Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom Pedal Car Strollers/Wagons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nert, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b-bop

b-bop

Going through some old photo's tonight, had to get em on the scanner. Last one is sort of a wagon, pulled two kids, and a days picnic supplies to every playground we could find on Saturday's when the wife was at work.

Attached Files:

2. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Damn this thread inspires me to finish my wagon

3. Here is one I built for my Grandson. That's him and now he's 18. Don't know where it ended up thanks to family issues beyond my control. We both had fun together at that time. The front lifted off to expose storage for Baby stuff and the back lifted off to expose a Cooler for Adult needs. The brake handle worked a band brake on the rear axle. It had a push handle that clipped on the rear guard and was built with changes in mind. It also had provisions to become a Pedal car as he grew and the frame had mounts for a Briggs motor so becoming a Go Cart latter was just nuts and bolts. Yep, that's real leather upholstery.
    The Wizzard

Attached Files:

4. Mike, this is one is way over the top, any day now there will be a barn find post featuring it. Sucks its present location is unknown. Can't believe anyone would have trashed it.

5. Big Dad

Big Dad

Seen these at the goodguys show last year

[​IMG]

6. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

Lot of lucky kids with great parents on this board! :)

7. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Pist--n--broke Can you tell me where you got the wheels/tires? BILL RINALDI

8. Zapato; I doubt the car was trashed. I have strong suspecion it was sold for pennies on the dollar to support a bad habit even though I was told it was Stolen.
    Bill; I bought the wheels from a cart supplier called Azusa Engineering in Covina Ca. Old ph # 818-966-4167 Who know if they are still in biz. The wheel is called "The Spinner" and is actually a 2 part wheel. Another wheel they had was called "The Astro" and looked a lot like early American 5 spokes.
    The Wizzard

9. mike805

mike805

Do you have any pics detailing how you bagged it. My little girl would love that!

10. pakrat

pakrat

Two pedal cars I made for my daughters. They love them, my oldest daughter really loves if since I installed a radio in it. I do have some build pics in my album if anyone is interested.

Attached Files:

11. vg62truck

vg62truck

[​IMG][​IMG]
    My start to a unique wagon or pedal car, not sure which direction it is going to go yet.

It will have a 1" square tube chassis, aluminum floor, firewall and trunk. Wrecked the trunk lid cutting it out, will roll a new one on the english wheel.

Thinking wagon and stroller combo. will try to make it steer like a wagon when dragged from the front or pushed like a stroller.

Going to make the chassis moduler so down the road I could install the power train from an electric scooter.

Working on this instead of my 44 dodge that waits for a chop in the back ground.

Vern

12. vg62truck

vg62truck

[​IMG][​IMG]

The progress continues. This was my little buddies first look at it, he hasn't come out to the shop for a few days, to cold to venture from the house to the shop.

This project has been a nice[rewarding]distraction from my stalled out 44 dodge truck project. Maybe this will be the kick in the pants I need to get back at it.

A buddy stopped by yesterday and was asking how I made the body, he asked "English wheel?" I commented shot bag and BFH, he stood there for a minute in disbelief, wondering. Then his girlfriend pipes up "Body by Crane, dumbass!". She acttually had to explain it to him. He had a little trouble wrapping his head around the fact that it was a bathtub.

Well out to the shop, time to tackle the front end steering.

Vern

13. speedbump

speedbump

Here's one I made for my kids. Was an old sears riding mower.

Attached Files:

14. Green66

Green66
    from Fremont Ne

I decided my 2 year old needed a cool wagon. I had some paint left over from my car, some unistrut and some 1" square tubing, and some time on ebay. BBeen working on it on and off for a year or so. Cant wait for the car show and swap meet season to pull him around in it. Not as much fun pulling him around my neighborhood, my neighbors just ask me where I bought it.:D

Attached Files:

15. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Pedalcars? I think I have issues

Attached Files:

16. docmike

docmike

I'll jump in here with a picture of the pedal car I built for my son about 30 years ago (sorry about the bad picture, what do you expect from a 30 year old instamatic picture). It's too bad his mother backed over it with her Gremlin before my son was big enough for him to enjoy it.

[​IMG]

Doc

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  17. redzula

redzula

that looks eriely like the one I built in autobody class a few years ago
    [​IMG]

18. Beau

Beau

Radio Flyer Death Machine (before the engine was put in). It has a 2-stroke Sno Pup engine, belt drive, reverse. It'll do wheelies too! A bit scary with the short wheel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Little Red Wagon:
    I came across a Hot Wheels toy that looked like a Red Wagon with a Hemi in the back so I decided to build it full size. It's powered by a 24 Volt DC electric motor, and can runs at 3 MPH. The Hemi is one of my full size display models, and the red wagon body section is a one off fiberglass piece. To dress up the design I sculptured a bell housing in fiberglass that covers up the electric motor, and at the same time I placed a fiberglass copy of a quick change cover on the back. The battery's are under the seat.
    I was told by one guy " that I had to much time on my hands ". I told him " No I just made the best of my time. Not like him. I didn't get drunk at the bar and then made my way home to kick my kid's and wife around". Needless to say he wasn't very happy with me, and I wasn't forced at the time to give him a boxing lesson. I built the Little Red Wagon in 2006. If you look on the Blower Cap the Hot Wheels toy is sitting on the top.
    Thanks for reading, Johnny Sweet

Attached Files:

• 8.JPG
      8.JPG
      File size:
      290.3 KB
      Views:
    • 7.JPG
      7.JPG
      File size:
      241.3 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      305.4 KB
      Views:
    • 9.JPG
      9.JPG
      File size:
      251.3 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      231.4 KB
      Views:
    • 027_00A_0003.JPG
      027_00A_0003.JPG
      File size:
      282.4 KB
      Views:
  20. vg62truck

vg62truck

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Progress continues on the tub wagon, including tubs in the tub!

Vern

21. bballjones

bballjones

Finally finished my latest project! Oil can doubles as a cooler!! Frame is made out of copper!! Cheers!! :)

Attached Files:

• rr2.jpg
      rr2.jpg
      File size:
      39.3 KB
      Views:
    • rr6.jpg
      rr6.jpg
      File size:
      54 KB
      Views:
    • rr3.jpg
      rr3.jpg
      File size:
      50.3 KB
      Views:
    • rr7.jpg
      rr7.jpg
      File size:
      420.3 KB
      Views:
    • rr5.jpg
      rr5.jpg
      File size:
      21.5 KB
      Views:
    • rr4.jpg
      rr4.jpg
      File size:
      25.9 KB
      Views:
    • rr8.jpg
      rr8.jpg
      File size:
      362.5 KB
      Views:
    • rr9.jpg
      rr9.jpg
      File size:
      504.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  22. redzula

redzula

Sweet wagons. I like the patina and that oil can rocks. What is the green bok on the back?

23. bballjones

bballjones

Its just an old tool box my grandfather gave me years ago. I used to keep the few tools I had in it. With the oil can being a cooler I figured we needed a spot to store the can coozies and the bottle openers! :D Was planning on selling it, but now I may be too attached!! ha....Maybe my fleet is getting out of control!

Attached Files:

24. Landry

Landry
    from NH

One I just built for my daughter
    [​IMG]

25. Landry

Landry
    from NH

Bballjones I was gonna do a copper frame too. Being a plumber I thought it would be cool. I'm guessing it's sturdy enough

26. radardog

radardog

I'm building this wagon for my 16 month old son. I'm not blaming beer but after a few rounds I remembered that I never had a wagon and now I'm too big for a Radio Flyer. The tub will measure 48" x 18" and the rear axle is part of a Harbor Freight trailer that was taking up too much space. The master plan is to make the tub easily removable so I can mount a chunk of plywood and carry greasy swap meet goodies.

27. radardog

radardog

2nd try to upload pics.

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      102.3 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      109.7 KB
      Views:
  28. nanillo

nanillo

Here's what I started off with and it just started evolving into the final product.

Attached Files:

• 107.jpg
      107.jpg
      File size:
      261.6 KB
      Views:
    • 108.jpg
      108.jpg
      File size:
      255.9 KB
      Views:
    • 127.jpg
      127.jpg
      File size:
      243.8 KB
      Views:
    • 137.jpg
      137.jpg
      File size:
      252.4 KB
      Views:
  29. nanillo

nanillo

Then I tweaked it a little more with different size tires and added some wood on the floor and siderails.

Attached Files:

• 054.jpg
      054.jpg
      File size:
      225.8 KB
      Views:
    • 139.jpg
      139.jpg
      File size:
      245.2 KB
      Views:
    • 056.jpg
      056.jpg
      File size:
      264.8 KB
      Views:
  30. Wicked50

Wicked50

That's cool my brother is restoring a stroller for my nephew ill post pics later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.