Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone ordered moser axles?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hustler1984, Feb 17, 2012.

1. hustler1984

hustler1984
    from lindsay ca

I dropped a 10 bolt gm differential to go under my 55 Buick at a gear shop to get narrowed. They are ordering new chromoly axles from Moser the guy told me they take 6 days to get the new axles. I am on a very tight schedule and we are going on 9 days now and nothing fromMoser yet just wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with them

2. Terraizer

Terraizer

I had some axles from moser made a few years ago and they told me 7-10 days once the order was placed and they where at my door in 8 days. I will order from them agian in the future, good company. I would have your gear shop call Moser and see whats going on.

3. Smilin Jack

Smilin Jack

I had Moser respline some axles for me. Sent them UPS on Friday and got them back the next Friday UPS. I will do it again!

4. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

What did Moser say when you called them? Only a fool would make a post on a message board without calling the company first.

5. Ok, I'll ask Did you call them, TODAY ?

And yes I have ordered several set from them. Everything went perfect, on all orders.

6. Tank

Tank

I ordered a set for my Merc. after I broke one.... They had to custom make them, so it took a little longer. But I had them within the timeframe they gave me. I had excellent service, and will do business with them in the future if I ever need it.

7. G'day, Moser shortened and resplined some axles for me. Treated me right.

ms

8. hustler1984

hustler1984
    from lindsay ca

Ok thanks, I am not too worried yet but I am moving in 10 days and have no way to get my car on a trailer without the diff.

9. Master of None

Master of None

Yep helped a friend get some for his circle track car, ordered them on Monday raced on Friday.

10. hustler1984

hustler1984
    from lindsay ca

I called the gear shop I have doing the diff and he said he receives a shipping confirmation when moser ships them. He said he had not received the notice yet. And don't get me wrong I am in no way trying to talk bad about either company I was just lookin for a little input from some guys that have ordered from them.

11. Fenders

Fenders

I've used a come-along to good effect.....

12. i ordered some axles years ago. when the axles didn't show it was because the guy doing the rearend had not ordered them he was using my cash to fund his project. i would call moser and see if the axle order was placed. i have used moser axles on three cars and had better luck with them than strange.

13. hustler1984

hustler1984
    from lindsay ca

The shop didn't ask for money or deposit upfront.

14. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Just got got my housing ends welded on and axles made. 4 days from me to them and back to me again. Top notch operation. Todd.

15. hustler1984

hustler1984
    from lindsay ca

Well thanks for all the input! Kinda put my worries at rest for now.

16. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

If we are talking about a street car, be sure you are buying street axles. You should ask Moser about this when you place the order. Because of the material used, and how the axles are made, race axles can be stronger, but not necessarily have adequate fatigue resistance when used on the street.

17. captmullette

captmullette

sounds like the shop dropped the ball, used moser and mine were shipped promptly

18. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I got real lucky and called them before I bought the 9" to put under my 53 Stude. I knew the dimensions that I needed for the 5 spokes so he recommended me getting a 69ish Torino rear so that the axles would be long enough to shorten and re-spline. I never would have bought one that wide but his recommendation saved me from having to buy new axles. I shortened the housing myself and he shortened the axles complete with new axle bearings. I tell everybody if you want to narrow a rear, get your dimensions and call them first. He will tell you what year and model rear to search for.

19. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

I had moser cut down a 9" ford for me and make new axles also. I got it back in less than a week. They did a great job!

20. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

My Son's rpu has Moser axles under it and after getting them he decided to have them redrilled for a 5 x 5.5 bolt pattern so he could use 40 Ford wheels on it. We called them, they were extremely friendly, and they turned the axles around in a few days and sent them back to us.

Very impressed with the quality of the axles and the redrilling job was right on the money. Will order from them again for sure.

Don

21. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

Moser is top of the line. I would question working on a project 2 weeks before moving. Doesn't give you a lot room for error.

22. thehazguy

thehazguy

Ordered sets from them in the past No problems plus had a special order All worked well Good company to deal with as stated by others Good luck

23. hustler1984

hustler1984
    from lindsay ca

I already had the car apart when I took a job in northern California. It wasn't my play to be in such a rush. And everyone always sound smart when the have hindsight

24. I use moser whenever I need axles or to have them modified. 1 week is ususally enough unless it is something odd. I would call moser. My bet is they werent sent when you are being told they were.

25. 60 ford

60 ford

I have bought a lot of stuff from Moser's over the years, never had any problem's.

26. metalshapes

metalshapes

Had Moser make some axle for a O/T car.

Couldnt be happyer.

27. OldsRanch

OldsRanch

They're top notch. Good turnaround, and NEVER had a problem.

I've bought 2 sets of race axles, and also had some cut down 9" axles resplined for my stude.

28. They made me some custom ones for my Olds rear.
    I had a '64 Oldsmobile housing narrowed 7" and used big Ford Econoline axle ends.
    M/E made billet axles with the correct 31 spline count and the Econoline axle bearings cut to my specified length.
    Took a little bit under 2 weeks.
    I was very satisfied although it was not a cheap job.

29. hustler1984

hustler1984
    from lindsay ca

Got word from moser today axles shipped from them on Friday should have them by this Wednesday!!!