Register now to get rid of these ads!

1949 Buick Fender Interchange Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51ChevPU, Jan 31, 2012.

1. 51ChevPU

51ChevPU
    from Arizona

I have a 1950 Buick Sedanette that needs another set of rear fenders. I was hoping to locate a set of 1949 Buick rear fenders along with the rear bumper and brackets. The key to this interchange is whether or not the 49 and 50 bodies were the same. If so, then the interchange shouldn't be a problem. I don't have the appropriate year Hollander catalog to make the body comparisons. If anyone has access and can give me that information, that would be appreciated.

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

In '49 only the Super and Roadmasters got the "new" body (GM "C" body intro'd on Olds and Caddy in '48). The '49 Specials, built only part of the model year, were replaced mid '49 as the new '50 models (Special series only on early intro) and that's when your '50 Sedanette came into the market. It shares absolutely nothing (bodywise) with either the previous "B" body ('41 thru early '49) or the previous "C" body ('48/'49 Olds & Caddy...'49 Buick Super/Roadmaster).

That is not to say you can't do some serious body work and adapt the '49 rear fenders, but a bolt on, they ain't.

Ray

3. 51ChevPU

51ChevPU
    from Arizona

Thank you for your response. Well done !

4. jonnyonedrip

jonnyonedrip
    from canada

i could be interested in a set of rear 49 buick fenders if they are available?