Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

you and me both :D

2. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

No real update today again , I'm still sanding :eek:

3. oldman2

oldman2

Sometimes it seems as if it will never end:):). Your doing a great job, just hang in there:cool:....Jim

4. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

it will all be fine, once the dust settles :rolleyes:

5. Lookin' really awesome! You gonna bring it to the Harrington, DE Fair Grounds show this summer?

6. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks Jim :)
    yah thats a lot of dust :D
    Thank you , na unfortuinelly i know it wont be done for harringtion , im really shooting for the jalopyrama , there still soo much to do and the details are taking forever,and since im doing everything my self it will be at least till oct untile i get it close to being done , so im keeping my fingers crossed for then :eek:

7. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

Call in some help man!! I want it done now! hahaha!

8. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Cody, WOOOOOOOOOOOW! Do you have any finger prints left??? Sand, sand, sand, the wagon is a boat and it's gonna be finger slicken smooth.
    SLICK, SMOOTH and SLAMMED!
    Glad to hear the JALOPYRAMA is still your TARGET. I'll have a special place for you on the floor! 229 days and counting!
    You'll make it, I have confidence in you, your determination, and your talent.

9. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

i wish it was that easy , if only i wasnt so darn particular :( , but when the body comes off ill have my brother over sandblasting so that will be some help :D

Thanks Mike , the finger prints are gone and there still more sanding to do:eek:, the jalopyrama as been my target for years now , its my fav shows and what a great cause . im glad you all have the confidence in me,and
    at times when i think of actually how much time i have left and what i still have to do and its verry overwhelming , i fugared it out and yah there 225 days left but thats if can work on it everyday , so i fugared in my time of actually working on it and that came out to 3 months of actual work:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    the good part is the main body is about 70 ready for paint so when ever i get the body off the frame and back on ill be squirting it :D and i hope everything will be rolling along smoothly then

10. oldman2

oldman2

Cody, if it will help you make the show, I'll keep after you each week to keep your butt moving:):cool::rolleyes::D....Jim

11. Dorrier kustom

Dorrier kustom

Its never good to sit and figure out actual work time. It will make you puke. Lol

12. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't wait to see this beauty sittin' on the floor of the Armory!

13. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

lol :D

yah i know :( but i have to fugare this stuff out so i can get all my ducks in a row , but yah its been keepin my mind going a million miles an hour :confused::eek:

you and me both , now maby we'll finally get to meet in person this time :D

14. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

just went through all 40 pages.... freakin sick man. so many awesome and subtle mods. amazing work and craftsmanship. and the 6 is awesome. ill have to get in touch with you at some point and check this thing out in person. im always down 1 headin to O.C, killer work dude. - shane

15. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thank you for taking the time out to go threw all of it , yah just let me know .

16. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

no prob, fab work is very nice man. awesome wagon. ive always loved 59 chevys of any style. i have a 59 pickup that im about to tear down soon. i have a lotttt of work ahead of me, threads like this give a lot of us inspiration. keep up the good work brotha!

17. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Another Monday update all about me sanding and rolling around in primer dust .

18. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks man , if you love 59 chevys you'll definately have to check out , j fishbeck, hemifarris , and nads build threads on there elkys , there all amazing , what kind of shape is your truck in ?

19. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Woohoo there's good news and bad news for this monday update, the bad is i spent another day sanding:( , the good is next monday i should be putting it in the second primer , also i got a new computer and now im back in business with the large photos , and i my fuel pressure regulator/ filter came in the mail today:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Dang. All this sanding. You're going to end up with a body straighter than..

Than..

Well, a pretty dang straight body.

21. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

lol yah i guess so , im a soooooooooooooooooooo ready to be done all this sanding ,

22. oldman2

oldman2

Cody, can't wait to see it all in new primer....Jim

23. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

primer hell! I wanna see paint! I'm sure Cody does too!!

24. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

Sweet filter btw

25. This wagon my be one of the coolest wagons I've ever seen,,,beautiful work! HRP

26. rld14

rld14

I REALLY like how this is turning out... just incredible work. And Danny, your build aint too shabby!

27. fitzee

fitzee

Yes.. very nice work.. I love it

28. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Monday update time again . so over the weekend i started back working on the rear bumper straightning and a lot of filing, i fugar i mise a well start getting my parts that needs to be sent out for chrome ready ,since i here a lot of good feedback on here about chrome plater josh i think im going to try them out for my chrome needs .
    now for today, it was intersting i spent the day preping and priming the wagon for the second primer ,everything was going good untile my friend chris came in while i was spraying and ( the guy i sub contract for and who's shop my wagon is at ) told me to hurry up spraying and get done, of corse i was like why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well he said the motor on the compressor is going down hill and the next thing we know the motor is on fire , well thankfully he got it out while i was finishing up spraying the last bit of primer so yah what a day . aneyways here are the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=750><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

well here it is today :D
    patience young grass hopper, all good thing come in time :D
    actually if i would already have had the body off the frame and all that done i would bee really close to paint :(

thanks i thought so too now i have to find a place to put it

Thank you i love your wagon build also .

Thank you
    thanks

30. chaddilac

chaddilac

Man I dig the ribbed hood!!!