Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who stocks chassis engineering parts? Sold out everywhere?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GREASER815, Feb 29, 2012.

1. GREASER815

GREASER815

Know of anyone whos stocks Chassis Engineering parts? They themselves are out of springs for 4 or more weeks. The guy selling them on Ebay says he has 10 avialiable, I called, he does not, no clue when he can get them. Yogi's is out, Minnesota Hot Rod Harware is out....the list goes on. I need a rear leaf spring kit for my 50 Chevy, the kit # A1021CC is what I am looking for. Will take the one with gas shocks as well, doesn't matter to me. Looked into TCI, less parts for more money, makes no sense to me. Anyone know of anything?

2. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Got to be them Chi-Coms holdin' out on us again.

3. check through the alliance vendors. Ill bet most places dont have them in stock they just drop ship them from chassis engineering.

4. GREASER815

GREASER815

Yeah, alot drop ship. Chassis Engineering told me some places stock them but they do not have a vendor list. How can it be so hard for them to get springs?

5. GREASER815

GREASER815

I checked the alliance vendors list, Minnesota is the only one I seen with my kit, unless i missed it, I could have.

6. slow4dr

slow4dr
    from SoCal

Speedway has the TCI kit in stock. I was browsing their ebay ads and every other TCI leaf kit is listed @ $509 except the '49-'54. I am guessing that ad is a typo so I'd hit them up.

-J

7. Get ahold of JPL street rods in PA. (724) 375-3940 They sell both TCI and Chassis Engineering. I bought a alot of stuff through them and they gave me a good deal. I also paid via money order instead of a credit card and they knocked of some more. A little wheeling and dealing never hurts. They are real nice gus to deal with. Todd

8. GREASER815

GREASER815

I will give JPL a call in the morning. I don't care where I get it, just need it. I dont care for the TCI kit. Chassis's kit is made to bolt in a Nova rear axle which I have, and I like their shock crossmember include for less money.

9. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I waited 4 months for springs from CE. I finally got them in early January this year. They must wait until they get enough orders to get a quantity discount from their suppliers.

10. GREASER815

GREASER815

4 MONTHS! How do they even do business? I sold all of my stock suspension, planned on throwing in one of these kits, I need to be to Torquefest in 2 months, no way I can wait that long.

11. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

Check with Posie's. A while back I needed a rear spring kit and CE did not have. So I called Posie's and got a kit that actually rode a lot better than the CE kit I had been useing. My experience on these has mostly been on '47-'48 cars, but it's about the same. As I remember the price was right too.

12. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is it just the springs you need? My car won't be done in time so if the 2'' lower springs that work in the 37 chevy are the same, maybe I could loan them to you on a permanant basis and get a new set from Chassis when they show up. I live in West Branch so I could just pick them up there. Mine are installed but never on the road. They might have a little surface rust on them from sitting in the shed but if it will get you going for Torquefest...

13. 63bigbird

63bigbird

I waited like Tagman. I ordered in Aug. and just got mine in Feb. I ordered mine thru JPL, great to deal with. May want to check with national chevrolet.

14. GREASER815

GREASER815

Anyone running the waltons rear spring kit? Looks really nice and he is an alliance vendor, doesn't say what discount he gives though. Either way, his stuff loks top notch.

15. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

Everything I have ever bought from Walton has been great. He used to work for TCI and may be selling the TCI spring kit.

Chassis Engineering gets their springs from Canada, we waited forever the last time they ran out.

If all else fails you can buy the kit from CE less springs and source the springs from www.eatonsprings.com They can build the springs already lowered so no need for blocks. Turnaround time is about a week usually and the spring rate on the springs is more consistent and typically will ride better.

Good Luck
    Donny

16. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

I believe Speedway began selling C.E. products last year.....maybe that's where a large quantity of stock went ? Can't hurt, to give them a call,....

4TTRUK

17. GREASER815

GREASER815

By Speedways website, it doesn't look like they sell any Chassis Engineering stuff.

18. carryallman

carryallman

did you ever call "chassis engineering " might not hurt to ? :eek:

19. GREASER815

GREASER815

Yeah, they don't even have the stuff. They have no springs and don't know when they are getting more in. They couldn't even tell me who may stock their parts. I know not everyone drop ships.

20. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

I tried to order one of the CE 4" dropped axles ('32-'36) with the two inch wishbone spacing, told me maybe in 6 months or so. I went else where with my money.

21. GREASER815

GREASER815

Just called Chevs of the 40's....they drop ship too. Looks like I am out of luck finding it. I don't see how they can run like this and be successful.

22. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

had the same problem when looking for parts my 40. CE didn't have parts in stock. I called Brian over at Wayne's Speed Shop here in NJ. Brian had the parts for me in a week. here's the number 732-721-7445 plus he's a Hamber too.

23. DoubleJ52

DoubleJ52
    from Belton, MO

I used one of Walton's transmission crossmembers on my 41 Chevy, very nice piece that fit with little modification. Their spring kit looks good, although it sucks that the shock crossmember is sold separately. I used CE stuff front and rear and really like it, too bad they don't have any springs. I never had a problem getting anything from them in years past, but it sounds that they have a supplier problem.

24. plynch

plynch

If you need it, and want the CE kit, order it from someone and wait. I waited 4 months for my CE rear leaf kit for my 48 chevy. Once it arrived, my buddy decided he wanted the same kit, called the place I bought mine from and they had sold all the kits to waiting/paid customers, told him it would be at least 8-10 more weeks.

25. GREASER815

GREASER815

Yeah, thats the problem. I don't have 10 weeks or 4 months to wait. No one should have to wait that long. Half the year will be over by then. Seems like a joke to me, I really want their kit because it looks more complete, but may have to go with something else.

26. plynch

plynch

I hear ya....I didn't want to wait either, but I wasn't in a rush either, it takes me forever to finish my crap anyway! There was a post on here awhile back from someone else wanting CE stuff but couldn't wait for springs, they bought the kit minus the springs and CE furnished some paperwork of what springs they used in the kits, or dimensions of the springs. It looked to me like the kit used a Dodge Dakota spring and CE explained how to modify the spring for the ride height you wanted. I tried to search for it and couldn't find the post....Maybe another member has some info

27. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hereis the sheet I think you are talking about copied from another thread. Just search Chassis Engineering Dodge

Hope the following answers your questions:
    [​IMG]

28. cbillelder

cbillelder

I recently ordered a rear semi-elliptical spring kit for my '36 Ford frame from Chassis Engineering, but didn't order any springs because I had heard they were out of stock, which they confirmed. I just went to my local junkyard and bought a pair of front springs from a '71 Dodge D100 4wd pickup, which is what the C.E. springs are patterned after, at least for my application. Don't know if the springs are the same for yours. The instructions I got with their kit listed donor Dodge truck springs and years that can be used. Maybe the write up for your kit would list donor springs as well. Cost me $30 versus $200 plus for the C.E. ones. I may have to get them re-arched, but will wait till I have the car completely together to see and/or add lowering blocks. If re-arching costs too much, I can always order the C.E. springs then and I'm only out $30.
    Good luck!!
    Oh, and new bushings are still available for these springs from NAPA.

29. Harry o

Harry o
    from Georgia

Bobs classic chevy may have what youre looking for ... BobsclassicChevy.com their # is 1-866-chevy

30. GREASER815

GREASER815

I spoke again with CE this afternoon. I got in touch with a guy at Yogi's in Iowa through CE. He was able to scrounge up parts they had around and put together the complete kit I was looking for. I guess I got lucky today, I thought for sure I would never find it. So, call around guys if you need this stuff. It is out there, just have to bother them enough they dig it up just to get rid of you.