Register now to get rid of these ads!

If someone can, please help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mishata64, Feb 20, 2012.

1. mishata64

mishata64

Greetings to all.

For my project I collect a full set of Stewart Warner "Green Line" gauges. In August 2011 I bought S/W pedestal tachometer and seller sent it to Bob`s Speedometer for show quality restoration. We agreed that it would cost -

Green Line Tachometer -
    Chrome (8 Pieces)............ $700.00
    Face.................................$375.00
    Meter Movement................$300.00

Bob's Speedometer
    10123 Bergin Rd.
    Howell, MI, 48843
    810-632-040

I sent $500 deposit, and got an answer -
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    "Did indeed receive a $500.00 deposit for the work to begin the green-line tachometer. We will get started on it immediately.
    A balance of $875.00 + Shipping will be due upon completion, should take no longer than 3-4 weeks.
    [/FONT]"

After waiting more than four months, asked what wrong. January 27th got the answer that everything was ready, and they send an invoice, but since then no messages.

Maybe someone from the respected HAMBers, know this company, and can help me find out what's going on? :confused:

Thanks. Yours.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  2. Greetings from the road in Alabama .... :D

Is the Vendor a HAMB member ?

If not, how did you find your way to him ?

Jim

3. BJR

BJR

So did you send the rest of the money? Do they answer their phone, and if so what do they say? Need some more details.

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Savely, I phoned Bob's for you and spoke with a very nice man named Bruce. They have been trying to get in touch with you but there must be some long distance issue.

Your Greenline Tach is done but what is holding things up is that you sent 3 other instruments with it and they do not know if you want those done or just returned not done. They are a Stage III Tach, OP gauge, and Amp gauge.

If you do not want them done you owe them the $ 875.00 plus $ 100 for shipping and they will send them all to you upon receipt of the money.

He says he only has some pictures of the restoration to send you, as you requested, as someone deleted the pictures from his computer.

I told Bruce I would call him to let him know what you want done, so if you post it here I will be happy to act on your behalf here in the States.

Don

5. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

You are a lot more patient than I would have been.

Have you tried to contact Bob since January 27th? Like BJR said, we need more info.

Chrome sure is expensive in Michigan!!

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

After speaking with Bruce it was apparent to me that it was just a matter of him being in Russia and Bob's being clear over here thing. Bruce said both he and Shelly there have been trying to get an answer on this for some time but Savely has not been responding. (maybe some glitch in the email system or whatever)

The Greenline has been done for some time now but they just needed to know what he wants done with the other 3 instruments. They would love to get paid and get it out the door, but that question of the 3 other instruments is the holdup.

So as soon as Savely tells me what he wants done with the other 3 I will call Bruce back.

Don

7. butch27

butch27

I've dealt with Bob's O.K. people.

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I got that impression this morning. Everyone from the receptionist to Bruce was very professional and on top of things. They knew right away who I was calling about (I didn't have his name until Bruce gave it to me) and they had all the info right there at hand. I've dealt with enough companies that you can sort of tell how good they are pretty fast, and Bob's impressed me a lot. They came across as a small company where everyone is in the loop about work in progress and what is going on, unlike dealing with a huge chain operation where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

I'm convinced it was just that Savely is clear across the world and not able to just pick up the phone and get an answer like I did that caused this issue.

Don

9. LabRat

LabRat

Well done Don , your a champ ...

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

ditto

11. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

Time zones between Russia and the States is a huge issue also. While Bobs is open for business they are sleeping over there:)

Scot

12. mishata64

mishata64

Thank you very much for taking time to my problem.

Just got a reply from Bob's Speedometer, which will soon receive an invoice... and excuses for "...no one answered your last email".
    So, everything works, suddenly.
    Maybe ask for photo of finished tach, before paying?
    About Stage III gauges i told them before, that I don`t need it at all. (Over the past four months I found NOS ones)

Once again thank you very much, Don

P.S.
    My name is Mike.
    Savely is my son. I used his Paypal when send money.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  13. Way to go Don! Im sure the language difference had a lot to do with it.

14. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Kudos to Don's Hot Rods!! Well done. This willingness to help another rodder is what keeps us/me going. The majority of hot rod/custom folks are first class.
    Again, "Way to go", Don's!!

15. Nice job Don's Hot Rods !
    Talk about gettin on it !

16. alchemy

alchemy

They build hot rods in Russia?! :)

17. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Don is a great guy. He stayed on top of the situation when we had a shipping issue a while back. Thanks, Don.

18. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I just saw a chance to help a fellow rodder out.........besides, I have some Russian in my Grandparents past. :D Glad it worked out, Mike. Bob's people seem like nice folks too.

Don

19. Mercchev

Mercchev

Nice work, Don. Always nice to see someone looking out for others in these times.

20. 117harv

117harv

Hey Don, adding my thanks too:)

21. mishata64

mishata64

Happy end.

Got pictures of tach. Paid. Waiting for the parcel.
    Thank you Don for your help. Thanks to all.

Mike

Attached Files: