Register now to get rid of these ads!

Don "Big Daddy" Garlits

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by misigis, Feb 22, 2012.

1. My prayers and thoughts are with you both. We started together back at the Golden Triangle drag strip and I will always by a fan. Your wife is such a fine person and I know she is in God's loving hands.

2. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Don, you know from personal experience what the Lord can do in the healing department. May his healing hand reach down and touch Pat and make her whole again. Nothing is impossible with the Lord. I'll be sending prayers on Pat's behalf. Stay strong but lean on Him when the load is too much to bear.

Frank

3. KutlassKim

KutlassKim

Prayers to you Big Daddy and your lovely wife Pat. Happy 59th Wedding Anniversary also. (Feb. 20) Here's to many more !!

4. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

From the staggered front wheels to the great museum always an innovator, Garlits. good luck hope things get better.

5. 1bustedbuick

1bustedbuick

God bless you Don and God is definitely with you and your family. Look back and reflect and thank God again. You are and always will be an inspiration to all of us fans. The first time watched you run in Michigan at the age of 9 till now at the age of 41. God bless you and thank you and your family. :D:D:D

6. Wishing and praying for both of you. God Bless.

7. Luckyred53

Luckyred53

Met Don in 1971 match racing against Shirley Muldowney boy was he mad that day she took 2 of 3 races - he has been my hero since i knew what a car was. My prayers are with you and Pat,may God bless you both,from the Crutchfields

8. anteek

anteek

Any updates;it's been nearly a week!

9. 1953girlracer

1953girlracer
    from Redlands

My thoughts are with you and your wife.

Sent from chick's iPad using TJJ

10. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thoughts and prayers to you and the missus, Big! We love you.

11. blinddaddykarno

blinddaddykarno

I did a book report on that book in grade school, got an A! Thoughts and prayers go out to Don, Pat and family.

12. oldmankohout

oldmankohout

I had an email from Don last week and just spoke with his person at the museum. Don did not have a 'stroke' (thank God) but was totally exhausted for the ordeal. Don is doing OK however, his wife Pat, is not. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Garlits family and friends.

13. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Couldn't agree more ! I only met him once at his museum in Ocala. He took time from his busy schedule to make my 10-year-old son feel very special. Thanks again Don. We are praying for you and yours.

John ( and Christopher )

14. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Prayers and well-wishes for Pat. May she recover very soon!

15. 51 Henry J

51 Henry J

May the Lord keep and bless you both, may His face shine upon you both, and give you peace. AMEN. God be with you and your wife Don.

16. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Prayers for recovery for both of you,, hopefully God isnt ready for either of you yet,,

17. Prayers sent up to the "Big Daddy" in the sky for our own "Big" here on earth and for Pat as well. God wont give you anything you cant handle. Just a little more than you think you can.

18. johnnyjalopy

johnnyjalopy

prayers to the Garlits family..johnny

19. old tin 38

old tin 38

Prayers and best wishes to the whole Garlits family. I met Don in 1974 or '75 at Seattle National event. He took a couple of minutes to talk to a punk from northern Canada and made my day....still remember that day over and over !:D

20. My prayers go out to the family.

21. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for update

22. Has there been any news on Don Garlits or Pat?

23. Deuces

Deuces

Last I heard, they were doing fine....

24. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Truthfully when I saw the thread title before clicking on it I literally dreaded clicking on it. We have lost so many great great racers in the last few years, especially this year, but not only great racers but extraordinary people especially Mr. Garlits. This is a man of conviction, integrity, honor and respect. I literally prayed it wasnt a death thread. Don I not only hope you are doing better but that your wife recovers, with a beautiful family such as yours it is so hard to recover from losing a part of yourself.

25. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Prayers to the both of you, you have always been my #1 Driver, I started watching you before I could drive. I have been dreaming of getting to the museum for years..its just never happened for me.. I am sure the good lord knows what is best for you and yours, he will take care of you and your wife. God Bless...A huge fan, Jim

26. jamesdmikesell

jamesdmikesell
    from utah

don and pat you have always been special to our family i hope that you and pat are doing well best wishes Nancy Hilbish

27. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

The Garlits family is in our thoughts........

4TTRUK

28. steelfix

steelfix
    from Florida

I live in Semiole Fl and met with you at world of wheels with my 61 vette and chatted for an hour...you don't have to wait for a green light stay well you and Pat have my prayers.
    Bobby

29. 1beatnik

1beatnik
    from indiana

Great guy, not many people as humble as "BIG DADDY", I hope his wife Pat gets better soon. I just got done reading his book my dad picked up for me on the way back from florida, its a great story.