Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dodge A100 Group

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hdsn49, Dec 12, 2010.

1. caseyrod

caseyrod

I am sorry to ask a stupid question but do a100 have chassis or are they unitize body,s?

2. RodStRace

RodStRace

casetrod, all 3 vans from that era are unitized.
    [​IMG]

3. JeremyJames

JeremyJames
    from concord NC
    1. HAMB Merc Club

Just picked this Gem up the other day.

The old man that built this thing had a thing for 4x4 vans.... There's some pretty insane engineering in this thing. Dana axles, d20 transfer case, 302 ford hooked to a warmer t89 3 speed and its got a rancho overdrive

Attached Files:

4. croc1

croc1

Hi there,I have a `66 van, Someone done a 4" chop on it in the late `70s and now Im trying to get it back on the road after 12 maybe 15 years in a garage ! got a 318 to go init

5. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

6. RodStRace

RodStRace

Just a bump and update
    66 panel - still sitting on the side of the garage. Need to remove a little metal, then blast, weld and hand off to my body/paint guy...
    68 window 8-door - still sitting at the college. Will be starting back on the roof replacement soon. Need to replace some drip rail then glue the roof on.
    69 108 panel - Swapped out the /6, just need to finish the throttle linkage.

Still have the lazy daze parts RV and my friend is selling his 68 PU for 2800.

7. homebrew-2percent

homebrew-2percent
    from oHIo

DROP THAT A!!

First test run, Had to rig up some quick and dirty controls.....

[​IMG]

GETT'N'LO!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hit the air switch to go up and it sits just about at stock ride height on 40 year old springs. I still have plenty more lift in the bags to go up, but I'm out of shock. Its cool though - totally stoked.

I broke my camera, but I'll get some videos of it in action soon.

Now I just have to get the front to go whoop-whoop too....

8. kma4444

kma4444

So mine is coming along.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm currently doing disks all around and then a transmission swap. Going to move the radiator down the to the bottom. Then later, AC and all that stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. O.K......where did you get that tailgate with no "DODGE" letters or depressed area in it???

10. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Looking good guys. I just found this thread as KMA4444 just commented in mine. I like the Dodge lines for sure.

Keep it going.

11. RodStRace

RodStRace

The 108 was driven all summer and even won a local trophy!
    It's currently on stands until I can get the radiator repaired/replaced.
    Seems nobody makes something tall, narrow and with the outlets where they need to be.

The 66 was dropped off at the blasters yesterday, and the doors today. Expect to pick it up in a week.
    Then sand smooth and prep the open areas, weld in the patches and prime the whole thing.

12. lumbee

lumbee

13. RodStRace

RodStRace

lumbee, you are welcome to scan through my various posts here in this topic and post various suppliers for these vans. I can come back later and give you more info.
    Best of luck on your forum. The Vintage-vans group has suffered a real drop in postings, as have many other forums. I blame it on various things, but I will suggest posting only great,usable content and moderating stuff that is off-topic, repeats every week (What size tires?) or is otherwise chaff.
    Since you have only started, I'll hold off until there is more content and members to join, but will keep watching.

I'll post a pic from a friend who has sadly left us. Big block A-100 from decades ago.
    66_van_5.jpg

14. lumbee

lumbee

Thanks Rod...just ordered an electronic choke from https://www.carbsonly.com/ so excited to see how installing that goes. Also ordered lower body panels for the left side. I'm planning on tackling that in the spring.