Register now to get rid of these ads!

How much are Fenton flathead V8 heads worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nevadagear, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Nevadagear

Nevadagear

I have a set of Fenton aluminum high performance heads (front outlet I think) for a flathead Ford V8 and am wondering what they might be worth. Anybody care to estimate?

Thanks.

2. 2 bucks and a pack of bubble gum.;)

FYI those are 49-53 8BA heads if they are front outlet. Not sure on $$$$ but worth a bit if in good shape.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
    Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  3. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

Depends on what they will fit, if they fit my 53 ford vic flatty I'll see your 2 bucks and a raise you a mentos!

4. Chuck Embrey

Chuck Embrey

stillrunners likes this.

5. $207.95 with 4 days left those will at least hit $300

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Right now, there are market forces other than original quality or image or use by racers...
    It seems like currently any flathead aluminum that is unusual brings lots of money, anything that you cannot currently buy new.

7. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Right.....basically, it's the reverse of what it was fifty years ago. The weirder or more obscure the brand, the more it brings. Look at the prices that the really early dual carb intakes for flatheads bring, and most of them didn't work worth a damn, compared to the later manifold designs. Look at the megabucks that an Edmunds intake for something like a straight eight Packard commands, and I can remember when you played hell getting twenty bucks for one.

8. I remember giving 25 bucks for a pair of Offies a 2x2 and a mallory distributer. Today everything is just the reverse of what it was 40 years ago.

I don't know what the fentons are worth, I'll bet they would go for fair money at least.

9. Nevadagear

Nevadagear

Cool, thanks for all the quick responses, this is definitely a very active forum!

Certainly food for thought.

The heads are in reasonably good shape (I think), very clean (looks to have been sandblasted), no cracks, but have a few broken cooling fins, and one of the compression/squish? chambers has some piston scarring (hopefully it's still useable). Here's some pics, let me know what ya think:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Looks like that thing was involved with something catastrophic....

11. 50specialdeluxe

50specialdeluxe

yeah, those don't look any good at all, you better just let me take em off your hands so I can make some nice wall art with em...:)

12. 19Fordy

19Fordy

They are worth whatever you would be willing to pay for them.

13. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Looks like half of the used aluminum flathead heads I see. It seems that a piston disintegrating in at least one hole was the norm.

14. Seems to me you'll have the answer on the value in about 4 days by watching the eBay listing.

15. Nevadagear

Nevadagear

Hmmm...I've already searched ebay for Fenton heads and came up empty...somehow I missed that auction...I'll have to check again.

16. BrianN155

BrianN155

I know it’s been years but do you still have these Fenton heads? Love to buy them from you.

17. 5window

5window

You'd be better off sending the OP a PM. He only ever had 5 posts and nothing since 2012. Good luck.

BrianN155 and stillrunners like this.