Register now to get rid of these ads!

'32 Sedan build... previously roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Minewithnoshine, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

I'll have plenty of build threads, we're backed up for the next 4-6 months at least here!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

nice car,chop looks on the money

3. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

GReat lines! Just enough off the top. Very Bonnevillish

4. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

I cant even begin to explain how jealous I am of your metalworking and finishing skills.

5. Terry Buffum

Terry Buffum
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Oregon

This is very much what I dreamed of building in 1951 when I bought a '32 sedan for $20. Unfortunately, I had neither the skills nor the money to do it, so it went down the road a couple of years later when my older brother bought a '34 and we put a 322 Buick into it. Our parents would only let us have one "non-running car" at a time, so Bob's won out.

6. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Got the engine nice and happy down in the frame, that was about the last major thing I need to do before making good progress. I used some stock DeSoto engine mounts, cut all the rubber off them to get to the bracket itself and shaped up some 1/4" plate to make them. I TIG'd it all together, then smoothed them out with carbide burrs and hand files for a once piece look. This thing is planted! Clearance is TIGHT but it all fits, with enough to spare safely. Chipping away slowly!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. knotttty

knotttty

awesome... I am amazed by the work you do..... when my friends come over... they always want to see your updates,.... amazing work... I always look forward to your posts...

Roy

8. beautiful job so far!

9. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

doin a 32 sedan proud,nice work

10. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

11. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Really nice work. Definately went to the right guy. My orifices puckered a bit when the chop happened but it came out bitchin'. Too many chopped sedans look "stepped on"....somehow the proportions are off. Yours is great. Keep it up.

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Excellent build. Glad you didn't let the "restorers" talk you out of the chop. Keep us up to date with any future progress.

Frank

13. kiwicowboy

kiwicowboy
    from linwood nc

Just found this one been off the web for awhile like the build always loved 32s.

14. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Thanks again guys!

I'll be back on it going hard this week. Had to take a little get away up to Detroit this weekend for the Autorama, gotta see all the great cars up here!

15. Ya got to dig those chopped 2drs. Nice work dude. You sent it to the right guys to finish up the chop. They do killer work. Keep it moving.

16. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Agree 100% You will never regret getting in the sedan and being able to see out of it.

Attached Files:

17. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

I guess I got here too late

18. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Windshield is a dollar bill high now. Gotta have the sinister look. As the :Bones say, "needs to look like its going 100mph sitting still"

19. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

20. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Those motor mounts are a piece of art!

21. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Finally got the firewall fit today. I had to cut a lot off the trans adapter to clear the trans tunnel opening, it looks MUCH better now as well with no extra material sticking out. The valve cover is about 1/8" from the firewall now though, so some clearancing will be needed.

22. fitzee

fitzee

just found this!! how i miss it!! looks great and ill be watching this closely.