Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Florida cruise nights Jan. 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spiker, Jan 22, 2012.

1. spiker

spiker

Here's a video that I shot of a couple of cruise nights here in Florida. I hope it helps you get through the cold winter up north. I'm going to be hitting quite a few shows for the next 3 months, including Billetproof etc. I hope you enjoy. I know some of the cars are not HAMB friendly, Oh well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdXATpndjsI&feature=youtu.be

2. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Its 12 below zero here in sunny Litchfield , Maine this morning. Thanks for making it that much worse!

3. Pasta

Pasta

Thanks for posting that. For almost 10 minutes I forgot it was 7º outside. LOL
    Hey, the later part of that video.....was that the Chic-Fil-A car show on RT50? (Cotrez Blvd?) Looks really familiar.
    I used to go to FL every Jan for the NCRS Winter Regional, and we would venture over there. I'm probably wrong, but it looks familiar. I haven't been there since 2006 or so.
    Thanks again! I enjoyed it.

George

4. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Spiker, You know I'm jut kidding about making it worse. I really enjoyed the video....well, except for the part where you said it was 75 degrees at 6 pm. John

5. spiker

spiker

The second one was at Hardy's at the corner of 50 and 19 in Brooksville. Chick-fil-A was moved to Hardy's, do to the stores complaining about the young kids raising hell after we left. I just found out they're going to have it at Chick-fil-A again, once a month.

6. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

I almost came over to Hardees on Satuday but saw all the car dealers crap in the lot next door and decided to wait. Oh well. Thanks for the video.

7. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

I thought the same thing as Mike.

8. 150 Wagon

150 Wagon

You have to do a video for the folks up north of the Dade City show the 4th of February.

9. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Thanks for the video, that just confirms it.... I've gotta move closer to the beach. :D

10. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Guy's that the part of the reason I moved to Florida over 20 years ago.

I used to watch the weather guy on TV and every time they showed a map of the west coast of Florida it would show a picture with bright sun shine and this would be around January when I had snow on the ground and it was to cold to even go back out.

I told my wife I wanted to move to Florida and after seeing the Clearwater Beach area she said you are right.

Do I miss snow? No I love looking at it as long as it's on the TV screen and I don't have to drive in it.

Jimbo

11. spiker

spiker

I'd love to but, there's so much going on Feb.4th in Florida. The Groundhog Gala, Dade City, and about 2 or 3 other events. I'm leaning towards the Groundhog Gala, whichever one I go to I'll video and put it on the HAMB/Youtube. The weather down here is unbelievable, high 70's low 80's every day and dry, it sure is nicer weather than my hometown in Maine. That's why I bring a Hot Rod to Florida.

12. Movinman

Movinman

I recommend the Groundhog Gala! Its going to be one hell of a good time.

13. We are stayng in Deland FL, down from Toronto Ontario area. Any cruises or shows the weekend of March 3rd? What about Mt. Dora, thought they had a downtown show in March?
    We are doing the Deland cruise in next w/end and Billetproof w/end after.
    Doug

14. spiker

spiker

We're going to a car show at Disney's stock car track this weekend, 2nd and 3rd. Also Sunday there's a pretty good size show at Crystal River Chevy, right on route 19 in Crystal River. There's usually a good turnout at that one. Of coarse there's probably a ton of other shows this coming weekend all over Florida.

15. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Will be driving my deuce down to Ft Lauderdale march 30 ,april 6.. Will there be any HOTROD happening during that time span...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  16. Angliaguy

Angliaguy

In this area on Sun April 1st there is a Show at the Festival Flea Market on Sample Rd in Pompano which usually has several hundred cars. Also on Tue April 3rd PBC Classics has a
    Cruise In that usually has 60-80 cars at The Neighborhood Grille on N Federal Hwy in Boca Raton North of Yamato Rd. About 20 min North of Ft.Lauderdale. Let me know and I
    will show you some shops if you have the time.

17. 59 brook

59 brook

hey spiker whats happening at the mickey speedway?

flacarshows.com

18. spiker

spiker

Sorry I'm so late responding. I haven't been on the HAMB for a few days. The Vintage Street Rod Association held an event at the Richard Petty track on Disney. I posted a video, the link is below.

http://youtu.be/T8QxW_p3b5k