Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs merc coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zeke71, Feb 27, 2012.

1. zeke71

zeke71

need a little help please. i have so ive been told a 1947 merc coupe. i have not been able to locate any #s on this body to prove what i own. i would also like to locate a ownership or title ,if anyone can help me i would be very thank full

2. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Numbers might be on the chassis or could even be the engine number if it's the original motor. Not much help I know but worth a look.

3. zeke71

zeke71

thanks any ways resq37zep but all i have is a body minus motor or chasis

4. tjelwood

tjelwood
    from oklahoma

Don't know if this will help but I had a 41 ford that when we media blasted it there was the vin number stamped into the firewall in the center below the cowl vent area.

5. choppedmerc

choppedmerc
    from Spokane

zeke71 - Not sure about canadian mercs. but the serial number is on the frame rail. Drivers side between the axle and the firewall. As far as I know fords and mercurys were never titled off of any kind of engine number. Pre 48 all went off of frame numbers.

As I am typing this I am second guessing myself? the numbers may be on the passengers side frame rail? DAHah

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

I have a 47 Ford and the Merc coupe carcass I used on it,both Canadian cars and both had firewall tags with Vin's on them, near the pinch weld at the top,closer to the drivers side.If yours is Canadian the two small holes for the screws that held the plate on should be there...