Register now to get rid of these ads!

sbc flathead valve covers ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950 silver bullet, Feb 25, 2012.

1. 1950 silver bullet

1950 silver bullet
    from Austin, TX

did anyone see them on e/b ? and what did you think ???

2. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Reminds me of the time I used to see the local pimp driving around talking on his wooden cellphone.

3. F&J

F&J

Not my cup of tea, BUT a hamber makes those! Dennis O'brien, I forgot his hamb name 59wagon or something like that. He will fix you up.

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I bet back in the fifties, you could have sold fake SBC valve covers for flatties. Oh, the irony!

5. The buick round vents from WalMart are popular in certain circles also... guess there is a market for anything.

6. Apparently there is a market for all things fake..I don't get it.
    I love womens breasts, SBC's, and Flathead Fords, but I don't want any of them fake..why would anybody?..yet, another unsolved mystery to me.

7. cruzr

cruzr

Ditto:cool:

8. brad chevy

brad chevy

Kinda remiinds me of the guy that paid an outrageous price for a Hemi Roadrunner,when all it was a 440 with a fake Hemi Kit.

9. sbc flathead valve covers

I can't say to much, because I have Olds valve covers on my 502 in the divco

Attached Files:

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I must admit, the rad hoses go REALLY well with those...

11. afaulk

afaulk

12. SvenOla

SvenOla
    from Sweden

Ooooh so true !

13. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

isnt it the SBC guys telling the flatheads guys that flatheads are a dead engine?? Then they disprove it buy making flathead valve covers for the SBC..This is the nail in the coffin for the debate over SBC versus the flathead...flatheads just beat yo ASS

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Fake boo.... oh, you're talking about valve covers. Disregard pic below.:eek:

Attached Files:

15. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

16. F&J

F&J

Ok, i will say i was being polite..... but as you want to know "what I think"...

If you had toilet paper hanging off the back of your pants, wouldn't you want to be told? :D Seiously, everyone at shows will think how freaking lame it is. It is lame. Want to play "vintage motor" ?... Then pay the dues.

17. Strangest case of posing ever.

18. Jack Luther

Jack Luther

tfeverfred- I can disregard the photo in your post, but not the one in your avatar.

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

DON'T SEND ME A PM! (I've gotten about 12, so far!) Her name is Candy Barr. Google her.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  20. I'd hit it .... oh, yeah back to Steve .... I like the "toilet paper hanging out the ass"analogy ... seems fitting for these VCs.

21. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

I could probably put up with the women's breasts.

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Funny, I almost posted something about her on the "stripping with grinders" thread, but I kinda figured I'd stirred enough shit lately...:rolleyes:

23. Hot Rod Chris

Hot Rod Chris

I love the HAMB...:D

24. Not all things fake are bad ... plenty of people out there with false teeth. More than a few out there with prosthetic limbs. How many people over 50 still have their original hair color?

OK, this argument could go on forever ... my opinion regarding the flathead/SBC cover? Not my cup of tea personally, but I can totally see some people out there interested in the flathead look but really don't want to have to deal with cracked blocks, overheating, unreliability etc but still want the "flavor" of a vintage engine.

25. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

x2. get a flatty if you want the look. flatheads are badass. and the fact that every1 wants to hide an sbc in different ways is ridiculous. there bitchin motors too, just make your small block look good. i know every1 has one, but if you have it dont cover it up. its gonna start looking like new cars and there trash can lid engine bay covers.

26. X2. Hahahaha.

I saw these the other day on eBay and instantly thought yuck!

27. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Fake Tittys taste funny" as someones profile says. A fake is a fake is a fake.

28. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

About as dumb as these:

[​IMG]

29. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

[​IMG]

Well, Maybe, Dumber...

30. jimbo121

jimbo121

Funny how things come back into fashion. Fake bits, kinda like assless pants. Whats the point?