Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Out for a burger ! What's your favorite place ! let's see them !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak

Now I could go for an In-N-Out double-double anytime, but it's kind of difficult when the closest one is 321 miles away........

As another poster said, 'Fins Drive-In' here in Springfield, OR (4090 Main St.) is the place to go. Cruise-In on Thursdays I think. Great service, too....
    [​IMG]

Now, when we lived in Orange County, we occasionally got a hankerin' for a hoagie.....a real hot, juicy, big hoagie sandwich with chopped rib-eye steak grilled onions, bell peppers, mozzerella cheese and (maybe) pizza sauce served on a soft, fresh french roll. It's served so hot that you'll burn your tongue if you don't open thr sandwich up for a few minutes first. We drove 40+ miles to get it at the Great Western Steak & Hoagie Co. - corner of Lincoln Bl. and Superba Ave. in Venice, CA (first signal light north of Venice Bl.) This is just a little hole-in-the-wall place with maybe 6 parking spots (no drive-through). If this sounds good, check it out.... Not the best environment for eating. We sometimes took them over to a little park in the Marina nearby. Good people-watching in the summer, though.
    [​IMG]

2. NuckinFutz

NuckinFutz
    from GA

In Cleveland,GA there is a lil joint called Smith's Soda Shop. It's been in business since the 50's. Not much has changed. You can still get double CBs for a 1.80. Its a great place for lunch.

Also in Cleveland,GA is the Corner Cafe. It's a newer joint but still some damn good food.

3. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

No pics, but Mikies in Everett, Wa.; used to be an old A & W. Inside is mostly an old car related/hot rod motif. Butch/56sedandelivery.

4. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Sooooo good! I will always remember the burger I got there one year on our way to the Hot Rod Reunion.

5. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

that would be Dick's burgers for me in North Seattle for me.

6. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

The Nook , Minnesota ! Great place !

7. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Andies at the 1st street carwash in Napa, CA

8. DJCruiser

DJCruiser
    from CT

re: posts #130 & 294, yup, no place like Harry's Place.

Attached Files:

9. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Mike, the owner used to have one right down the street from me@ Primrose and Las Tunas Dr., It was originally Earl's, then Pie & Burger, he sold the business to his manager Norma, then it became Norma's Pie & Burger Jake (Pete & Jakes Hot Rod Repair) used to be a regular, there were pix of his tub and coupe on the wall. Went there and Moffett's in Arcadia.

Big Creeps not kidding, the burgers are pricey,but Good!!!! They use the best beef, egg bread bun=buttered,fresh tomato,pickles,thousand,and hand shreded lettuce-I'm drooling!!!! Wish I still had the Temple City location:(.

Now I'm going to have ta figure out a way to bring one back to T.C.;).

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  10. chevyburb

chevyburb

Armadillo Willy's has started making the "Linda Burgers". MT. View was my wife's hang out & she used to eat there. Says the ones @ Armadillo Willies is pretty close.

11. chevyburb

chevyburb

The real sleeper for cheese burgers is "The 4th St. Bowl" in San Jose. They are killer. They have a great parking lot, would be a great place to start Friday Nite Cruise & Show.

12. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN

Peters' Drive-In. A Calgary AB icon since 1962.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A small chain in western Canada.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. twotoejoe

twotoejoe

I can remember with Smith's was 'On the Square' and run by the old man. Ronnie moved the place out on 129 in the late 60's or early 70's. Damn good Slaw Dogs too. I remember when the Cokes were 10 cents, but if you got a straw the old man would charge you an extra penny!

14. Vote for XXX as in XXX Root Beer Issaquah Washington.
    Cruise In every Saturday night. Great car shows on most Sundays during the spring and summer. Oops forgot the awesome Root Beer Floats.

Attached Files:

15. Faus

Faus

Swenson's in Akron, OH!!!! Since 34 it has made amazing food! When I used to teach at UA, I'd go there at least once a week! I love that place!

16. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

OK you bitches!!! You have to fire up one of these when your in town!! It's the Mother Tucker from Tucker's Onion Burgers!!!! [​IMG]

17. The "Neuman" at "Little Jerry's". 84th. and Park ave. It's a tiny little place tucked in between the church and next door to the post office in the Fern hill area of Tacoma.

p

18. lurch13

lurch13

mr. hamberger in huntsville tx..#4 the old sparky is a great burger.

Attached Files:

19. need to roll to Frisko Freeze ! yummm!

20. Lil32

Lil32

agreed.every year we hit USA we always look for In n Out , usually grab a Tshirt also

21. RayMiller

RayMiller

Dunno where else they are but just had a burger from zin burger and I dont think I could have one from anywhere else anymore! A little spendy but worth the money.

22. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Was Ketchie's Stand on Sawtelle Blvd in West L.A.

Attached Files:

23. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Growing up in SoCal, a double dipped,pastrami dip from The Hat with chili cheese fries was the shit. Joe here I'm a big fan of Squeeze Inn in Sacramento and Napa. Also used to like murder burger in Davis

24. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Forgot about Andy's I used to live around the corner. Muey excellente!

25. mikyboy

mikyboy

in Calif it has to be Red Robin for me.

26. Keep them coming! Gotta love a burger from the good ole Mom & Pop's stand. Pick Quick here in Fife here I come!

27. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

wataburger in la porte, tx or any other location in texas. i can't stand carl's jr which folks were making a big deal about when we got one here locally. they always fked up the orders and basically taste like burger king b.s. i guess that's why the la porte location is dying due to these h.s. kids not getting the orders right.

28. wallyringo

wallyringo

I love Angelos Oceanside and Rubys Laguna Beach.

Attached Files:

29. Monolith

Monolith

Just read this thread from the start, man am I hungry. Native San Gabriel Valley boy, so In n Out's in my blood-double double, fries animal style(with cheese, grilled onions and spread) and a large coke! Love Tommys-get the chili cheese fries with your burger. There's a burger place just up Lake from Pie and Burger called The Counter. Gourmet burgers with anything you can think of on them.You just check off what you want on the burger on the order sheet they give you. The Fuddruckers in Burbank has Coke fountain machines designed by Pininfarina, and Elk, Buffalo and Boar burgers.

30. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

IN&OUT, The Habit, Tommy's, but no one beats Hodad's in San Diego

Attached Files: