Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone from Redding Ca.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hustler1984, Feb 20, 2012.

1. hustler1984

hustler1984
    from lindsay ca

Moving to Redding in a week just looking for some local hang out spots. Moving up there to get closer to the wife's family but I don't know one person from there and the last thing I want to do is hang out with the inlaws every day

2. Redding has a pretty good carshow weekend in April I forget the name of the main drag, maybe Hill St, but there is a resturant name Logans Road House on it ... fine fine food.

Redding is hotter than shit though ... enjoy

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

X2, been invited to go down and stay with old family friend that lives there. She told me it's huge. I'm sure by the time the event is over you will have all your questions answered.

4. JakeBreak

JakeBreak

Kool April Nights is the name of the car show that SAM is talking about they have a website, http://www.koolaprilnites.com, and it looks like it will be at the convention center this year. SAM is also right about Logan's Road House being pretty good food (it's a steakhouse), it's on Hilltop.

As for local hang outs, I'm anti-social so I haven't botherd to see how friendly they are, but local hot rods start showing up around April every year. There's a drive in burger place that's at the North end of Highway 273 where guys show up weekly. I can't remember what day, but if you go there and ask, I'm sure they could tell you.

There's also a drag strip out by the air port, I've never been, but it is NHRA affiliated. Apparently the longest continuously operating NHRA strip. They're website is at http://reddingdragstrip.info/wordpress/ .

As well the Hot-O-Rama car shows are in may and june if I understand correctly. Their web address is http://www.hot-orama.com there's info about a swap meet, some small shows, and the big show at the Shasta Fair grounds on their page.

For general info about reddings fairs and festivals you can go to redding.com, that's the local news website. There are enough events during the summer that it's worth checking out.

And to repeat SAM again, Redding is definately hotter than shit. The heat last through September triple digits all the way. But there are two lakes less than half hour drive. Most locals prefer Whiskeytown lake, but Lake Shasta can be fun too.

5. hustler1984

hustler1984
    from lindsay ca

Thanks for all the info.

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Sorry to hear that but I can understand why. Much has changed since I grew up down here. But I will say, Redding was a real nice place when I visited and freindly also.

7. JakeBreak

JakeBreak

Redding seems pretty friendly still when I do go out and interact. It has been growing for the past few years that I've been around, and there have been a few growing pains. It's not quite as friendly as when I first got here, but way better than where I left. Most people seem decent though.

I came back because I forgot to mention that Hot-O-Rama is more O/T cars than not, but it's still interesting and there are more than a few cars of the HAMB flavor there. And the drive in burger place is Gene's Drive-In.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  8. 46 Fleetline

46 Fleetline
    from California

Hustler1984, I live in Redding.
    I can tell you theres not much up here. Most of the people up here only take their cars out during the month of April :/ It gets hotter then HELL here during the summer time. Let me know if you need any more answers to this little town.
    The car show in April does get pretty big. Kool April Nights normally gets about 3,000+ cars and the show last all week.

9. hartmankustomz

hartmankustomz

Yep its hot....as far as the weather goes.