Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Trophie build signup billetproof florida

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roosters hot rods, Oct 6, 2011.

1. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Cool jake keep me posted on the progerss..and don it sounds like you two built something killer...can't wait to see it..you can just bring it up with you no need to send it to me..

Rooster

2. Choptop

Choptop

Its gettin close!!! cant wait to see the trophies...

3. jcillch

jcillch

mine'll be done this week

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I am leaving mine blank as far as lettering, last year the pinstripers fancied up all the trophies. Is that ok or should I have a local sign shop do the lettering here? I don't mind having it done here, but those guys really did a great job last year and understand hot rods.

Don

5. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Don we always let the pinstripers put there touch on them....they always do a great job!////we are getting close now,,

Rooster

6. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Roosta, ya need one made out of a nice old Trico vacuum fan.

7. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Greg there seems to be a shortage of them...can't find one,someone must be hording them...hahhaa

8. orangecoupe

orangecoupe
    from florida

Will do body basher if Dave doesent want it

9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Dan got ours all welded up but he also thought it wasn't tall enough, so we added some more stuff to it. I hope whoever wins it has a crane to lift it with, there is a lot of steel in this baby ! :eek::D

I decided to have part of it powder coated and should have that back mid this week. I painted part of it yesterday and plan on finishing up the rest today. I have to say building one takes a lot more thought and work than I ever imagined. I figured you take a bunch of leftover car related stuff, weld them together and it's done. No way, after seeing the quality and hard work put into the ones at last year's show, I wanted ours to attempt to be at least somewhat presentable.

But it feels good to be able to give something back to the Billetproof organization and event. :)

Don

10. shocker998md

shocker998md

last years best wagon was awsome. Me and my wife loved that trophy.

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Whenever I go to a show and see the table full of plastic trophies they just look so cheesy compared to the handmade ones so many talented people devote their time to for Billetproof. Whoever came up with the idea of having people do these really scored a home run. :) Winning one of these becomes an honor.

Don

12. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

You are correct, cool stuff.

13. Thanks! That means a lot to me...

This years is going to be nuts... :D

We need a check in from those building the following trophies... give Rooster a call or a PM when you get a chance.

Best Interior
    Best Hot Rod
    Best Truck
    Sickest Cycle

And we still have the Body Basher trophy spot unclaimed... It's gonna take a lot to outdo Mr. Lockwood, anybody up for it? Send Rooster or I a PM...

Viva la Swamp Kings!

14. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Body basher is still up for grabs....if you have choose to build a trophy and have already signed up please give me an up date if you have not already...

Thanks Rooster

15. dv8

dv8

Hey fool!

I already told you not to worry about the "Best Hot Rod" one....

We're on track, and have a backup done if the other deal doesn't work out. :)

16. msuguydon

msuguydon

Yesterday was Trophy building day For the Swamp Kings at Roosters Shop. Getting ready for Billetproof 2012

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. The world is yours...

18. Sonny Depalma

Sonny Depalma
    Member Emeritus

One from the Salvagerz a couple years back.

Attached Files:

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Slickest Cycle, I put a gas cap on it and it needs to be lettered by the mighty El Shanebo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Damn, that's pretty, Nads. Got mine back from the powder coater, now I just have to finish up painting a few parts and mine is done.

Don

21. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Cool don i can't wait to see it ! couple more weeks..

Rooster

22. Jake D 56

Jake D 56

Minibike trophy almost done...... Just needs a neck bolt and grips once the clearcoat dries completely...

[​IMG]

23. Just a little blast from the past... The trophy table from 3 years ago at Big's...

The quality of the trophies keeps going up and up... Thanks again everyone!

Attached Files:

24. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Can't wait to see all the good stuff everybody built this year !

25. boutlaw

boutlaw

Its gonna be a good time. Can't wait to get there!

26. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I finally got ours done. :D Have to say that making one of these is a lot harder than I ever thought. I scrapped two earlier versions and finally ended up with this one.

[​IMG]

The copper colored parts are a 40 Ford front brake drum and the wrench is from some old industrial plant, we shortened it a bit. The red is actually red flake powdercoat, and it weighs a TON. :eek: I figure the pinstripers can do their thing and letter :Billetproof 2012 and Best Competition Car" on the wrench.

Hope whoever wins it likes it, and if not there is a lot of steel and scrap prices are up right now. :D

Don

27. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Wow ! Don that looks great !! Great idea..

See you this week.. Rooster

28. Choptop

Choptop

NOTE FOR ALL BRINGING TROPHIES TO BILLETPROOF FL:

if your trophies need pinstriping, please get them to the trophy table/pinstripers EARLY!!!!!!!
    (this will be next to the Billetproof Merch booth)

The stripers donate their time and art on the trophies, but if they trickle in all day long as the stripers come and go doing paid gigs someone can get stuck doing all the trophies... not fun or fair to them. Get your torphies in early. When you drop your trophy off be SURE to let Melissa (the tall SuperModel looking chick at the Billetproof Merch Booth) know that you have done so and she will give you instructions on what to do next/picking your winner/letting the winner know/letting Billetproof know/giving out the trophy.

29. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Thanks Rooster. I kinda liked my first two attempts but then Dan got involved and you know how that went. He kept telling me it needed to be taller, and with steel taller means heavier. :eek: At least I know his welds will hold up. :D

Don

30. These are the ones we did, minus the Best wagon, which is getting painted tonight. I can tell you that there got to be over 100 man hours in these things...

Attached Files: