Register now to get rid of these ads!

Detroit Autorama 2012- Who's Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by safari-wagon, Dec 30, 2011.

1. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

haha! Every year!

2. HRod 50

HRod 50

There is also one D in... Oh forget it. Hahah my bad.. TheEastcoast shows suck anyway. It's all about the West Coast, or the Best Coast when it comes to Customs...

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:p If that was really the case then Mike would have debuted his creation at the GNRS...but nope, he's bringing it to Detroit.;)

4. Haha well why dont you show us how its done and drive your ride out to detroit and show us how YOU are the man . But you wont cause your probably afraid to drive out her cause your car wont make it!

5. Harms Way

Harms Way

Last time I looked, Detroit isn't on the east coast, You must have gone to California public Schools............... :D

6. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Detroit's not on the East Coast? Damn.... I thought this was a beach vacation. :D

7. HRod 50

HRod 50

Wow, I haven't been on in awhi
    E I stirred the pot. First becUse Mike is from Detroit is why it is being shown in detroit. When my car is ready it can be driven anywhere. My car will make it and then some.. GNRS as we all know is the western half of the country's version of the Autorama, so typically when we refer to the east coast biggest show it's the Autorama, and the Wests the GNRS.. At least that's what I have always been told... Wow, so Detroit isn't east coast all you people are so smart.. Ugh.. Get a life..

8. Sniffle sniffle when my car is done I will show you!
    Come on man if your gonna play the game dont start whining out of the gate!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  9. Scott_Rod

Scott_Rod

OOHHH SNAP !!

Hey Ed, how do ya think those LA boys would handle the track at the Jalopy Showdown?? I'm guessing we would'nt see 'em going deep into turn 3, full 'o mud at wide open throttle,,,,,,,, Like you did.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread.

See Y'all at the AUTORAMA !!

10. Yes scott I agree I can see it now :
    Yeah I drive my car from my garage to my enclosed trailer,what do you mean if I want to get into the show I have to drive across 25 feet of muddy track. There is no better satisfaction then diving into the mud so far that jr gets mud on him in turn 3!
    He was probably one of those kids when he cryed he had the booger bubble in his nose and quevering lip when his vans got dirty.

11. Scott_Rod

Scott_Rod

Can't we all just get along?

Now Ed, you gotta remember, the Autorama is a CAR SHOW, not an "event" like the Showdown. There will be hundreds of guys rolling their "never been outside" cars into Cobo Hall with tires wrapped in plastic to keep the treads clean.

There is room for all us us in this hobby/sport/obsession/cause for divorce/poverty.

It's OK if they don't seem to have as good a time as we do! I say, give 'em a big glass of Matt's liquid apple pie and see how they like it! That always seems to brighten the mood for some reason.

Besides, some of the plastic wraped tire guys are going with me on the GM Heritage tour, and I need more poeple to go!!!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  12. yes scott sorry i got ahead of myself here:
    but this is for the cali dude would you do this :

Attached Files:

13. Hooptologist

Hooptologist

On a totally somewhat unrelated subject:

As of now it looks like Mother Nature is going to be kind to those of us that actually do DRIVE our cars to the show, but then again it is Michigan (central coast, and BTW auto capital of the world!!!) so time will tell...

I'm heading down wed. to set up, can't wait.

14. Yep hoping for a unenventful drive in Thursday morning and ride home Sunday night.

15. DetroitDragway

DetroitDragway
    from Michigan

We can't wait to be there. We will be taking photos & interviews for us & Michigan Hot Rod. Hope to see a lot of you there.

http://www.detroitdragway.com

16. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

I would venture to guess that if one wanted to compete for the Ridler it may be a requirement to actually show the car in Detroit (for the first time), but what do I know... :rolleyes:

http://www.autorama.com/ridler

Y'all have fun now.. :D

17. Yes, dry roads would be GREATLY appreciated by all.

18. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I am driving up in the van starting monday, and will have a booth in the artists alley

[​IMG]

19. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Almost done. Can't wait. ImageUploadedByTJJ1329681501.807335.jpg

20. RAD! Are you going to have the van in the show?

Badass!!!!

21. I found out last friday that I have a chance to bring my car to the show. Is there still room for this GM tour?

22. Yes, there is still room for the GM tour. PM Scott_Rod for the info.

23. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

allstarderrick, thats a cool truck your building there, cant wait to see it. One of the guys in our group is doing a 53 (I think) Ford PU so he will want to check that one out...Alan

24. Due to cancellations, we now have two seats available on our Nitro Antique Car Club's charter bus trip to the Autorama. Leaving Nitro, WV at 1:00 am Saturday morning and returning after COBO closes Saturday night (red eye trip). $75 includes transportation, snacks, show tickets and passes to the "hot rod hero" seminar. If interested contact tour director: Bill Fortune, 304-755-1417 or 304-415-6963 [email protected].

25. chopd54

chopd54

Driving my car there from Grand Rapids.. With wrap on the tires the whole way..

Attached Files:

26. scarylarry

scarylarry

Well, I'm still bummed I can't be there but happily my wiener will be!! You'll see.... ;)

27. diamonddrew

diamonddrew

Kustombuick, are you bringing the Buick? If so, I'm looking forward to seeing it!

28. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Special public thanks to Tim for bringing his car up to Detroit!
    It will be in the Vintage Torque booth. I was going to bring the '35 but it is not necessarily the best representative for the show.......
    Tim's car is an AMAZING ride and we are very happy to have it at our booth. Seeya there!
    Be sure to stop by our booth and get some of the new promo material for Torque Fest - this year we are featuring Keven Carter art - he will be in artist alley - so stop by and see him as well.

29. Boarding the plane now.

See you all there:D

30. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

DiamondDrew, Not bringing the Buick, but it would be a fun drive thru the winter weather. The shop I work at and the shop next door to us built a car that the owner is bringing back for the show. The car left Saturday morning and should be there by Thursday morning setup...Alan