Register now to get rid of these ads!

The "wrong" side of town. I wish I lived there! O.T.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brickster, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Brickster

Brickster

I'm sure it's the same in every town; I have only lived in two, Las Vegas, NV & Laramie, WY. There are always areas that have seemed to be the "_____ side of town" (insert your ethnic group of choice). Now stay with me. What if fabricators, car builders, machinists, painters, body men, and anyone with a career based around cars lived in one part of town. I'm sure we're all in about the same tax bracket so one middle class neighborhood could work. So now every town should just start to develop a car builders neighborhood. Laramie is small enough that it almost like that already but whenever I move back to Vegas I'll have to keep an eye out for that "Right side of town"

Can you imagine your street being a cross section of car builders, advice only a few houses away. The block parties would be awsome.

What do you guys think?

2. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

My next door neighbor builds nothing but fords. He has a thunderbolt clone with a 427 in progress. Next to him the guy has a 67 390-4spd galaxy and a t-bucket,speed boat. Across the street the guy builds nothing but Mopar. Behind me an old guy[like me] has a 36 ford slant back. Next to him the guy has a 57 wagon ,2x4's, some type of cobbled up 30's truck, 2 50 fords and a ton of other stuff. Directly behind him theres a 56 nomad,55 two door post. Me , i like to build them all. I have a 51 ford club coupe, 50 merc, 59 buick. So I guess living on this side of town ain't bad. TP p.s. all the neighbors hate us, but there's more of us than them.

3. What is living in Laramie like? I don't care for L.V.

4. Thats a nice idea Brickster-But HAVIN':) your own town is better.......

Attached Files:

5. Brickster

Brickster

It's like a normal town except it snowed in June and we don't have a Home Depot.

I was born in Vegas and spent 25 years there, have lots of family and I will always be attached but I can understand why some people don't like it.

6. RoadKat

RoadKat

For some reason theres always that one crank whos worried about property values, even tho they will never move. Some how I dont get what the big deal is. I like the wrong side of town.

7. I've always lived on the wrong side of town.
    We finally thought we had it made here in the neighborhood. A red neck or two but just your basic working class neighborhood.
    Then around February they closed down some of the projects in mid-town and relocated a lot of the people to rental property right here in the neighborhood. Shazaaaam, I'm on the wrong side of town again. Crap it all.

It did raise property value though, now the slum lords want to buy up houses here and turn them into section 8 houses.

8. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

the town i grew up in started out as construction based blue collar workers. over time every one helped each other on there homes. over time as the builder move on to the next project they sold off the home getting big money. Now the town has become sooo high end people are buying houses for $700,000 and coming in with a bulldozer and knocking it down.

I am the bad part of town my nebiors complained about the noise of my cars and bikes once. for a week after that i made sure i went out a 2 am for a joy ride.

9. "When I was a kid, my folks always warned me to stay away from the 'wrong side of town.' But one day I took decided to take a chance, and so I rode my bike across the tracks to see how they lived. And do you know what? I discovered that some of 'those people' lived in nice, well-kept homes. Actually, as I remember it now, I guess they were all really nice. In fact, they were all a lot bigger and nicer than our house."

-- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

10. DrJ

DrJ

The Denny's by the I-80 is the reason I haven't set foot in a Denny's in 17 years but the rest of the town is really nice, fron what I saw cruising around part of a morning while doing the "See the USA in a Chevrolet!" thing.
    The University has a nice Art gallery too.

11. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

you guys are just plain trashy,i don't want any of you living near me!i'm theguy everybody hates here,and i don't want any competition!! randy

12. In '84 I moved into my house and it was mostly working class stiffs like me all around me. Most had kids and the street was always full of hotrods and little kids. Now, the little kids have grown up and moved away and got their own hotrods. Every once in awhile, I'll hear a big cam motor and look out my garage to see a neighbor's kid in his hot rod, visiting his parents. This includes my kid. It never changes in my 'hood.
    Sometimes I'll wake up Saturday morning to the sound of my neighbor doing a little tuning on his racer mustang with a 347 stroker in it and open headers. How can you get mad at being woke up with a healthy V/8 with open headers?
    At one time, there were 5 different [steel] 32 fords in my little neighborhood, not to mention a really nice 31 closed cab pu, a 36 chevy sedan, several shoeboxes, a 56 chevy, 3 different 60's pontiacs, my 33 ford pickup and the kee-yid with the loud mustang.....all cars built in the owner's home shops/garages....

13. DrJ

DrJ

I wouldn't want to live near anyone who would want to be my neighbor....
    :cool:

14. riverrat

riverrat

i wouldnt want to belong to a club, that would have me for a member.

riverrat

15. fatcaddi

fatcaddi

my only neighbor is a biker, so im all good he dont mind the truck fireing up open header and i dont mind him comeing home at 2 in the morn drunk on his straghit pipe harley,,,,

and hey brick i dont know if you remeber me i graduated from tech in march 04 i had the 65 cadillac that i shaved and sprayed in white sealer, they used to call me fat jackson, and i had thomas for an instructor, also im the guy from havasu, heres a pic of the car you might remember it.

Attached Files:

16. Brickster

Brickster

Yea I remember you, If I remember your car correctly it was green before you sprayed it and you were going to fab skirts but changed you mind.

17. brandokust

brandokust

I got lucky, i live a stones throw from the Tardels, Mike Bishop and Flathead Jack are a hop and a skip away, and theres a little hot rodding flavor growing in the town just north of me. Cyclone Kevin also just hooked me up with his older bro who i've lived down the street from for years and never known about.

18. du$ty

du$ty

i live right behind Bass,MarkX and Honest shop/homestead downtown.then right in the same complex of buildings is Limelight a little custom shop here in Dallas.its pretty cool.people are always stoppng by...its nice to live next to like minded guys.and i can always trust those guys to keep an eye out.

19. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

My neighbors always know where to borrow the WD45 or a wheelbarrow,someone to sharpen their lawnmower blade or whatever.

A couple of them make Damn good cookies and cupcakes too.

They also wonder when I am going to grow up!!

20. tred

tred

hey brickster,

tatts and i are gonna make a certain section of henderson (hooterville) the way you describe , the locals and the neighborhood nazis don't know it yet, but they'll soon learn when they hear me roar down the street to tatts' house and we are wrenchin' on his shoebox all night long...

the folks in summerlin just won't have it, so off to hooterville i go...

tred.

21. Brickster

Brickster

I hate Summerlin! you can't do anything in those communities

22. fatcaddi

fatcaddi

yep that was me , i didnt do the skirts cause they didnt flow with the car, and i didnt want to make square skirts to match the body lines.i blew the engine in the caddi on the drive home from school just outside st.george utah 700 miles of the 1000 mile drive, im building a 472 for it now, and i just broke my 32 pickup on sunday, i blew the rear end, so me and a buddy are doing a back half with a mustang 8 inch,