Register now to get rid of these ads!

Decatur Swap Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SS#4, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Jedidiah

Jedidiah
    from Ft Worth

I went to the Thaw yesterday and am planning on going to Decatur today. I can be there in about an hour. Will there still be enough people to be worth while?

2. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

Hurry yer'ass everyone packs up and leaves by about noon on Sunday.

3. Anderson

Anderson

All the good deals are usually gone on Friday, I can't imagine there being anything left on a Sunday to make it worth the drive, let alone the dust filled lungs.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

rode around in the swap meet rattletrap today for an hour or so. It was thinning out fast. Guess I'll turn on the nascar race now and take a nap.

5. Jedidiah

Jedidiah
    from Ft Worth

Well, I decided to go. Alot of people packing up. Still saw some cool stuff and managed to find a deal on some wheel adapters I needed! I will go early on Saturday this fall for sure. It looks like a good meet.

6. flathead okie

flathead okie

Bought a 3 deuce intake with carbs, 40 Ford hood, Model A door, 34 Olds dash, chrome dipstick for trans, one of those Coca-Cola tin policemen for school crossings, Dr Pepper ad, and a reconditioned 35 Oklahoma licence plate. Spent $750 plus food gas and Motel, all at grand total.

7. SS#4

SS#4
    from Michigan

Likewise. I did have a good trip. Nice people, cars and parts well worth the time. I also made it out to the thaw on Friday nice track, I was diggin on the roadster pickups with injection and blowers. Home safe with my swap meet finds. thanks and see you again. Davin

8. carlboyd

carlboyd
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I try to go to Decatur every year. It's one of the best swap meets I go to. I've always been afraid to take the trailer, I don't have any room left now.

9. pecker head

pecker head

Anybody going tomorrow?

10. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I’ll be there

11. tryin' really hard not to.....and then I get a call about some "lost" parts that were going to go with the deal we made last year....only going to cost me another bill or two.....might be up there in the afternoon Saturday.....after I pick up the lost parts......save me some stuff !!!!!

kidcampbell71 likes this.