built panels for the rear seat area. He has kids and it is VERY important to me that they get to hang out in dad's car with him! So here is where i sit as of now. I have more bead rolling to do and to fit the back seat yet. But you get the idea!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

trying go mimick the shape of the stock tunnel a bit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and started to weld in the rear wheel houses and trunk floor pieces. I still have to add a brace for the gas tank. And to finish welding all the plugs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. choptvan

choptvan

For the back seat area, keep in mind it is not all put together right yet. That explains all the huge gaps and non fitting pieces. More pix tomorrow.

17. choptvan

choptvan

getting closer!

[​IMG]

18. Shannon!!!!, haven't had time to call but lQQks great!!

19. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

20. choptvan

choptvan

Glad you are happy ralph. After all, it is yours!

Thanks Sierra. Appreciate it.

21. willymakeit

willymakeit

Keep posting your work.I get ideas from every where. Your work is excellent.

22. choptvan

choptvan

some of a model A truck we are workin on

[​IMG]

23. fitzee

fitzee

Hay nice tin work.. I enjoy getting ideas.. I see many.. thanks

24. choptvan

choptvan

Thanks man. I appreciate it. Got a few OT cars in today. But I have one very special one on it's way... updates SOON as it gets here!

25. DUDE, Let's see some more..

26. choptvan

choptvan

I KNOW! Don't remind me! 16 hour days will tear you up for sure! Been thrashing on the 36 getting it ready to go to Vegas. The owner will acutally get to see it in person for the first time since it got paint! Pretty excited about that!

27. Nice work man! Keep the updates coming!!!

Justin

28. A!!!! You still alive???

29. choptvan

choptvan

Not by much! vegas kicked my ass! Had a blast though! I will post pix and all of that later after I find the camera and the rest of the stuff I own! Lets just say it is real hard to pack enough into a little 5 window coupe for a week and tools as well!