Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some work from my shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptvan, Oct 12, 2011.

1. ems customer service

ems customer service

i agree with 56 ford custom!!! sorry

2. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

Whoa buddy! i remember seeing your work years ago over myspace, always thought your work was awesome, to see you doing this full time like this is awesome, amazing work like always! Cheers man, keep up the good work!

3. choptvan

choptvan

56 actually. And it was rotted through. MOST of the car was rotted through. More so than we though. Building this one for a customer. And everytime I touch it, I find even more rust in it. So much so, he has decided he no longer has the funds to carry on.

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

This really sucks I was diggin this build :( now you can post all the chop pics though!!

5. Damn....really? I too was looking forward to it. What are his plans for the car now?

6. choptvan

choptvan

No worries guys.. I will be finishing the chop at least. Got so sick for a few weeks, that I got terribly behind. Kinda sux being only a 2 man operation sometimes!

7. choptvan

choptvan

Thanks! Yeah that was a long time ago! I have stepped it up a lot since then. Got a few more tools, more experience, more patience.....

9. choptvan

choptvan

You are the man Ralph! Thanks! I am proud to support not only my customers, but my military!

10. choptvan

choptvan

Got an update on the 38 GMC truck finally. She is sittin on the frame. Got a grille for it to. Just not sure what the grille is from. Took a lot more than we had planned. But that is becuase we had to clear out an entire trash can of mouse houses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my better half works for me. Pretty cool.

[​IMG]

looks like the stock firewall will work as well

[​IMG]

11. SOLID9

SOLID9
    from EuroTrip!

Whats up Shannon! It's nice to see things are going well for ya :)

12. 60 ford

60 ford

13. choptvan

choptvan

Hey my man! Whats goin on?! Things are def good as you can see! Still doin the euro trip?

14. SOLID9

SOLID9
    from EuroTrip!

Thats great man! Yeah I'm killing time in England nowadays. Check out the incredible welds thread, some of my latest evil doings are on there. Finally making some decent progress on the Buick as well.

15. choptvan

choptvan

I saw that while ago. Not the buik though. Got a thread on that yet slacker?

16. scadfeq

scadfeq
    from so cal

I effing love this car!!!!!!!

17. inlinr6

inlinr6

You do some nice work!

18. choptvan

choptvan

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

19. SOLID9

SOLID9
    from EuroTrip!

Nah not yet. Well there is an old one but it's rubish haha I'll get a new one going once I have something worthy to show :D Will be soon! Been bustin my ass on a new chassis.

20. choptvan

choptvan

send me a link when you do!

21. choptvan

choptvan

Got some more done on the 58 this last week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

not sure how many of you saw this before, but the pass rear was hit HARD and just mudded in rather than anything being pulled. I think I posted that earlier in this thread. A real mess. So what you see here is 3 panels used to make the side of the car like new again. This was real tricky.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. choptvan

choptvan

To make matters worse, the blue panel was off of the only belair I found in a large radius. Not very helpful. The lower part of the panel was damaged, and NO ONE makes this piece so we were stuck using what we could to get it right.

23. choptvan

choptvan

Been slavin pretty hard after work on my own truck. Picked up a few prized pieces. Should have the engine runnin by the weekend

[​IMG]

25. choptvan

choptvan

Yeah. For sure. The inline was cool, but oh well.

26. 53mercury

53mercury

Nice Y-block. Must feel like a luxury to work on your own stuff.:) Mike

27. "HEY!!" I just noticed. Green and White? Your not holding on mixed feelings about the ol Shoe Box are you? lol :D

28. choptvan

choptvan

That was the mainline. And yes I am. I actually have enough elft over from that project, to do the entire interior, and paint on this one! Pretty happy bout that. I did the line in those colors cause that's how I wanted the truck actually. Not the other way around!

29. choptvan

choptvan

Rat rods? I dont build em or sell em. That dodge pick up ( if that is what you mean by " rat rod " ) just isnt finished yet. It may not ever be now. Owner's life changed big time. So she is on the market. Same with the green truck. Tha will be done as well. Rat rods are a complete waste of time and money. IMO.

30. "So she is on the market" LMAO :D