Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage minibikes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by INJUNTOM, Jul 7, 2006.

1. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Wren by Bird Engineering

2. scrappybunch

scrappybunch
    from nj

Thanks Injun! I plan to join the oldminibike forum. This thread has biten me hard.

3. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I just bought two mini bikes I'll post pics one is ( I was told a 1969 ) Sears is the brand I was told it runs and has something like a two speed gears not sure yet. I got to get it cleaned up and make sure it runs before I tear it down and redo it. I would like to know any info if anyone knows anything about this minibike:cool: thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  4. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

That narrows it down to about 150 brands available at that time... :D

5. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

posted pics thanks bump.

6. AllthenamesIpickaretaken

AllthenamesIpickaretaken

heres an Artic Cat Ramrod and a Honda 50, I dont have a clue what the one with the wheelie bar is but it looked cool and the guy who owned it didnt have the money to pay me for the tow so .................

Attached Files:

7. blacufo

blacufo

CAT Muskin "Grand Champion" 350ss mini bike

Attached Files:

8. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

[​IMG]

I just picked up a Sears and Roebuck mini bike that looks just like this. It is chrome and has suspension in front and rear. Anyone know anything about these?

9. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

New one in the shop, gonna be fun to do, can anyone I D this mini

this just in!!! 1968 Keystone mini cycle

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  10. dw1973

dw1973
    from Adrian, MI

I picked up a 63 Simplex Sportsman Senior and Compact recently. Looking for the original Continental AU85, 1120 or 1150 engine with lighting coil and kick start and parts missing in the pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. You need to check with vintage 1/4 midget guys. The Continental was the engine of choice in the 50's and '60s for 1/4 midgets.

12. butch27

butch27

I have a1945 Simplex but it looks bigger.

13. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

Can anybody help identify the year of mine? I know it's a K&S Hornet and that the engine is not original and I have also been told the wheels are a different brand. Just wondering the era.

Attached Files:

14. guffey

guffey

more Rupps 1962 Dart cycles and a Continetal with a Hodaka ace

guffeystuff 010 (2).jpg

guffeystuff 005 (2).jpg

15. help-me-honda

help-me-honda

This little Minibike has been around a while, I think it ia a c-250.. 3-1/2 hp. Needs rear brake. I think it is a 1967 or1968. Tim

Attached Files:

16. racer756

racer756

Bought a rare one yesterday. Mickey bike by Mickey Thompson.

Attached Files:

17. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Simplex motors , new orleans la. I think about a 67-69 ? If any one knows thanks !!! :D

Attached Files:

18. haliburdaracing

haliburdaracing
    from santa ana

I have a 1951 Minibike Simplex Sportsman I want to sell. How much is it worth?

Attached Files:

19. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Dude thats cqql .dont know on the price they must have made this up to about 65... Theres black and white sales adds on .ebay .check it out.:)

20. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Figure late 60s to early 70s on most minibikes - I'd say more into the 70s on that one.

21. luvsjunkalot

luvsjunkalot

Ive got my mothers I didnt know how to tell the year She thought it was around a 49 ??

22. Loppy

Loppy

I just had to share this. Was cruising in downtown WPB and passed an antique store and saw an old mini-bike in the window. Couldn't pass this up so I spun around and went in. I made may way to the display to find a vintage Alexander Reynolds it pristine condition. Cool! Then a turned the tag around and...BAM $7950! Are you f'n kidding me! The guy has zero clue! Told him good luck. Maybe he'll find a ignorant Palm Beacher to cough up that kind dough. Had to laugh.

Attached Files:

23. Got this one from an old Boss of mine. I think I was around 27 (Im 52 now). It was his kids at one time. I used to haul my kids around on it and then it sat for a long time until they decided to drag it out and play with it. They are 29 and 30 now.

They got into cars and it sat for awhile again. Then one of my friends kids got to mini bike age so I gave it to them. Both of his boys used it and grew out of it. He called me up a little while back and asked if I wanted that old mini bike back. I told him sure.

My grand daughter is 6 now so I guess its time to figure what it will take to get it running and let her have a go at it.

Its been a part of the family for a long time. I have no idea what it is though. Never really looked in to it.

[​IMG]

24. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Hey tom i have another frame thats smaller , and way lighter , you can see the cheepness coming in, was thinking that one was the 70,s and late 60,s on the green one its heavy and built like a tank. I think simplex went out out business in the early 70,s :) thanks rocky

Attached Files:

25. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

I'll sell you one for a fraction of that :D

26. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

It's an MTD since it doesn't have rear shocks on the seat frame, otherwise it would be a Columbia.

Great riders and sturdy as well.

27. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

WoW! Great survivor.

28. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Mine has the same frame but different seat and no fenders, what year mini bike is that?? I think mine is a late 60s early 70s? :confused:

29. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

[QUOTE="T'RANTULA";7479962]Mine has the same frame but different seat and no fenders, what year mini bike is that?? I think mine is a late 60s early 70s? :confused:[/QUOTE]
    Dominator or Slingshot maybe. You may be able to find it here: http://jleibovitch.tripod.com/id283.htm