Register now to get rid of these ads!

Detroit Autorama 2012- Who's Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by safari-wagon, Dec 30, 2011.

1. I just got home a 7 pm last night 3 days of walking man are my legs killing me.
    by the time I hit jersey to fuel up the last time I could barely get out of the truck
    what a great show. I hope to finish my truck for next year.
    I think all the east coast guys should really invade the basement next year with a bunch of rides. Definitly a must see show.
    thanks to martyne and larry steve aka scott from singlefinger for giving all a cool place to hangout also kevin tully rocket and dane from hot rod chassisfor the laughs all weekend too

2. just go to the autorama extreme site and download the form better get it in early for next year

3. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Was cool to see you again too man. Hopefully my A Pickup will be done for next year. See you there.

4. I got home just after mid-night. What a great time. Awesome cars and even better people. I had a blast hanging with the Singlefinger guys, the Virginia crew, The Suspects, the Rodents (even those crazy bastards from Tenessee) and everyone else that I got a chance to see.

This show just keeps getting better.

Good Times!

5. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Made it home early this morning. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that came by my art booth and said hello or purchased something from me. Had a great time, hope to be back next year!! Lots of beautiful cars and trucks there. Definitely worth going to!!

6. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Like Dave sez, use the current form & maybe Ed will show you how to get here next Feb... he seems to know the way.

BTW, get the form in before Dec if you want to make it in. No last minute chances anymore, cuz there was 40 rods on the waiting list this year!

7. hotdamn

hotdamn

hahahahaha, damn I totally forgot about that!!!

you know it wasnt because I was bored, I had to ask you a question about something, what that was I have no idea?

note to self, dont piss of Denise ;)

That said, It was a great show this year with definitely the best quality of cars I have seen yet.

lookin forward to seein ya'll again next year already :D

8. kustomrace

kustomrace

Just wanted to thank everybody for an amazing weekend! It was a great weekend with our Tennesse club brothers,as well as the response to the Mustang II.Lots of "that should be upstairs" from those who just don't get it Dave

9. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Found this pic online ...it's says it all

[​IMG]

10. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

11. It was rad to finally meet you man!

12. I would really like to thank Scott_Rod for setting up the GM Heritage tour and everyone else involved.

Thanks everyone for everything. It was rad to hang out with everyone. The Detroit Autorama is an amazing show! Now I want my car in the basement for next year:D

13. I didn't realize this thread was still going after the show.

What a good time I had even though I think I missed half of the cars and about as many people due to my work schedual.

I am happy to hear all the positive comments. It's been alot of work to get the show to where it is now. Having the intire floor makes a big difference with just the atmosphere down there. IT is as much a party as it is a car show.

Thanks again for everyone that attended with or without a car.

Rudy

14. thunderkiss65

thunderkiss65
    from Detroit

Thanks again Rudy. :cool:

15. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Thanks Rudy, we all had a great time and appreciate all of the time and effort that you and others put into the show!

16. Upstairs....Downstairs .......It was the best Autorama ever !!!!!! We were there for all three days and never did see "the official winner"..:eek:

17. So who won anyway?

18. It was a red '57 (maybe) T-Bird that I hear, was very well built. I think that the big problem with showing upstairs is that you can't take home one of those great creations that are presented in the lower levels of Cobo. Ron

19. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I thought they made that Thunderbird look like a Sunbeam Alpine. Maybe it was better in person. I'm sure it was well built, but it just seemed like change for the sake of change.

-Dave

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sorry I missed you and the boys. Maybe you guys will make it to the Jalopy Showdown in May??

21. The awards are works of art and shown throughout the show for everyone to see,.

This year in fact they were shot by a big named magizine along with the builders and will be featured in an upcoming issue.

22. bob t!

bob t!
    BANNED

Roadstar-Rudy I was downstairs on Fri. and was amaised on how far it has come. Great job and congrats to you and who ever else contributed to get it to this level.

23. awesome show. Full of great cars and even better people.

A big thanks to Rudy and everyone that was there that makes this show a "can't miss".

It was a hassle to bring 2 cars down this year, but well worth it. This show is fast becoming the highlight of my year.

Another big thanks to all involved.

24. heres the problem now there are some guys upstairs who want to come downstairs so they can win the cool trophys trouble here is they got so much money that somebody else builds the car and then these owners say they built it. one in fact was a ridler(one D in ridler) winner. I think that makes it harder for the average joe

25. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I happen to be friends with that Ridler winner.....He built his car (as well as his others that were upstairs). I also know that his 'basement car' was the real deal. It was originally built by a guy named Henry in 1932. He found it, got it running and lowered it. Last painted in 1952. Last registered in 1970 somthin'. It's a way cool car.

26. Glad this thread is still going. I've been attending the Detroit Autorama as a spectator on and off for several years but this was the first time I ever entered a car. I brought my 41' Ford convertible and ended up winning the Mike Alexander Award. I was truly stunned. I've had this car for most of my life (since 1962) and never got any award like this before. I just want to say thanks. And let me say that me and all the other guys from Buffalo had a really great time and met a lot of nice people. Thank you.

Art Misuraca

27. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Art..your 41 vert was off the hook
    beautiful

28. 38mag

38mag

Ed,
    It raises the bar for us "Average Joes", we just need to work a litle harder.

29. yep it does