Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Rodders Journal Issue 53 Preview...I'm bustin at the seams!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LeadSledMerc, Nov 13, 2011.

1. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

finally bought a copy last night as it appears my sub ran out.

what a great article, keith! no wonder you've been so stoked.

2. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Will miracles never cease.. I finally got my issue in the mail today and it is outstanding! Congrats Keith! It's really neat to see your car in the car guy's bible.

3. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

CONGRATS ! I opened my TRJ last night and saw the layout on your Chevy. I fell in love with your car when it was in the primer stage. The car is outstanding, and nice to see it get the coverage in one of the premier Rod and Custom Magazines.
    [​IMG]

4. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Thanks very much guys...:cool:

That primer pic was when I was in the final thrash mode so I could get it out for it's debut at the last Road Agents show. I still remember how many hours I was spending in the garage.
    I'm surprised I survived...but we made it!!:D

5. gonzo

gonzo

My issue showed up yesterday, very good write up, congrats. I was glad that they mentioned Dave Paras' contribution, that guy doesn't get enough credit, probably because he's a dirt bag and pisses everyone off. FU Dave... Jerk!

6. Congrats Keith , it would be a big honour and exciting time being in TRJ !! As said before your vision of this model as a Cool Custom has paid off as the car looks outstanding and is just right , well done , you have your "Oscar" now ,

cad.

P.S. I hope to see my Copy of TRJ by March :D in Australia !!

7. Spike!

Spike!

It doesn't get any better than having your car shot by Steve Coonan for the finest coffee table book out there. It aint no magazine...

Spike

8. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

Congrats Keith, so whats next???? some thing to go drag race again. Jared

9. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

There's a '37 Ford P/U sitting in the wings...so we'll see about that, Jared! :D

10. glassguy

glassguy

haha dink, that was funny!!!!!!!!!!:D

11. zoomma

zoomma

Just got my issue and went right to your article.
    Great coverage. I can see why your so happy.
    I can see you smiling from here.

12. This couldn't have happened to a better guy...............Great shots, always loved that car.
    Tom

13. gonzo

gonzo

Thanks, It came from the heart.

14. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

Keith, really cool to see your Chevy in the Rodder's Journal! Congratulations!

15. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Congats man, I know the feeling Rod and Custom did a feature on my car years ago. A few months go by and I get an envelope in the mail, I open it up and my car is on the cover. (HOLY SHIT) Makes a guy feel like he did something right.

16. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Thanks...It sure helps justify all the hours in the garage and helps me believe it's not just another POS!!!:D

17. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Hey Keith, I've been ogling the TRJ coverage of your car for a couple weeks now and man... I just have to say that car is THE classiest damn thing I've seen in a long time.
    Seriously, it is just so right, so beautifully simple - I love it.

18. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Thanks cleatus, that means a lot coming from you!:D

I've said this before...it was yours and speedaddict's cars that first gave me the inspiration for my build. I've still got pictures of them hanging on my garage wall!

Your cars are absolutely gorgeous!!!:cool:

19. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A car like that belongs there. I admire the restraint you put into the build, and all of subtle mods blend really well. And a nailhead? Perfect choice IMO. I really like how it's almost dressed down rather than blinged out. You're in well deserved good company in that issue too with the GNRS custom coverage. A big thumbs up to ya for a beatiful car.

20. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

Sorry to bump this old thread Keith. Just wanted to say congrats man. Your car deserves it!!!

21. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Thanks much, Thomas...I really appreciate the kind words.

Like I've said many times before, it was your's and Cleatus' cars that gave me a lot of my inspiration. And the help you gave me early on in the project saved me a lot of trial and error time and money! Thanks again!!:cool: