Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who made these wheels...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Havoc Bender, Mar 2, 2012.

1. And what model is it? 16 inch dia. don't know how wide...

[​IMG]

The car there on was built in the US in the sixties and the wheels have probably been on it since then,on a spec.-sheet from 1970-80's the wheels are called "Rebel Dragmasters",does that ring a bell for somebody????

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  2. rdrunner1974

rdrunner1974
    from Vermont

3. kind of looks like Indy's but not really,but the shape of the spokes and how they "flows" in to the center differs.

4. Cerberus

Cerberus

For some reason I remember a wheel company from the 60's called "American", not to be confused with American Racing Equipment wheels. Their wheel rims were smooth from the backside to the frontside with no noticeable hard edge step in the rim...just a slight rise like yours between the spokes. Very cool wheels. What bolt pattern are they.

5. brandon

brandon

6. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Trade you a rear set of Original ETIII for them?
    [​IMG]

7. Cerberus : The rearend is a 56 Pontiac,so 4 3/4 BC maybe "I'm not a GM guy"

Brigrat:Not my wheels,just helping a guy out a bit,and I'm sure You would think about shipping-cost before a trade if You take a closer look on where I'm located...

8. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rebel Wheel Co. Only pic I've ever seen was in a '60s Hot Rod magazine ad. If I find it I'll scan it.

Very cool.

9. Oooooohh weeeee those are sexy

10. Way too sexy for anything I wll ever own that's for sure.

Havoc bender,
    I wish I could tell you how made those wheels as much as I wish I knew where there was another set. Tell your friend if the rest of the car is as nice as the wheels he has one beautiful ride.

11. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shockingly, the right magazine was near the top of the pile.

From Sept. '65 Hot Rod:

[​IMG]

12. Way cool,I'll will let the owner know,what can I say : HAMB rock "as always"

13. This picture was poosted on the "Drag cars in motion" thread a couple months ago. These wheels sure look good on this dragster..

Attached Files:

14. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

waaaaaaaaayyyyyy cooooool

15. I've been looking for a set of these for about 20 years!!! First saw them on Dusty Rhodes FED in a vintage Hot Rod or Car Craft and have NEVER seen any since!!! If you want to sell/trade PLEASE let me know.

Steve

16. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Pontiacs have a 5 x 5 bolt pattern.

17. There You see : I'm definitivly not a GM-guy ...Had no idea what bolt circle Pontiac has/had ,getting along pretty good anyway...