Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from the Netherlands….

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by bagged/delight, Feb 25, 2012.

1. bagged/delight

bagged/delight

Hi guys and gals, my name is Paul i'm just another gearhead living in the Netherlands.
    I have been checking the forum a couple of times before, but i now found it's time to register;)
    I have been around American classic cars for the last 20 years, and it is now our lifestyle.. ..i don't have to explain this phenomenon…it just happens:D
    Over the years we (me & my wife Kim) have collected a few rides, sold some, got another one and now we have:
    '64 Impala Coupe SS / investment project
    '64 Impala Wagon / My daily
    '68 Belair Wagon / Kim's daily *
    '78 Chevy pick-up with a '88 body / future radical project
    The Belair has recently been restored and had a new paintjob….just needs a ton of little things done to it to make the rebuild complete, but the car is on hold at the moment, because my wife was diagnosed with lung cancer a couple of months ago…..she had treatment but it still creeps around and that has spread in her brain…she is not to drive any car or motorcycle for the coming 6 months until she had more treatments:( but we're not just giving up)
    The '64 Wagon is the car i'm working on right now and had a ton of work already done..
    Check it out at: http://s1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/B_Lowrider/Impala Wagon 1964/
    Hope you enjoy….i'll be checking back later,

2. Mats W

Mats W

Welcome from Sweden :) !

3. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Welcome from Finland!
    I hope your wife will be ok after the treatments.My mom had a cancer too,but it looks like she survived at the moment.So i know how hard times that can be to the family.

4. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from Haarlem!

5. 150 Wagon

150 Wagon

Welcome, from Weeki Wachee, Florida. Sorry to read about your wife....keep up the good fight.

David

6. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Paul: Welcome from the west coast of Florida.

You really have a great car collection going and I wish you and your wife the best.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!!! It's God's Gift to the both of you.

Jimbo

7. robleticia

robleticia

Welcome from Texas! Best wishes for you and your wife.

8. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

welkcome from Sweden

9. art.flame

art.flame

welcome from Apeldoorn

10. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome from Indiana!

11. swe64

swe64

wellcome from sweden

12. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

13. bagged/delight

bagged/delight

munchos thankyu's guys for the warm welcome…:D
    I was in Sweden in 2005 at the Bigmeet in Vastaraz…….WOW biggest us car meet in europe…..had a super journey, a awesome time and met some cool people.
    Last April, me and Kim went to Las Vegas, got married and had a hell of a good one at the Viva Las Vegas Hot-Rod meet.
    Travelled around for a couple of days to check out the Grand Canyon……unfuckingbelieveble:eek: that place is just magic!!
    We have the wish to do another road trip in the U.S., but we've gotta wait and see how the treatment and health from Kim goes…….
    Until we go there, i have tons of other stuff to do when i'm at home;) as i have fuel in my vains, i'm always working on one of our cars or bikes.
    At the moment i'm getting the '64 wagon ready to go to the dutch D.M.V.to get it tested, approved and registered. (it was imported 3 1/2 years ago and was kept in a barn until i found it there:p)
    Body and frame have been welded, cleaned and painted and are back together again, next is installing the complete propane kit..all the gasoline parts are gone. (tank, fuel-line, fuel-pump and carb) then i'll see the D.M.V.
    …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
    I'll post the rest of the progress in a different thread…

>>looking for a tailgate window crank for my '64 Impala<<

14. bagged/delight

bagged/delight

..next on the program is my air-ride installation, i have a brand new FBSS set from Airbagit. [​IMG]

, just waiting for the front brackets to come in. ( i ordered the set for the '68 wagon, but changed my mind about it when i found the '64 in the barn)

:D I can't wait to scrape :D

>> Still looking for a tailgate window crank for my '64 Impala<<

15. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana.

16. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I was in Västerås in 2005 too!
    I havent been there after that,but i've heard its gone even bigger than it was back then.
    I was there with my non hambfriendly dailydriver that i used to own then,85' Caprice STW..

17. wouterftw

wouterftw

Another welcome from Gelderland!

18. welcome from Landhorst (NB)

Groeten Jurgen

19. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

20. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.

21. Welkom/welcome Paul from Holland too.

I have been to Vasteras in 2005 and 2006 and had a great time there

Good luck and hopefully your wife will be enjoying her Impala in the near future too

Groeten en sterkte Hennie, Goeree Overflakkee