Register now to get rid of these ads!

Texas Thaw 2012; Feb 24&25; What you bringing??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53ash, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Jedidiah

Jedidiah
    from Ft Worth

The gates open at 9:00AM Saturday morning.

2. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Well it was another fine race with excellent weather and the biggest attendance to date I'd be willing to bet.
    It was great seeing everyone.
    I allready can hardly wait for the next one.
    Thanx to the Torques for making it happen.
    P.S.The Gas House Gang RULES!!!!!!!!!
    P.S.S. you guys really gotta remember that that green coupe is a turbo pile and bump his ass up accordingly. LOL

3. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Yo Baby...for sure.........good seeing you again.........and hell yes, we had a blast runing our deal in Nostalgia Super Stock......another fine Thaw.......this time with some fine weather and plenty of good friends and food galore......

The best one yet.........even though I left the red lite on in the finals......

Mark

4. Dchaz

Dchaz

Had a great time, even though a fuel pump problem kept me from running bracket ( it's hard to dial in when you make three passes and run 9's, 11's and 12's. Came home sunburnt and worn out, but ready for next year..
    A big thank you to everyone involved putting this on.

5. 33willysgasr

33willysgasr

Didn't even make a pass, developed a severe frontend wobble. Still enjoyed all the cars and the cackle fest. Hopefully get to run next year! Definately want to go back its an awesome event!

6. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

7. saltracer

saltracer

Any pictures for those of us not fortunate enough to be there?

8. Stu55

Stu55
    from Dallas Tx

Hats off to Big Ken and the Torques for a FAB event!!!!!!! Can't wait until next year. I'll have a puke tank then so I can run the 46 down the track. Want to especially thank The Gas House Gang for picking my 46 as their pick of the show. An honor, and the last thing I expected, and what a SUPER COOL trophy!! Thanks guys! I'm looking for a special place in the garage or game room to hang it!

9. buckd

buckd

Had a great time. The race action really takes me back to the sixtys. Good food, and the car show had some pretty diversified styles and some beautiful rides. Thanks to the Torques and to Stretch for his pick of my ride!!!!!! BUCKD

10. pecker head

pecker head

^^^^^^^^^^^Dude your car ROCKS !!! nice to see it two weekends in a row !!!!!!!!!!

11. Dominick Hide

Dominick Hide

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  12. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

NICE!!!!!......Great Pics!!

13. QuadQuad

QuadQuad

WHAT A BLAST!!! Had a great time once again...

Tim, We gotta get together for some TNT sometime in Denton.

Toppin off my day at the track by driving Doc's car around the pits was the greatest! NOW I gotta build myself a coupe :D
    -QQ

14. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

What a blast, thanks Torques!

15. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

When i grow up i wan't a beard like ken...him and his palls rule!! Thanks guys for putting my car on the shirts and posters! Torques & gas house gang....are bad ass....jus say'n?!

16. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Thanks for posting that Dominick! Completely bitchin video and the pics are great as well!!! (High five) Here is my in car vid from time trials...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  17. Was the black chevy " Too Fat Too Fly " pulling the frontend? Saw him at the Day of The Drags last year and he pulled the front end up every time he left the line. Was great!

18. senior fried

senior fried

That's Herb, He's the man !!!

Attached Files:

19. senior fried

senior fried

Hey Stu, The Torques have done a great job on the show and Race , VIVA La Thaw ! And you are welcome for the Pick, the 46 is off the charts cool.... but you already know that .lol...

Attached Files:

20. ryno

ryno

Looks like this event is grown. Maybe time for me to get my ass down there!!

21. senior fried

senior fried

Yes, You must attend....

Attached Files:

22. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

I can't take all the credit dennis, in that pic mike ferrando "hemi28modelA" is driving! We had to put his coat and mine behind him so he could reach the pedals, haha! He also was a major contributor on the labor end of building this car, other than my self "nobody" knows as much about the biscayne than o'l mikey he too...is the man!!..

23. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

I didn't know that was Mike driving in that picture???! Hahahahaha!!! Kick ass!!!

24. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

Yes, that pass...changed his life!..there i said it!! Haha.

25. BISHOP

BISHOP

Great weekend, Im glad I went and will do it again next year.

26. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

27. wsdad

wsdad

I got there about 5:30pm Saturday but everything was over.

Next year, please put the schedule a little more prominently on the website. I thought I searched the entire page and clicked on everything - even things that were unclickable. All I saw were the dates at the top of the page.

Turns out the schedule was at the very bottom of the web page in a little box like you find all the internet advertising is in. I didn't even notice it until this morning when I went back to double check. Kevin and Jersey Rig, I'm pissed at both of you for making such a sucky website. Why would you hide the schedule in the small print?

Maybe I'll get to see it next year. Sounds like everyone had fun. It was a great event from all accounts and pictures.

28. misnglinc64

misnglinc64

29. Jedidiah

Jedidiah
    from Ft Worth

Thanks Torques! Had more fun this weekend than I have in a long time. I'll definitely be back next year. Great fun, cool cars it just don't get any better.

30. Big Tony

Big Tony

Big thanks to everyone who came out and supported this event... it means the world to us