Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody Building Inlinners 4-6-8cyls high or low tech ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfardyfode, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Same for me : 4.0 block with 258 crank and rods,crane hydraulic camshaft,Offenhauser intake and a 600 Holley,the car is not road-legal yet and due to Swedish rules I have to wait until after inspection before I put the ported head and hedders on it
    (there is a rule that say no more than 15kW/100kg car-weight(a stock 4.0L "174 hp" is just a tad from being to much according to that rule),moves kind of good anyways...

BTW : Bored and stroked to 4.5L? Stock bore= 276 cuin(4.5L), 0.030 overbore = 280 cuin (4.6 L), 0.060 = 284 cuin (4.7 L) There are stuff out there to get You almost 5.0 L,just a matter of money...

2. boucher racing

boucher racing
    from nashville

Here is my inline 250 with a Grand National T3 turbo on it. It blows real good!

[​IMG]

3. mufasavnvmc

mufasavnvmc
    from Iowa

mine is a 26 t sedan inliner 6 dual carbs and a 3 speed can not get the picture to load sorry maybe later

4. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Here are a few pics of my friend Brian's ride with a nice little straight 8....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. tatersgravy

tatersgravy
    from midwest

"194" in my "63" Nova wagon, nothing special and e..a..s..y to work on!

[​IMG]

6. turbostude

turbostude
    from minnesota

7. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

not high tech but should be fun. backed with 5 sp

8. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Steve, Tell us about your rotating assembly. Is that a stroker crank - hence the need for counterweights? Are the welds shown all that hold them onto the crank? What rods? Pistons? Thanks for sharing.

6re6

9. T__N__A

T__N__A

Lots of cool and interesting motors on here....Here are a few pic of my Model A four banger with a OHV conversion.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I've posted before but here's a friends '35 Chevy Master roadster (All steel). Blue flame with triples, headers and T400

Attached Files:

11. lanny haff

lanny haff

I 'm not sure how to post pics but my 33 plymouth has a 230 cu in 48 dodge with 3 carter weber carbs, milled head, split manifold, full race cam + an s10 distributor

12. Lanny, click "go advanced" at the bottom. The advanced screen has a "manage attachments" button. You can then choose photos from your computer. If the photos are already online, there is a little yellow box [​IMG] that will ask for the URL of your image. That is the actual address of the picture itself, not the webpage it's on.

Sorry for the de-rail, guys...carry on.

13. 40Tudor

40Tudor

1.8L Mazda, FZ1 carbs, home made belt drive distributor destined for my 27 Touring. Click for full size pic.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  14. BISHOP

BISHOP

Very cool.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  15. Chuck Lloyd

Chuck Lloyd
    from Va

I love it Ilove I love it. Good idea Keep up the good work

16. Chuck Lloyd

Chuck Lloyd
    from Va

Outstanding car great job

17. BigIrish

BigIrish

Speedster I built from scratch around a 200 Ford & 3 spd. Craiglist find for $300. Love this little engine. Bone stock right now but would like to upgrade the head, carb, exhaust at some point.

Attached Files:

18. Make mine an inline....

[​IMG]

19. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

I think I still have articals from Pat rebuilding this car after a carb fire he was working for streetrodder back then I believe, back then he had a "hypodermic needle" floor shifter he also built for the trans I don't think it was a 4 speed then.

20. 63ChevyII

63ChevyII

It took more work than anticipated, but we finally got it to work: 292 L6 in a '63 Chevy II Photos

292, 040 over
    Offy 4bbl intake
    Holley 390
    Stovebolt Castiron Manifold
    700R4

[​IMG]

21. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Great photo. Would you mind sharing how that phantom shot is done

22. 63ChevyII

63ChevyII

Sure.

Take two pics, using a tripod (so the camera doesn't move). One pic with the hood up and one with the hood down.

Pull the photos into photoshop and put them into the same document on different layers (hood open on top layer) and apply a transparent gradient to the top layer.

http://www.mediacollege.com/adobe/photoshop/transparent/gradient.html

23. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Thanks. Why doesn't the opened hood show? I thought it must have been removed.

24. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

turbo 26 t--really sweet. i always loved those little modifieds, but being 6-4, they're not for me!

25. 45_70Sharps

45_70Sharps

I've got the stock 235 in my '54 and I'm probably going to be running it for a couple years or more till the body, interior, paint are done and I've saved the cash for the new power.

I'm thinking about headers and dual carbs to start with.
    Even with basic mod's it's not going to be a power house but I'm thinking that when I upgrade the power in the chevy, the 235 would be a good speedster engine or something.
    I can always tell people that it's the same engine that the first corvetts ran!

26. I've got a 2.0 Pinto in my 30 Ford coupe, and a 250 6 cylinder in my chopped top 70 Chev pick up. We used to race Mod IV's. Dirt modifieds with a 2.3 Ford, and have parts left over. So if I live long enough I want to build a Track T with the parts. Steve

27. bobscogin

bobscogin

Neat little car. Would like more details on the build.

Bob

28. Valentina

Valentina
    from Texas

Your copying cunningham

29. joe little

joe little
    from UK

not H.A.M.B friendly, its an old ford kent x flow as used in historic formula ford.

103ci and good for a 12.9 @ 104.6 mph in a 1500 lbs race car

[​IMG]

30. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Every car I own, OT or otherwise has an inline in it...

1938 Buick, 248 Strait-8...
    [​IMG]
    ...future plans include mild cam, bump in compression, and a few extra carbs.

1962 Chevy II, 250 Strait-6...
    [​IMG]
    ...mostly stock, but I'm looking to aquire two more carbs on this one.

1984 BMW 325e, 2.7l Strait-6...
    [​IMG]
    ...This motor has a Euro 323i head on it which gives a higher redline and a stouter cam, along with that is got upgraded engine-management and a few other bolt-ons. Makes for a great daily-driver.

1990 BMW E30 M3, 2.3l Strait-4...
    [​IMG]
    ...this one's mostly stock, but since it was made by BMW-Motorsport as a Homologation-Special, the standard features read like quite the build list. Individual-Throttle-Bodies, Dual-Overhead-Cam, etc...

I like my inlines!