Register now to get rid of these ads!

Official 2012 Viva Las Vegas Thread - THE VENTURES & DUANE EDDY Headlining Car Show!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Looking forward to it!! 9th year in a row!!

2. Kerry67

Kerry67

Can't wait. Best weekend of the year for me. See ya there Axle.

3. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Axle,

We are looking forward to being there again. You guys do a great job on putting the show together.

4. firemansteve

firemansteve
    from AUSTRALIA

I'm a first timer to VLV,comin over from Australia and already have my 4 day pass. Anyone out there got any tips for a newby to VLV.
    Steve

5. M.Edell

M.Edell

Damn Axle, thats pretty Cool!

6. Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  7. sololobo

sololobo

What a cool line up, best wishes for a great show!! Tired Iron, what a great Merc. Killer non cookie cutter cruzer, have a blast man. Big Sandy and the Fly Rite Boys swing like nobody else, they love cars, Jeff the bass player has two Edsel tu-door wagons! ~sololobo~

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  8. CalGasser

CalGasser

Lots to see and do in Vegas - you won't be bored! Ony problem is to know where to start - and when to quit - four days may notbe enough... You can check out the new hotels on the "Strip" or the older ones in downtown like the Fremont, Golden Nugget (?), Calif. Hotel, etc. Shows, gambling, eating, hookers :eek:, whatever your heart desires...:cool:. But you may probably never leave the Orleans as there's so much activity going on there. And don't forget the drag strip!

G'dey myte, Vic

9. CalGasser

CalGasser

Duane Eddy, Ventures - cool, heros of my era! Nice lineup Axle, gotta make it to the dances and try out some of our Lindy Hop moves...:rolleyes: I'm a sworn Gasser Fan so if you're into Gassers, Axle always has a cool lineup of them and this year, he'll have his own there. I've had my Willys there twice and always had a great time. If you have a Gasser, Axle will welcome you to show it. Also I can't say enough about the lineup of bands playing plus some "hardcore" Jive & Jitterbug dancers. For those that have never been, it's a whole different culture - an experience to say the least! :D Vic

10. My dad got Don Wilson and Nokie Edwards of "The Ventures" and Jim Reid, Paul Wheeler, Ron Overman and Larry Loney of "The Gems" autographs in 1963 when they were on the MV Coho from Victoria, B.C. to Port Angeles, Wa.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

The AlleyCats CC will be there! Im trying my best to have my Model A done for the show. And that really awesome band "The Vintage Vandals" is playing VLV this year!!;)[​IMG]

12. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Big Banger, Those autographs are very neat. Btw, did you know that Ram Air pans are now reproduced in steel ?

13. Thanks

The reproduction steel pans for the 65 are based on the 66 pan, they just made them with the smaller hole for the center carb. The original 65 pan is quite different, the outer perimeter edge bends downward unlike the 66 pan that bends upward to help hold the foam seal in place. Also the front surface of the pan where the foam seal attaches bends slightly downward and there are no dimples around the holes to keep the air cleaners level.

This is a picture of an original 65 pan I bought last year,

[​IMG]

Mat

14. Yeah, I'm pretty stoked on going! It'll be my first time to VLV!..And a bunch of us are caravaning down from Montreal,Canada in our vintage rides (my '56 Cad, two kustom '51 Hudsons, and a Model A sedan Hot Rod)! We're all reg'd and Orleans booked, cars already reg'd.
    Part of the fun will be driving to VLV!

15. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thats great. This guy is driving this Roadster from Alberta.

Attached Files:

16. That's awesome! nice Roadster,BTW..

17. M.Edell

M.Edell

A lot of holes in the desert, and a lot of problems are buried in those holes...

18. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Approx. a dozen cars registering daily . Don't wait til the last minute folks . Orleans Hotel is full, Gold Coast Hotel is full. There are still rooms available at the Palms & Rio . mention VLV and they will honor a discount . Thanks

19. osidebarrel

osidebarrel
    from San Diego

Axle thanks for a great show every year. I registered and counting down the days....

20. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Some times your out in the desert digging holes, somebody shows up and youre digging holes all night.
    Ventures huh? I'm thinkin now.

21. axle

axle
    from Drag City

AND:

Duane Eddy

The Polecats

Big Sandy & the Flyrite Boys

;)

22. autobilly

autobilly

The Polecats, now there's a blast from the past!

23. mickey moon

mickey moon
    from Australia

First timer VLV can't wait ,had a ball at mooneyes xmas party a few years back .Counting down the days .

24. my 3rd year this year..I hope to get my COE running by then,only a month?damit.
    Great show BTW,Hey when are you having shanana play?

25. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

A month and a half away. Looking forward to this.

26. rustbuild

rustbuild
    from oklahoma

Axle,You show the 1day passes to the carshow for 25.00,But the website reads 30.00,Is there a code or something.i know its only $5 bucks but i buy tickets for my guys.unfortunity there is only going to be 4 of us this year.:(

27. ttheavymetal

ttheavymetal

Im gonna check this out since I have had this weekend booked already. Looking forward to checkin out the goods!

28. Tom Ingram

Tom Ingram

Tickets are $30. Kids up to 15 years old are free.

29. Tom Ingram

Tom Ingram

I hate to correct you, but Viva Las Vegas was never anything to do with Ronnie Weiser. It was not his brainchild either. It was started by myself and Barney of No Hit Records. From the first one Ronnie was a big supporter of VLV and he did a welcoming party at his house which we supported, although it was tough for me to get to his house due the work of setting up VLV.

30. need clarification... my son turns 16 mid april. I believe the website says 15 and younger in for free. Post earlier says up to 15 in for free. I just want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly. 15 and under in for free.