Register now to get rid of these ads!

Termites and Bowties- Early Chevy Group

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29bowtie, Jan 7, 2009.

1. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

Look at this

Attached Files:

2. 1932Roadster I hope you'll do a build thread on your car. Should be one sweet looking ride!

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

nos drags 002.jpg nos drags 001.jpg nos drags 004.jpg Posted before and here again, my Standard '35 phaeton and a friends Master '35 Sloper (All enclosed coupe), both Holden bodies, not Fisher.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  4. [​IMG][/IMG]my 33 Chevy retired drag car on the streets from NJ via TX and finally in IA

this is a pic from over 20yrs ago in TX from a previous owner !!!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
    mgtstumpy likes this.
  5. [​IMG][/IMG] old pics I got from one of the past owners after digging for years to get some history

6. [​IMG][/IMG]heres another - this was the paint as it was recieved from NJ but was drag raced for awhile then stripped and sold off as a roller

7. [​IMG][/IMG]If anyone has any record of this car from its time in NJ I would greatly appreciate it - would love to hear about it and see older pics from then

8. sololobo

sololobo

Here is my first ride a 33 tu-door, a one owner 32,000 mi car. Interior was a 10+, blankets over seats since new, always garaged, no one had ridden in the car except owner/driver. Had a blast driving it since age 12, orig drive train with two carb flanges cut and welded to stock maniford to give a 3-1 brrl intake, looks only, homemade dual exhaust with straight pipes. My Dad and I did this with help from my buddy who painted it in a dirt floor garage. It was one of the first flame job cars in the area. Oh, the good old days, photo is at the drag races at 13 years old. ~sololobo~

Attached Files:

9. 1932roadster

1932roadster

Thanks! The build thread should be started as soon as we recover from the money going into the new OT (LSX) engine.

The OT engine will be on the engine dyno in March. We are going to be running around 20psi of boost and should make between 1000-1200hp at the crank on boost alone with this supercharger. We are having a new blower made for it that should do as much as 30psi of boost and 1400-1600hp at the crank on boost alone. We also have the ability to run Nitrous on top of boost and the current system is capable of a 600hp shot through the supercharger.

We build supercharger packages for newer LS V8 applications. I wanted to have a shop vehicle that was a promotion for what we build and yet fills my personal desire for Hot Rods. The current shop vehicle is an OT TrailBlazer SS that will be leaving as a roller at the end of the year.

www.leftcoast32.com

http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewvehicle.php?id=14026

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  10. an LS in a Hot Rod ??

11. 1932roadster

1932roadster

Wait till you see the pictures and dyno videos. It is a Hot Rod Engine.

12. I do not doubt that it is strong & faaaast - just one helluva Street Rod engine -I am not haten at all

13. KraQer

KraQer
    from Austin TX

[​IMG]
    My 31 chevy needs the 29-31 bowtie if anyone can send one over.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  14. 30 chev coach, late fifties early sixties inspired
    [​IMG]

15. fordflambe

fordflambe

Nice Coach...............i see it came home with the wood.......did you replace it with steel? I would like to see some pics of the structure if you replaced the wood.........I am thinking about steel when i go through mine again........once again, Great ride!

16. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston

My 1936 2 door sedan with wood interior framing.

[​IMG]

17. patrod

patrod
    from idaho

1929 2door sedan, blown big blk,good to see other bowtie survivors!

18. rockbottom

rockbottom
    from PA

Count me in with my project 34!

19. SSDually

SSDually

Im all in with my Grainery Find! I guess the thermites were too busy feeding on the grain that they were full when they got to the car. All the wood is still in tact. I'll start the build thread soon!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mgtstumpy likes this.
  20. CFM

CFM
    from Santa Rosa

I'm in with a '29 coupe. I don't have any good photos of the car. ill have to get some.

21. Joe Tx

Joe Tx

I'm finally getting back to working on my '31. Have been gathering parts and money. I need a set of running board brackets. Any of you guys have a set of left over running board brackets that you might want to part with. I Could really use a full set as I only got the back two with my car and they had been shortened, don't know why??? Please let me know if you have some.

Anyway, here's a couple of pictures of my '31 coupe turned roadster a long time ago. Thanks, Joe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mgtstumpy likes this.
  22. Joe Tx nice 31! How long have you been working on it? Hope you'll keep us updated on the project.

23. fordflambe

fordflambe

Joe Tx.....check out Ebay.....there is a dude selling coach boards and from the pics they may be off of a salvage car.........

Look for "31 CHEVY COACH 2 DOOR RUNNING BOARD RT".....send him a note to see if the brackets are any good and or available.............

24. dwaynerz

dwaynerz

got a 35 chevy master that hasnt succumbed to termites yet. it a 2 door if anybody needs a roof to help with their chop top.

pm me if interested. will go cheap.

25. 1938ute

1938ute
    from australia

I'll join in I have a 33 and 34 roadsters and a 38 ute. No wood in any of them now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And a sedan wreck I will make into a roadster at some point.
    [​IMG]
    Cheers Steve.

mgtstumpy likes this.
  26. Got rid of the wood on mine too. Replaced it steel square tubing. No more termites!

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy likes this.
  27. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

I have this 34 Master

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
    mgtstumpy likes this.
  28. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

29. Joe Tx

Joe Tx

Guess most of us that can't do good wood work, have to work with what we got and go to metal instead of wood. Trying to re-do my roadster from my high school days in '66. Not quite the same but will have to do. Joe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mgtstumpy likes this.
  30. fordflambe

fordflambe

I built this coach back in 72/73 with my dads assistance. I couldnt afford a complete wood kit so i bought right side from Obsolete Chevrolet in Nashville. My dad and i used the new right side for a reverse pattern for the left side. Problem with wood is it shakes and the nails and screws need to be tightened from time to time (as a result from running the freeways at 70mph). Reflecting on the job, steel would most definitely be safer for a street rod. If mine comes apart again during retirement, it will be updated with steel.

Great pictures guys! Keep those Stove Bolts on the road!

Attached Files: